31st December 2016, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam after 10th being 15 years old? Eligibility criteria and selection requirement for it?

Hello sir, I am studying in 10th and I am of 16 years old. I want to apply for NDA exam. Please tell me am I eligible for it? Whole eligibility criteria and selection requirement for it?

31st December 2016, 04:00 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam after 10th being 15 years old? Eligibility criteria and selection requirement for it?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and examination conducted for recruitment in defence Services in Army, Navy and Air Force

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th or pursuing from a recognised board. The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

The stream for recruitment in Air Force and Navy is 12th with PCM.

Only male candidates are eligible and have to qualify in written and SSB stage for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st December 2016, 04:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam after 10th being 15 years old? Eligibility criteria and selection requirement for it?

NDA is National Defence Academy. The examination for this academy is held twice every year by UPSC and is called NDA I and NDA II. The minimum educational qualification required for this exam is 12th board passed. If a candidate is appearing for board exams then also, he can apply.

NDA exam age limit is 16.5 to 19.5 years. As per rules of NDA, only unmarried male India candidates can apply for this examination. You should first do 12th then only you will become eligible for this examination.
31st December 2016, 04:30 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you do not have sufficient qualification to appear for NDA examination.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and examination is conducted by UPSC in month of April and September/October every year.

The required educational qualification is 12th passed or pursuing in it. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you have to wait till your 12th std to appear for examination. But, you must start the preparation to qualify in examination.

The written examination contains two paper Mathematics and General Ability where candidates who qualifies in it are eligible for SSB interview.
31st December 2016, 04:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

National Defence Academy entrance exam eligibility criteria:

*You must have done 12th from a recognized board. 12th board appearing candidates can also apply.

*Age limit: 16.5-19.5 years.

You are not eligible for this examination after 10th. Selection is done on basis of performance in written test and SSB.
31st December 2016, 05:00 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination after completion of your 10th standard being a 15 years old candidate. The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NDA examination is completion of 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board.

You should be at least 16.5 years and not more than 19.5 years as on 1st January or July of the year of examination. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate, physically and mentally fit. Candidates who have qualified in written test will be called for further rounds like Physical Test, Document Verification, etc., and they will be taken into NDA.
31st December 2016, 05:24 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. You are not eligible for National Defence Academy examination after 10th standard at age of 15 years.

2. Minimum age required to apply for this exam: 16.5 years.

3. Minimum academic qualification: Higher Secondary that is 12th passed.

You can apply for this exam when you appear for your board exam.
31st December 2016, 06:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am studying in 10th and I am of 16 years old. I want to apply for NDA exam. Please tell me am I eligible for it? Whole eligibility criteria and selection requirement for it?
As per educational qualification and age criteria, you are not eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
31st December 2016, 06:07 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for NDA examination after completion of tenth standard at age of 15 years. The academic qualification for NDA exam is 12th from a recognized board. Suppose if you want to join Navy or Air Force, you must pursue 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

The age limit for candidates of all category is 16.5-19.5 years. You should first get admission in 11th standard in any recognized board and when you will appear for board exam of 12th then you will be eligible for NDA exam and at that time your age will be of 18 years. Final selection is done on basis of performance of a candidate in written test and SSB.
31st December 2016, 07:41 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you cannot appear for examination now. The examination is conducted in two stages as :-

Written.

SSB.

Candidates qualifying in written stage are eligible for SSB and after final selection in it eligible for recruitment in job. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st December 2016, 08:40 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

NDA Stands for National Defence Academy. This examination is examination is conducted by UPSC i.e Union Public Service Commission.

For NDA examination candidate should have passed 12th class from a recognized board. he minimum age of candidate is 16 and half years and maximum age of candidate is 19 years.

The selection of candidate will be done on the basis of performance in the Written Exam and in the Intelligence and Personality test.

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to apply for NDA exam after 10th being 15 years old.
1st January 2017, 12:54 PM
Sargeant
Member+

Admission in National Defence Academy is only been ensured on the bases of 10+2.NDA entrance exam is mainly in two phases 1] written test 2] Personality Test. Candidate who appearing on NDA exam should fulfill following criteria :

Educational Qualification : 12th or any equivalent exam with maths and physics for navy and air force. No percentage criteria.

Age Limit : 16 1/2 to 20 years.

Board: Union Public Service Commission.

Martial Status : Unmarried

Nationality: Indian.

Training Duration: Candidate who apply for NDA examination , after their name get short list must have to undergo 3 years rigorous training and one year in their respective academy (For army at IMA , For navy at naval academy , For air force at AFA Hyderabad .
So you can not take admission on basis of 10th , you have to pass out 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?