16th September 2012, 02:55 AM
aiya

How to become a Pilot? I am a mechanical engineering student

i m a mechanical engineering student,want to become a pilot.so please write the procedure.

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Loco Pilot after diploma in mechanical engineering? I have scored 74%
  2. Am I eligible to become a Pilot being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering?
  3. How can I become a fighter pilot? I am a last semester diploma mechanical engineering student
  4. Can I become a Pilot at Indian Air Force after completion of B.E Mechanical Engineering
  5. Is it possible to be a Pilot after completing Bachelor in Engineering? Procedure to become a Pilot? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. First there will be training and then job or job then training?
  7. How can I become a Pilot after doing diploma in mechanical engineering
  8. Am I eligible to become a Pilot after completing Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering? List of institutes which offer Pilot Training program?
  9. How to join Air Force as a Pilot? I am pursuing mechanical engineering in 3rd year
  10. How to become a Pilot after computer engineering(B.E)? -- [New]
  11. How to become Loco Pilot or Section Engineer in Indian Railways after studying in first year of Mechanical Engineering? Is there any special training required to become Loco Pilot? What is the scope for job in section engineering?
  12. Can I take admission in NIT if I am a student of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. What is the qualification for B.Tech Mechanical engineering student?
  14. How to do GATE in Automobile Engineering? I am a 3rd year student in Mechanical Engineering
  15. How to become a Pilot in Indian Airlines?
  16. What to do after completing 12th to become a pilot? I am currently a 12th passed student
  17. How to prepare to become a Pilot of Jet Airways?
  18. Which are the upcoming sectors in Mechanical Engineering?
24th February 2013, 05:01 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Pilot? I am a mechanical engineering student

hi,

there are two exam, you can apply

CDS - Combined Defence Service
AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test

To tell about the CDS Exam it is one of the defence service exam and is carried out by UPSC every year.Regarding the AFCAT exam it is classified as:
Ground Duty Branch
Flying Branch
Technical Branch
There has been certain eligibility criteria's framed for writing these exams respectively and you must satisfy them to apply for the respected exam for which you want to apply for.

Eligibility for CDS:

> The candidate applying for the CDS exam must be a citizen of India.

> Unmarried male candidate are only eligible to apply for the CDS Exam as the candidate should note.

> The age limit for joining in Indian Air Force is that you must have a age limit of 19-23 years.

> The education qualification for the CDS exam for joining in Indian Air force is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university.

> Candidate should seek that they are physically fit while appearing for the CDS Exam as it is a important physical standard.

Eligibility for AFCAT:

AFCAT is classified int o3 branches and you must satisfy the eligibility criteria for the respected branch in which you want to apply.

Ground Duty Branch:

The candidate must be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 20-27 years.

Candidate must have completed a degree in any discipline with 60% aggregate.

Flying Branch:

The candidate must be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 19-23 years

Candidate and must have completed a degree in B.E/B.Tech with 60% aggregate.

Technical Branch:

The candidate must be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 18-28 years

Candidate must have completed a degree in Aeronautical Engineering with 60% aggregate.

If you satisfy these criteria's then you can apply for the exam.

ALL THE BEST
10th December 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

SC CAST AGE LIMIT
30th January 2014, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

how many hight need for bacame pilot?
30th January 2014, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

how many hight need became a pilot?
30th March 2014, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

which things are necessary to be fit for a pilot means for example what should be the height,weight and many other physical things
4th July 2014, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

hii.. my name is krunal mistry and i am doing mechanical engineering in degree in gec,bharuch.. i have completed my second year just now..but i want to be a commercial pilot.. ready to do anything for that... but can you guide me plz wht should i do for that... plz plz plz..
25th May 2015, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

I am studying a 2nd year mechanical engineering.I want to become a pilot ,please guide me..
26th September 2016, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

How can a girl become a commercial pilot after completing BE mechanical engineering
2nd July 2017, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

I am mechanical engineer with a degree but through the way of diploma so can I pursue my dream of becoming pilot and if yes then what shall I do??
24th July 2018, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

I am studying BE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING. Is that possible to become pilot?
22nd August 2019, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

Can final year btech students apply for cds and afcat
1st September 2021, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

i am female last mechanical engg then i become a pilot after be mechanical engg please guide me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?