6th October 2012, 09:58 PM
harish kanojia

Am I eligible to apply for CDS Exam being a candidate pursuing BBA course?

i am doing bba can i apply for CDS exam. and if yes tell me the detail for cds exam.....

7th October 2012, 08:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS Exam being a candidate pursuing BBA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish kanojia View Post
i am doing bba can i apply for CDS exam. and if yes tell me the detail for cds exam.....
CDS stands for Combined Defence Service . UPSC Conduct CDS Examination for twice in a year .

Yes , BBA Candidate are applicable for CDS Exam.Final year candidate also applicable for CDS Exam.

Educational Qualification:-
  • For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
  • For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.
  • For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age Criteria:-
  • Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
  • Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
  • Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
  • Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
Physical Criteria for CDS Exam:-

Best Books for CDS Exam:-

CDS Combined Defence Services Exam Solved Papers
by
GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Combind Defence Services: Solved Paper (Paperback)
by
Lal
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

I have attached the syllabus for CDS Exam so please check it out.

For more details about CDS exam and Application process , you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in

Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR CDS EXAM.pdf(167.8 KB, 70 views)
7th October 2012, 09:09 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS Exam being a candidate pursuing BBA course?

Yes, you can apply for CDS exam in the final year of your BBA studies as you are pursing under Graduate studies BBA(Bachelor of Business Administration).

CDS- COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE, the entrance exam is coducted twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II bY UPSC to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

As a student from BBA you can only apply for IMA and OTA of CDS fror whch you must be an unmarried Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years for IMA and 19 to 25 years for OTA with good Physical and Mental health.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th October 2012, 11:20 AM
violent viper

YES ,YOU ARE ELIGIBLE...

UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam Eligibility Criteria

Eligibility for the UPSC CDS Exam, also known as Combined Defence Services Examination, depends upon, which defence academy the candidate wants to appear for. All defence academies have different eligibility conditions for offering employment to the candidates.

Indian Military Academy (IMA)

Candidates desirous to appear for Indian Military Academy must have completed 19 years of age. Candidates of more than 24 years of age are not eligible.
In terms of education, candidates having a degree from a recognized university or equivalent are eligible to apply.

Naval Academy

Aspirants wishing to join Naval Academy must possess a Bachelor of Science (B Sc) degree with Physics & Mathematics or a Bachelor's degree in Engineering i.e. Bachelor of Engineering (BE).
Candidates must have completed 19 years of age at the time of applying for the academy. Candidates above 22 years are not eligible for the Naval Academy.

Air Force Academy

Candidates must have reached the age of 19 years and must not have crossed 23 years of age.
The job seeker must have either Bachelor of Science (B Sc) degree with Physics & Mathematics or a Bachelor's degree in Engineering i.e. Bachelor of Engineering (BE).

Officers' Training Academy (OTA)

Candidates must acquire a degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
The age bar for the candidates lies between 19 years to 25 years.

7th October 2012, 11:21 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

BBA is the Bachelor of Business administration.Since it is a bachelor degree,so you are eligible for the CDS examinations.

CDS stands for the Combined defence services.The examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.CDS for 2012 had been finished and the important date regarding CDS-2013 are:

CDS I

Date of notification:10/11/2012

Last date of receiving application:10/12/2012

Date of examiantion:17/02/2013

CDS II

Date of notification:25/05/2013

Last date of receiving application:24/06/2013

Date of examiantion:08/09/2013

Information regarding eligibility criteria:

1.Academic qualification:

>>For IMA and OTA : Bachelor's degree from a recognised university

>>For INA:Bachelor's degree in engineering with PCM in 10+2

2.Age limitations:

IMA : 19-24 years

OTA :19-25 years

IAF:19-23 years

INA:19-22 years.

3.Examination pattern:

4.Nationality:

>>You must be an Indian citizen.

5.Physical requirements:

For online application to this examination ,you can visit http://http://www.upsconline.nic.in/

Hope the information satisfies you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
7th October 2012, 01:10 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Conditions of eligibility

Age limits, sex and marital status

IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 1989 and not later than 01st July, 1994 only are eligible

Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 1991 (02nd July, 1989 in case of NCC Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate holders) and not later than 01st July, 1994 only are eligible

Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 1990 and not later than 01st July, 1994 only are eligible

Officer’s Training Academy (SSC course for Men): Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd July, 1988 and not later than 01st July, 1994 only are eligible

Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible

They should have been born not earlier than 02nd July, 1988 and not later than 01st July, 1994
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICTION

IMA, Officer’s Training Academy: Degree of a recognised University or equivalent

Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc (with Physics or Mathematics) for NCC entry

Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering

Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/ Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB

HERE WITH HAVE ATTACHED THE APPLICATION PROCEDURE,MAKE USE OF IT...

Attached Files
File Type: docx Application procedure for CDS.docx(17.6 KB, 60 views)
7th October 2012, 04:20 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

Well for the cse exam you will be eligible when you will complete your graduation or you can apply in the final year also as the final year candidates are also allowed for the exam and cds means common defence services exam.

In cds exam the department comes under is like the Indian Military Academy and the Indian Air force and department like Indian Naval and officer's training academy and you can go for all these department because all of them are coming under this single exam and first their will be a written exam in which objective type of questions will be given and than next would be the interview ..

Required Qualifications To Apply for the CDS Exam:

> The Candidate must be pass in the degree of graduation

> The Final year candidates also eligible for the exam

> The Candidate just need to be pass with passing marks

Age Limits :

> For the Indian Military Academy exam age required is 19-24

> For the Indian Naval 19-22

> For the Air force 19-23

> For the officer's training academy 19-25

Number of Attempts :

> Their is limitation on the attempts

Best of luck
7th October 2012, 08:35 PM
suraj391

YES, many exams conduced irrespective of graduation stream/percentage/mode of graduation.

few of them I am posted below do check them for yours

after your graduation:-

you can appear for the examinations

1.civil services examination (for IAS,IPS)

whose eligibility criteria are :
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ::
You must be a citizen ofIndia,

or, You must be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan,
or,You must be a Tibetan refugee settled permanently in India before 1962.

You must be of 21 to 30 years of age.
HOWEVER,there is a relaxation in the upper age limit,
of 3 years for the OBCs
and
5 years for the SC/STs.

You must have completed your Graduation or
Equivalent,from a recognized university under any
stream,or be a final year student in the same

The number of attempts is 4 for a General category student,
7 for an OBC candidate,and
unlimited for a SC/ST candidate,until he fulfills the age criteria

2. central police force (CPF) held once every year

whose eligibilty criteria are

1.university graduate of any stream
either in final year/passed out with 55% in graduation

2. age limit within 20-25 years relaxation in the upper age limit,
of 3 years for the OBCs
and
5 years for the SC/STs.

3.CDSE (for recruitments in three armed forces of indian union)

exam conducted bi-annually

in which age should be within 18-25 yrs.
& one must be university graduate from recognised university
1st December 2012, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for cds examination after compliting 12th science...........??
2nd December 2012, 05:00 PM
praveen upadhyay
Junior Member+

Yes, you can apply for CDS exam in the final year of your BBA studies as you are pursing under Graduate studies BBA(Bachelor of Business Administration).

CDS- COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE, the entrance exam is coducted twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II bY UPSC to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

As a student from BBA you can only apply for IMA and OTA of CDS fror whch you must be an unmarried Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years for IMA and 19 to 25 years for OTA with good Physical and Mental health.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.
31st January 2013, 04:30 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes Off Course being an BBA Candidate your eligible to apply for CDS Examination . So, Please Don't worry and Percentage of marks is not an issue to apply for this Examination .

:: Suggestion :::

Being an BBA Candidate your Only eligible for Army / Officer Training Academy .

Your Not eligible for Airforce and Navy Academy . Because Only science stream candidates are eligible to apply for Airforce and Navy Academy .

CDS means Combined Defence Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission .

This CDS Examination following defence wing namely, Indian Military Academy / Indian Naval Academy / Indian Air force Academy / Officer Training Academy

Eligibility Criteria for CDS Examination :-

For Indian Military Academy :-

-The Student should be completed Bachelor's degree in any desire Specialization from a recognized University .
-Final year Student may also eligible to apply for this Examination .
- The Student age level should be between 19 years and 24 years.
-The Student should be Unmarried Male canddiate .

For Officer Training Academy :-

-The Student should be completed Graduate degree Course in any desire subject from a recognized University
-Final year student may also Eligble to apply for this Examination .
-The Student age should be between 19 years to 25 years.
-Both the Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply for this Examination

So,If your interested in Army/Officer training academy than your eligible for CDS Entrance Examination ...

Books for CDS Examination :-

Popular Master Guide Cds by R. Gupta's
Publisher :- Ramesh Publishing House

CDS Previous Years Papers by Rph Editorial Board
Publisher :- Ramesh Publication

CDS Exam Guide by Rph Editorial Board
Publisher :- Ramesh Publication

Study Package For CDS by Atul Bhardwaj
Publisher :- Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Examination by Datason Rp
Publisher :- New Light Publishers
31st January 2013, 08:23 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
COMBINE DEFENCE SERVICES

I am happy to inform you that after passing B.B.A you are eligible for C.D.S exam.

C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.C.S twice in a year.

ELIGIBILITY FOR C.D.S:-
> Pass graduation with any stream from recognized university.
> Age should be in between 19-24 year.
> You Must be citizen of India.
> You must be medically fit.

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

IMPORTANT DATES FOR C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012
Date Of Notification:-25.05.2013
Last date of submission of form:-24.06.2013 (MONDAY)
Date of exam:-08.09.2013 (SUNDAY)

You can apply both online and offline.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
31st January 2013, 08:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible for CDS examination if you are BBA Graduate. But you will be only eligible for Indian Army.

You will not be eligible for Indian Air Force and Indian Navy. So be prepared for CDS examination if you want to join Indian Army through CDS examination.

CDS is a Combined Defence Services Examination for different Defence Academies of India. The age criteria for different Academies are mentioned below:

-Indian Air Force Academy - 19 to 23 years

-Indian Naval Academy - 19 to 22 years

-Indian Military Academy - 19 to 24 years

-Officers Training Academy - 19 to 25 years

As you are only eligible for Indian Army means you are only eligible for IMA and OTA.

The selection will depend on the performance in the following three stages :

-Objective Type Paper

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

If you are in merit list after above examination then you will be selected for the required academy.

Please note that who are declared unfit by medical board will be rejected . So be sure about your medical fitness then only apply for it.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st January 2013, 09:50 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Yeah sure , you are eligible to apply for CDS examination . So don't worry the qualification absolutely you are eligible to apply for CDS Examination .

Basic Education Qualification required for CDS Examination is that candidate need to completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification .

CDS Means Combined Defence Service Examination and conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year as CDS I and CDS II .

>> Indian Military Academy , Naval Academy , Air force Academy and Officer Training Academy .

>> Candidate must has completed degree with desire subject from a recognized University (No percentage bar )

>> Candidate must have attained the age of 19 years and must have not attained the age of 25 years for the CDS Examination .

>> Candidate who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for this examination .

The examination based on the areas are ::

>> General knowledge
>> English Language
>> Mathematics

Combined Defence Service Exam Pattern ::

>> Written Examination
>> Personal Interview
>> Physical Test
1st February 2013, 09:12 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

As you are pursing BBA after completion of which you are eligible to apply for CDS.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

As a candidate from BBA you can apply for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
22nd June 2013, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

i m a girlbeing a candidate of bba course can i eligible for cds exam
27th June 2013, 04:10 AM
Ankur.Sunny

CDS - Combined Defence Service
-------------------------------------------------
Yes, As you are doing BBA course you can join CDS. But you must be in the last year of BBA course to be eligible for it.

CDS has four wings :

Indian Military Academy(IMA)

Indian Naval Academy(INA)

Air Force Academy

Officers Training Academy(OTA)

To join CDS , you have to appear in CDS Exam which is organized by UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria of CDS:

For IMA-

You should be Graduate in any stream from recognized Institute.

Those appearing in final exam are also eligible to apply. Age should be in between 19 to 24 years.

You must have an Indian citizenship & should be unmarried, male & citizen of India.

For INA-

You should Graduate in Engineering OR in B.sc Course with Physics and Maths as a compulsory Subjects.

Those appearing in final exam are also eligible to apply. Age should be in between 19 to 22 years.

You must have an Indian citizenship & should be unmarried, male & citizen of India.

For AFA-

You should pass graduate Degree from recognized university with Physics and Mathematics at 12Th examination or Bachelor of Engineering.

Those appearing in final exam are also eligible to apply. Age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

For OTA-

You should Graduate in Engineering OR in B.sc Course with Physics and Maths as a compulsory Subjects.

Those appearing in final exam are also eligible to apply. Age should be in between 19 to 25 years.

You must have an Indian citizenship & should be Female & citizen of India.

Physical standard required for CDS:

> Vision Standards :

> Height weight :

For further detail visit UPSC official website:- http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th June 2013, 10:47 AM
Padmavathi.nallam
Member+

Hello Friend,

Yes , BBA Candidates are applicable for CDS Exam.

Educational Qualification:-
-->For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
-->For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.
-->For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age Criteria:-Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

Thank You.
27th June 2013, 12:52 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

If you want to apply for the CDS exams than you need to fulfill the below eligibity criteria:

Educational Qualifications:
Indian Airforce- Bachelors Degree pass in any stream and Physics and Mathematics as subjects in class 12th or BE/BTECH pass
Indian Navy - BE/BTECH pass
Indian Military Academy (IMA) - Bachelors Degree Pass in any Stream
Officers Training Academy (OTA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream

Age for applying to these exams are:
IMA- Minimum 19 years and Maximum 24 years
OTA Minimum 19 years and Maximum 25 years
Navy - Minimum 19 years and Maximum 22 years
Airforce - Minimum 19 years and Maximum 23 years

Next CDS exams will be held on 8th Sep 2013
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?