29th September 2020, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for the NDA exam being a 15 years and 9 months old 10th student?

Respected Sir, I want to appear for the NDA exam but I can't because of my age limit. Currently I am in 10th standard and I am 15 years and 9 months old. So, I am eligible to appear for the NDA exam?

30th September 2020, 10:13 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for the NDA exam being a 15 years and 9 months old 10th student?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and to join the same, you are required to qualify NDA examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the basic qualifications required to apply for NDA examination are as below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board. Students pursuing final year of their Higher secondary school degree course are also eligible.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, being a student of Class 10th and under 16 years old, you are not eligible for appearing in the NDA examination at this stage as you do not satisfy both the minimum education criteria and age criteria for appearing in the same examination.

For complete details regarding the NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th September 2020, 01:31 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for the NDA exam being a 15 years and 9 months old 10th student?

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The required minimum educational qualification to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

So, you will become eligible to appear in the examination once you will get admission in std 12th. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th September 2020, 01:56 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear for NDA is pursuing or passed 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination now.

To get more information regarding the examination pattern and syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th September 2020, 03:01 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a student of Class 10th, you are not eligible for appearing in the NDA (National Defence Academy) examination and therefore to join NDA as the minimum education required to apply for the same examination is a Class 12th from a recognised board of education. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examinations are also allowed for appearing in the same examination.

Also, the age limit for appearing in the same examination is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

For detailed information and updates about NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th September 2020, 03:54 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear for NDA examination on the basis of your educational qualification as well as per age limit.

The required educational qualification is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you can appear in the examination when you will be in std 12th. Examination is conducted in two stages Written and SSB. You will have to qualify in both stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th September 2020, 08:39 PM
jeet2porwal

To be eligible for NDA examination your age should be 16.5 - 19.5 years.

You must have completed your 12th class with minimum score of 60%.

So, now you are not eligible for NDA examination.
30th September 2020, 09:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA/NA entrance examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year.

The eligibility criteria for NDA/NA examination:

>>Candidate must have done 12th from a recognized board. You must have selected subjects like Mathematics and Physics for Air Force and Navy.

>>The age limit is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

You can cannot apply for NDA/NA exam at age of 15 years and 9 months.
1st October 2020, 05:45 PM
Vaisiri

The minimum age to appear for NDA examination is 15.7years(not later than than January 2005), so as your age is 15.9years you can appear the examination.
6th October 2020, 01:04 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to appear for the NDA exam but I can't because of my age limit. Currently I am in 10th standard and I am 15 years and 9 months old. So, I am eligible to appear for the NDA exam?
No,until and unless one fits into eligibility criteria set by the organised body then you can't.
Same way age bar is also one of the criteria along with educational requirements and physical standards..
As per NDA terms,age of the aspirant should be 16.5 to 19 years,must be in 12th grade and must be medically sounds healthy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?