25th June 2015, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS?

Sir/Madam,
I am a NIOS student and studying in 12th standard.
I have taken Science and I want to give JEE Main exam.
Kindly let me know I am eligible to give JEE Main or not?
Waiting for your reply.

27th June 2015, 03:27 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS?

Yes, you are very much eligible to appear for JEE Main examination, if you do fulfil the below mentioned criteria. Kindly have a look.

Eligibility:

> You should have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate with Science in your 12th examination from a recognized board/University.

> You must have studied at least 5 subjects including Physics, Maths and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.

> Besides, you must have been born on or after October 1, 1990 to satisfy the age criteria.
27th June 2015, 08:53 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is recognized board. Therefore you are eligible for JEE Mains exam if you satisfy following eligibility criteria:

You should have passed 12th standard in 2014 or 2015 to apply JEE Mains exam.

Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1991 are eligible.

he number of attempts a candidate can appear for JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three).

Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in Class 12/ any other Qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main).
27th June 2015, 09:42 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear you are absolutely eligible to apply for JEE Mains with your qualification since you need to have 12th with required percentage of marks from the recognized University whether it is open or regular.

There is No problem in terms of mode but your college must be recognized one. And for JEE Mains you will have "3 Attempts only " .

Eligibility to apply for JEE Mains :

1.You must complete 10+2 with minimum 50% with MPC from the recognized University are eligible to apply for JEE Mains.

2.Age should be below 25 years for JEE Mains and there is a Age relaxation applicable for the reserved candidates about 5 years.

3. Year of passing for this exam is very important .

Only the candidates of 2014, 2015 are only eligible to appear for JEE Main's Examination and Final year candidates of 2015 also eligible to apply for JEE Main's. That's all about the Eligibility for JEE Main's.
27th June 2015, 10:36 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS?

Yes you are eligible for JEE(Joint Entrance Exam) mains conducted by CBSE Board because NIOS board is an recognized board by Government of India and all students who passed or appeared in 12th class from any recognized board can appear in the test but if you fails in 12th class then it will be canceled
You can appear only three times in the desired test
27th June 2015, 02:50 PM
krroshan.amar

Yes You Can was the motto of Barrack Obama in presidential election same is the answer of your question.

Also IIT-D official website itself states that "Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects." is a qualifying examination to appear in IIT-JEE.

NIOS board is no way inferior to other boards like CBSE/ICSE or any state Boards. The NIOS has the same rights and privilages as any other boards. The students passing from NIOS can appear in any Medical Entrance Examination, Engineering Entrance examination.
27th June 2015, 05:06 PM
reconnect

Yes, you can appear in JEE main if pursuing 12th NIOS. NIOS board is the recognized board of India.

A candidate should have passed 12th standard.

You should have Physics, Chemistry and maths as the Main subjects in the class 12th.

A candidate's Date of Birth should falls on or after October 01, 1991 are eligible.

The number of attempts to appear in JEE(Main) is three.
28th June 2015, 12:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,
I am a NIOS student and studying in 12th standard.
I have taken Science and I want to give JEE Main exam.
Kindly let me know I am eligible to give JEE Main or not?
Waiting for your reply.
Yes, you are eligible for JEE mains exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
3rd October 2015, 02:51 AM
Unregistered

Sir I fail in class 12 in 2015 and I wish to complete my 12 by nios held in month of october 2015 only in PCM and other marks are transferred then can I eligible for jee mains 2016
2nd July 2017, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

I am taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology and completing 12th CBSE. Now I want seat for JEE Main. Since i do not have math in CBSE, I am taking on demand math exam from NIOS. If i pass math with more than 50% am i eligible to take JEE?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?