6th April 2011, 05:13 PM
avinas971642

Am I eligible for AIIMS entrance exam?

RESPECTED SIR/MADAM
I HAVE PASSED 12TH BOARDS LAST YEAR FROM “NIOS” BOARD i.e. NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLING.I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER I AM ELIGIBLE FOR AIIMS ENTERANCE EXAM.IS “NIOS” BOARD IS VALID.IT IS A DISTANCE LEARING SCHOOL.

THANKING YOU
YOURS FAITHFULLY
ISHITA.

3rd August 2011, 10:53 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: Am I eligible for AIIMS entrance exam?

NIOS has an authority to take exam and certify its learners registered with it upto pre degree level courses. It is recognized by Government of India.

Any candidate is eligible to sit in AIIMS entrance exam if he/she has passed out class 12th board exam or any other exam equivalent to it from some recognized board or university. Candidates appearing for these exams are also eligible to take the entrance exam.

You need to prepare for Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the exam i.e., you should have these subjects during your pre degree level courses to compete in the examination.

So, NIOS board mark sheet is valid for taking admission in AIIMS.
16th November 2011, 12:37 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for AIIMS entrance exam?

Hi.

The National Institute of Open Schooling was set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)and Government of India in November 1989.
So its approved and recognized by the Government of India.

Now since you want to apply for the AIIMS exam, here are some details :

ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY FOR AIIMS :

1. A candidates should have passed class 12th from a recognized state board, or government board with a minimum 60% aggregate.

2. A candidate should have studied Biology as a compulsory subject in 12th, along with any two of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.

3. He/She should have attained the age of 17 years.

So if your results of 12th board fulfill this category, and you satisfy the age criteria.. then surely you can apply for the AIIMS exam.

IMPORTANT DATES FOR AIIMS 2012 :

1. Online Registration for Application Forms- Second week of February 2012

2. Off-line sale of Prospectus-cum Application Forms- Second week of February 2012

3. Last Date for applying On-line Application Forms- Second week of March 2012

4. Last date for receipt of completed Offline Applications at Examination Section, AIIMS- Second week of March 2012

5.Entrance Examination will be held on- 1st week of June 2012

For any other details you can CLICK HERE

So All the best. Apply before the last date so that everything goes fine. Good luck for your preparations.

Regards
#RJ#
9th December 2011, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

i will complete 16 years on 25th march 2012, am i eligible to give AIIMS entrance 2012 ?
12th December 2011, 05:58 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinas971642 View Post
RESPECTED SIR/MADAM
I HAVE PASSED 12TH BOARDS LAST YEAR FROM “NIOS” BOARD i.e. NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLING.I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER I AM ELIGIBLE FOR AIIMS ENTERANCE EXAM.IS “NIOS” BOARD IS VALID.IT IS A DISTANCE LEARING SCHOOL.

THANKING YOU
YOURS FAITHFULLY
ISHITA.
HI,
I am happy to inform you that you are not eligible for A.I.I.M.S exam after completing 12th from NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLING(N.I.O.S).

Eligibility Criteria for A.I.I.M.S:-
> Pass 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology minimum 60% marks from recognized university.

> Age should be above 17 year.

GOOD LUCK!
19th December 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

vikasjha39,do u mean wether he or she is eligible with nios for aiims or u mistyped
25th March 2012, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/Madam ,,, I want to know about the projects in the department of microbiology.
Thanking you.
Yours faithfully
NEESHU
14th May 2012, 05:24 PM

Cool Re: Am I eligible for AIIMS entrance exam?

I will complete 16 years on 25th august 2012, am i eligible to give AIIMS entrance 2012 ?
6th August 2012, 02:54 AM
Unregistered

i have done my 12th with pcm two years ago, now if i do biology from nios will i be eligible for aiims medical entrance examination ?
25th August 2012, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

can i take admission in any mbbs colleges or universities if i have passed my class 12th from nios board
26th September 2012, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

sir i complete my 12th from cbse with subject physics,chemistry,maths,eng,hindi and physical education in 2011 then i do 12th from u.p. board with single subject biology with practical in 2012. my question is that i am eligible for mbbs /bds entrance or not.
please solve my problem

thanks
26th September 2012, 07:25 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinas971642 View Post
RESPECTED SIR/MADAM

THANKING YOU
YOURS FAITHFULLY
ISHITA.
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for A.I.I.M.S exam after passing 12th from National Institute of Open Schooling(N.I.O.S).

ELIGIBILITY FOR A.I.I.M.S:-
> Pass 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology woth minimum 60% marks from recognized board.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 55% marks is require.
> The age should be above 17 year.
> Candidate must be citizen of India.

GOOD LUCK!
26th September 2012, 08:01 PM
surajm093

Smile Re: Am I eligible for AIIMS entrance exam?

The eligibility criteria for AIIMS is as follows:
Government of India has decided that the Academic Session in six New AIIMS at Bhopal, Patna, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Raipur and Bhubaneswar will start in August 2012. The proposal is for an intake of 50 students for each of the institutions. For the first academic session (2012-2013), selection for admission will be done through the same entrance examination through which candidates are selected for AIIMS New Delhi.

The current Eligibility Criteria for appearing in AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2012 and admission in AIIMS MBBS program are given here.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria For Indian Nationals

(Common to AIIMS NEW DELHI & SIX AIIMS LIKE INSTITUTIONS)

Age : He/She should have attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission. (Candidates born on or after 2nd January, 1996 are NOT eligible to apply.)

Education : He/She should have passed the 12 th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/ Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of a recognised University/Board of any Indian State with ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY.

Minimum Aggregate: He/She should have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in the case of General & OBC and 50% in case of SC/ST candidates in aggregate in ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY.

Note : All those candidates who have appeared or are appearing at the qualifying examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject and expect to pass the examination with required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply and appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination. However, their candidature will be considered only if they provide documentary evidence of having passed the qualifying examination with the required subjects and percentage of marks on or before the date as is stipulated.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria For Foreign Nationals

(For AIIMS NEW DELHI only)

Foreign candidate nominated by the Government of India are required to have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY in their Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination to be eligible for admission to the M.B.B.S. Course. Foreign candidates are NOT required to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria For Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)

(Common to AIIMS NEW DELHI & SIX AIIMS LIKE INSTITUTIONS)

OCI registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in this test and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals given in this Prospectus will be applicable to them. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 to be eligible to appear to this test.
GOOD LUCK
26th September 2012, 08:13 PM
sudha001

Hello ,
Yes you are eligible for AIIMS exam even you belong to NIOS board , but the criteria needed to be eligible for exam are as follows :

A candidates should have passed class 12th from a recognized state board, or government board with a minimum 60% aggregate.

2. A candidate should have studied Biology as a compulsory subject in 12th, along with any two of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.

3. He/She should have attained the age of 17 years.

So if your results of 12th board fulfill this category, and you satisfy the age criteria.. then surely you can apply for the AIIMS exam.

all the best
6th February 2014, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Is NIOS BOARD STUDENT GIVE AIIMS M.B.B.S ENTRANCE TEST 2014 IF HE GET 90% MARKS
25th May 2015, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

i have passed class 12 with 58 marks in phy, 57 marks in chem and 77 marks in bio.Am I eligible to sit for aiims entrance exam.
12th December 2016, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for AIIMS exam 2017 as appearing candidate of nios board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?