23rd June 2016, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in NDA entrance exam being 17 years old 10th student?

Sir/Mam,
Now I am studying in 10th standard. My age is 17 years old. Can I give NDA entrance exam now? Please let me know about this.

23rd June 2016, 05:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in NDA entrance exam being 17 years old 10th student?

No, you are not eligible to appear for NDA entrance examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is that the candidates must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from any recognised board. The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd June 2016, 06:15 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

To appear for NDA exam, you must have passed 10+2. So, at this time you are not eligible.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy. It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

UPSC conducts NDA exam twice a year with the name;NDA I and NDA II. The candidate needs to clear the entrance exam to join NDA.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam :-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate are eligible for the exam.

-The qualification required to join NDA is 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-There is no minimum percentage required to apply for NDA exam.

-The selection process involves

*Written Examination

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board

-Syllabus for the written exam :

* Maths - 300 marks

* General Ability Test - 600 marks .

The time duration for the written exam is 2 1/2 hours.
23rd June 2016, 07:02 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy

As per your age in 10th you are not eligible for NDA examination.Because the age required for NDA examination is 16-1/2 - 19 Years along with 12th class.

So if you do 12th then your age limit will be over for NDA examination.
23rd June 2016, 10:36 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are studying in 10th standard. Your age is 17 years old. You are interested to know whether you can give NDA exam at this stage. No you are not eligible for NDA exam now. The main reason is that you have not fulfilled the eligibility criteria for NDA exam. Following are the eligibility criteria for NDA exam.

Educational qualification: Candidates should Pass 12th Class of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination from recognized board. But you have not passed 12th standard. So you are not eligible to take the NDA exam now.

Selection Procedure: The selection Procedure consists of written exam, psychological aptitude test, intelligence and personal test and SSB interview.

**So in my opinion you have to firstly pass 12th standard and then apply for NDA exam. If you want to know about the exam pattern, syllabus of examination then you can go through the NDA notification in below attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA notification.pdf(1.37 MB, 17 views)
23rd June 2016, 11:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. Candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army/ Navy/ Air Force need to appear in NDA examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years of age.

3. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Army Wing :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.
--> For Air Force and Naval Wings :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a 10th standard student, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination. By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can appear in NDA examination after completion of your 12th standard from a recognised board.
23rd June 2016, 11:10 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot appear in NDA Entrance Examination being a 10th Class student. The basic eligibility criteria required is given below.

>> Candidates must have completed "12th Class" from a recognized university in 10+2 pattern.

>> For Army Wing of NDA:
* Candidates must have completed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern of school education

>> For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA:
* Candidates must have completed 12th Class with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized university.

I suggest you to pursue 12th Class, and you are eligible to apply for NDA only when your age is below 19 years.
24th June 2016, 01:07 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,
Now I am studying in 10th standard. My age is 17 years old. Can I give NDA entrance exam now? Please let me know about this.
Sorry that you are not eligible for NDA exam after completing 10th standard. You need to complete Intermediate course (10+2) to be eligible for NDA examination. Please, complete 12th standard to be eligible for NDA examination.

- The candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2000 are eligible.
24th June 2016, 07:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,
No, 10th standard candidates are not eligible for NDA exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
24th June 2016, 02:21 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

Sorry, it is not possible to appear for NDA examination with 10th standard qualification.
The aspirant has to study the 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics subjects to be eligible for NDA examinations. The aspirant should be unmarried male. The age limit is between 16.5 to 19.5 years. The aspirant should be fit physically. So you have to study 12th standard after that can appear for NDA examination. The NDA examinations are conducted by UPSC. The website link is Official Website
24th June 2016, 03:39 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

No, you can not appear in NDA exams. You can appear only after completing 10+2. Below I have mentioned criteria for that.

1. You should not be born earlier than 2nd July 1997 & not later than 1st July 2000.
2.You should be unmarried. You should not be get married while on training.
3.If you wish to join Army then must complete 10+2 from a recognised board.
4.If you wish to join Air Force or Navy then complete 10+2 in Maths & Physics from a recognised board.
5.if you are appearing in the 12th class then you can apply for the examination.

These are the eligibility criteria laid down to appear on NDA exam for this year.
24th June 2016, 06:29 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for NDA examination after completion of your 10th boards, as the minimum eligibility criteria in order to opt for NDA examination is that the candidate should have completed his 12th boards from a recognized boards and should be aged between 16.5-19.5 years.
24th June 2016, 09:38 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, students pursuing in 10th are not eligible to appear for NDA examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination. Candidates have to qualify in both stages of examination for final recruitment in defense service. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th June 2016, 11:13 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and for joining the same you will need to clear NDA entrance examination which is organised two times every year by UPSC and are known as NDA I ( held in April ) & NDA II ( held in September ). Also the same examinations comprises of two stages which involves Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

For appearing in the same examination, the minimum eligibility criteria required are as discussed below :-

* You must be an Indian unmarried male citizen.

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed at least your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board. For joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force your academics must include PCM group.

So being a Class 10th passed candidate only you are not eligible for appearing in the same examination as you does not satisfy the educational requirement for appearing in the same examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?