18th May 2013, 05:24 PM
david.amr

Am I eligible for AMIE? I am studying in engineering

i m student of engineering, i want to give exam AMIE. Student of engineering is eligible for AMIE ? and it is possible to do AMIE and engineering study both parallel ??

1st August 2015, 12:00 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for AMIE? I am studying in engineering

Yes,you are eligible for AMIE after passing B.E. degree .

The full form for AMIE is Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers.

AMIE candidates are also eligible for the Engineering Service Examination. Those who have passed sections A and B of the examination of the Institution of Engineers India are eligible to apply for the Engineering Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

The eligibility for admission in AMIE are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years on 1st August of the year of Examination.

The notification of Examination is published in the month of January/February and the exam is conducted in the month of June/July.

The Examination is consists of
Paper I (Objective type)
General Ability Test
(Part A: General English)
(Part B: General Studies)

Papers II & III (Objective type)
Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering

Papers IV & V(Conventional Type)
Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?