23rd April 2015, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in NEET to study MBBS in AIIMS?

Sir,
I want to apply for MBBS in AIIMS?
So, I have to give NEET or AIIMS
takes its own entrance exam?
Let me know about this asap.

24th April 2015, 07:19 AM
Sam James

Default Re: Should I have to appear in NEET to study MBBS in AIIMS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
You need to write AIIMS entrance test only for admission to AIIMS. But since there is high competition and very few vacancies you must try out maximum number of entrance examinations. If you get the creamy one grab it on.
24th April 2015, 09:20 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

AIIMS conducts an entrance exam every year at National level for the MBBS programme.

This is held for the admission of students in various reputed Medical colleges in India.

The MBBS degree awarded by them is considered as a medical qualification all over India.

The candidates qualifying this entrance test are eligible for admission in the top colleges in the country.

Exam Pattern of AIIMS MBBS Exam:

The question pattern of the exam will be like as follows;

> AIIMS entrance test is done in a single stage.

> The test will comprise of 200 questions of objective type. Each question carries 1 mark.

> The candidates have to choose right answer from the four options given for each question.

> The time allotted for exam is three and half hours.

> The questions will be either in English or Hindi. The candidates can choose the language from either of them before the exam.

> For each wrong answer there will be a penalty one third marks.
24th April 2015, 11:49 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and to pursue this course from India's best institute of Medical Science from the AIIMS . You have to appear in the entrance examination conducted by the AIIMS for its MBBS .

For this year the application date is closed for AIIMS and also the examination is on 1st June .

The eligibility criteria is candidates who have passed the +2 from a recognised board are eligible .
There is no limitations on number of attempts for it .
The examination paper contains questions of Physics ,Chemistry ,Biology and General knowledge . So students must have proper knowledge of current affairs also .
There is negative marking also .
The examination is conducted online based .

Through NEET you are eligible to get admission in other government medical colleges other than AIIMS .
24th April 2015, 12:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
AIIMS exam is not under NEET exam. AIIMS is conducted their own entrance exam.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for AIIMS exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidates this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years. No age relaxation provided for reserved category candidates.
24th April 2015, 02:46 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot get MBBS admission in AIIMS through NEET exam. To get MBBS admission in AIIMS, you have to appear for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam, which was conducted by AIIMS, every year. Following is the eligibility criteria, to appear for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam.

Eligibility Criteria:-
1. Candidate must have passed 12th standard with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
2. Candidates must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission.
3. Candidates must have completed their 12th standard with minimum 60% of marks(50% of marks in case of reserved category candidates).
24th April 2015, 04:36 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

To apply for MBBS in AIIMS you have to apply for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences conducts its own exam known as AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam.

You can't apply for MBBS in AIIMS through NEET.

AIIMS MBBS Eligibility :

Candidates must have completed 17 years of age on or before December 31, 2015.
Candidate must have passed 12th class or equivalent with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with minimum 60% marks.
10% relaxation is also provided to SC/ST Candidates.

Exam Pattern :

Number of questions per subject are provided below :

Physics : 60
Chemistry : 60
Biology (Zoology a& Botany) : 60
General Knowledge : 20
Total : 200

Examination is of 3.5 hours.
24th April 2015, 06:21 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Sciece is the best college for medical studies available in India .
AIIMS conducts AIIMS MBBS-Entrance examination yearly for admission in various courses at all seven related colleges in India.
This year AIIMS MBBS-Entrance examination will be held on 1st June 2015.

For admission in AIIMS ,students need to appear in AIIMS MBBS-Entrance examination.

NEET(Natoinal Eligibility cum Entrance Test) organised by CBSE every year for admission in MBBS and BDS courses in India.

There is always a tough compettition for admission in AIIMS,so, students should only not rely on AIIMS MBBS-Entrance Examination but must have to apply for other colleges.
It is sure that every students who applied for , are not going to be selected because of limited seats ,so, it become very necessary to apply for other colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?