10th April 2012, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for UGC NET Exam in Lectureship with 54.94% of marks?

am i eligible with 54.94% marks to appear for ugc net lecturership entrance test

11th April 2012, 01:48 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for UGC NET Exam in Lectureship with 54.94% of marks?

You did not mention the category to which you belong. Infact, it is going to play a major role in your eligibility to UGC NET Exam.

In addition, you did not mention the academic qualification in which you have scored 54.99% of marks.

Hope this percentage of marks is in your Post Graduation course.

NET stands for Natiional Eligibility Test.

UGC NET Exam is being conducted by University Grants Commission for the
-award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
-eligibility into Lecturership.

Have a glance over the required eligibility criteria to appear for this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have scored a minimum of 55% of marks in Post Graduation course.
-Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST category and also for PH/VH candidates.
-Candidates who have appeared for the final exams of their Post Graduation course and waiting for the result can also apply for this exam.

Age criteria :
-There is no upper age limit at all required for the candidates for Lectureship.
-But, one should be in the age gorup of 19-28 years to be eligible for JRF.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of OBC, SC/ST category.

If you are a candidate from General or OBC category, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for this exam as 54.94% of marks will not be rounded off to 55% for this exam.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html
11th April 2012, 02:04 AM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for UGC NET Exam in Lectureship with 54.94% of marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
am i eligible with 54.94% marks to appear for ugc net lecturership entrance test

hi friend,

Educational Qualification :-

* should be scored a minimum of 55% of marks in Post Graduation course.

*Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of
SC/ST category and also for PH/VH candidates.

*Candidates who have appeared for the final exams of their Post Graduation course and waiting for the result can also apply for this exam.

Age criteria :-

*There is no upper age limit at all required for the candidates for Lectureship.

* should be in the age gorup of 19-28 years to be eligible for JRF.

*Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of OBC, SC/ST category.

If you are a candidate from General or OBC category, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for this exam as 54.94% of marks will not be rounded off to 55% for this exam.

11th April 2012, 07:22 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

You did not mention the
category to which you
belong. Infact, it is going
to play a major role in
your eligibility to UGC
NET Exam.
NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET exam being conducted by UGC.

This exam will be conducted for the award of junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lectureship.
One should have to score a min of 55% of marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Relaxation is there in percent of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st category.
Age limit:
There is no upper age limit for the candidate Lectureship.
But for JRF, one should be in the age group of 19-28 years.
For updates information visit the
http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
All the best.
11th April 2012, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

i am 40yrs of age and pursuing Ph.d in Environmental Sciences in Andhra University visakhapatnam ami eligible for appearing for UGC NET FOR LECTURER SHIP
PLEASE clarify my doubdt
11th April 2012, 11:02 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You did not mention to which category candidate you belong as with 54.94% you are not eligible for NET as a general Category candidate, but if you are from reserved candidate then you will be eligible to appear for NET.

NET stands for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST conducted by UGC fro selection of Lectureship and for award to JRF(Junior Research Fellowship). The NET exam is being held twice a year, one in June and other in December.

The candidate having Post Graduation Degree in any stream with at least 55% marks(For SC/ST candidate 50%) from a recognised University above the age of 19 years is eligible to apply for NET. There is no upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should not be more then 28 years of age.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugcnetonline.in
12th April 2012, 09:51 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
You should have a post
graduation or equivalent
degree with minimum 55%
aggregate marks and the final
year Students of post
graduation are also eligible to appear in NET exams.
Age -You must be between 19
–28 years of age (GENERAL
CANDIDATES ONLY) (Relaxation
upto 5 years for SC/ ST/ OBC/
PH/ VH categories and to women candidatesNET
(national eligibility test) is a
national level entrance exam
for the post graduate
candidates wants to persue
ph.d and want university level lecturer job.The exam is
conducted by the UGC
(UNIVERSITY GRANT
COMMISSION) twice in a year
generally in the month of june
and december. The natification for the june exam and
december exam is published
on the official website of ugc
generally in the month april
and september respectively.
All the best.
12th April 2012, 05:59 PM
vinaships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

To appear for NET you should be having a post graduate degree with minimum 55% marks.
12th April 2012, 06:44 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET exam being conducted by UGC.
This exam will be conducted for the award of junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lectureship.
One should have to score a min of 55% of marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.
Relaxation is there in percent of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st category.
Age limit:
there is no upper age limit for the candidate Lectureship.
But for JRF, one should be in the age group of 19-28 years.
For updated infoqmation visit the site
http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
all the best.
12th April 2012, 07:19 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

The NET exam is very restricted towards the eligibility criteria & even a small variation of percentages will not be considered for it.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

Academic Qualification :
-Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST category and also for PH/VH candidates.
-Candidates who have appeared for the final exams of their Post Graduation course and waiting for the result can also apply for this exam.

Age criteria :
-There is no upper age limit at all required for the candidates for Lectureship.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of OBC, SC/ST category.

As you have secured 54.94% of marks that is very near to 55% but still you are not able to appear for it.However if you are from a reserved category then you can apply for the same.
16th April 2012, 12:29 AM
param pita

Dear,In addition, you did not mention the academic qualification in which you have scored 54.99% of marks.

Hope this percentage of marks is in your Post Graduation course.

Have a glance over the required eligibility criteria to appear for this exam.

Academic Qualification :

Age criteria :

*Candidates who have appeared for the final exams of their Post Graduation course and waiting for the result can also apply for this exam.

*There is no upper age limit at all required for the candidates for Lectureship.

*Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of OBC, SC/ST category.
30th April 2012, 10:36 PM
sagar R.kachhadiya
Member+

18th June 2012, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

I am holding professinal degree of ICWAI (Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India). Am I eligible to appear for UGC Net exam ?
5th July 2012, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Am i elligible for Net exam with 51.8% in matric and 70% in Masters degree?
5th July 2012, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for ugc NET exam with 51.8% in matric and 70% in Masters degree in general category?
25th July 2012, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

I have done M.A English through Ignou with 439:800 having %age as 55% due to rounding off and the same %age(55) is written on marks certificate.Am I eligible for NET?
21st October 2013, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

when i apply for net ididnt click the age relaxation.but i have clicked as OBC. Actually im obc(non creamilayer).. can I pass with the non creamilayer marks(35,35,450..I have non creamilayer certificate..could i get the non cramilayer relaxation? is there any problem? pls help me..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?