11th April 2018, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if appeared in Maths exam from NIOS Board being a 12th PCB candidate?

Hi, I have completed my 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Biology from CBSE Board. I want to appear in JEE Main. So, I would like to know that if I give Maths exam from NIOS Board then I will be eligible to appear in JEE Main?

14th April 2018, 09:05 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if appeared in Maths exam from NIOS Board being a 12th PCB candidate?

No, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination after completion of your 12th standard PCB stream from a CBSE Board and by appearing in Mathematics subject from NIOS Board. To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you should have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board. So, being a 12th standard PCB stream student and by appearing in Mathematics subject from NIOS Board, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
15th April 2018, 12:48 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if appeared in Maths exam from NIOS Board being a 12th PCB candidate?

No, you will be not eligible to appear for Mathematics paper from NIOS board and appear for JEE.

JEE is conducted by CBSE and IIT. It is conducted for admission in B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch courses.

For more details visit at www.cbsen.nic.in.
15th April 2018, 10:29 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't appear for mathematics paper with NIOS board to appear for JEE.

JEE is conducted in two stages. Candidates passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper from a recognised board.

So, you have to pursue PCM with same board.
15th April 2018, 03:51 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and same a national level entrance examination held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree course across CFTIs and other private engineering colleges.

The minimum education required for appearing in JEE is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 75% marks ( or marks that makes you lie among the top 20 percentile candidates of your concerned board ) from a recognized board.

No, you are not eligible for appearing in JEE by just appearing in Mathematics paper as an additional paper from NIOS as for appearing in JEE you are required to have cleared your board examination with at least five subjects including PCM group subject.

For more details associated to JEE Main eligibility, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
15th April 2018, 04:35 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You can not become eligible for Joint Entrance Examination main by appearing for mathematics examination from National Institute of Open schooling.

Your 12th board result from CBSE will be taken into consideration for eligibility of JEE Main. There are three consecutive attempts for this exam.

If you have done 12th with all subjects then you can apply for JEE Main exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?