14th July 2013, 11:02 PM
sirejazuddin

Am i eligible to apply for IAS exam? I have done BSc IT from Sikkim Manipal University in distance learning mode

I did BSC(IT)from sikkim manipal university in Distance learning mode so i would like to ask to my expert ,Am i eligible to apply for the IAS exam or not?
if yes then tell me about optional papers?
and how many papers i have to prepare for this exam exactly.
I am waiting for your reply

Thanks and regards

MD EJAZUDDIN(9711941962)

17th July 2013, 09:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to apply for IAS exam? I have done BSc IT from Sikkim Manipal University in distance learning mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirejazuddin View Post
I did BSC(IT)from sikkim manipal university in Distance learning mode so i would like to ask to my expert ,Am i eligible to apply for the IAS exam or not?

Thanks and regards

MD EJAZUDDIN(9711941962)

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services .IAS exam is conducted by UPSC. This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

The candidates must have graduation degree from the recognized university are applicable for IAS Exam . Final year student who appeared in last year exam can also apply for UPSC prelims exam.

You have completed B.Sc in IT from sikkim manipal university in Distance learning mode so i think you are applicable for IAS exam because this institute is recognized by UGC .

Age criteria for IAS exam for general candidate is 21 to 30 years old.

Age relaxation is given below :-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

No of Attempts for IAS Exam :-

List of the General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit

Optional subjects for IAS exam:-

You can choose one optional papers from below given list and one paper is compulsory .There is no subject to related to IT department .

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

Mains subjects for IAS exam:-

Selection process of this exam are - Preliminary exam ,Mains exam and Personal Interview .

IAS Exam notification is already over for this year because Last date of Receipt of Application by post is 04.03.2013 .So you can wait for one year more .

For more details of IAS Exam , You can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

17th July 2013, 10:29 AM
saigourav0512
Member+

Default Re: Am i eligible to apply for IAS exam? I have done BSc IT from Sikkim Manipal University in distance learning mode

Hi friend....
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.The candidates must have graduation degree from the recognized university are applicable for IAS Exam . Final year student who appeared in last year exam can also apply for UPSC prelims exam, so you have completed B.Sc in IT from sikkim manipal university in Distance learning mode,you are applicable for IAS exam because this institute is recognized by UGC.

Age relaxation:
Age criteria for IAS exam for general candidate is 21 to 30 years old.

3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates

No of Attempts for IAS Exam :-

General – 4times
OBC – 7times
SC/ST – upto limited age.

Optional subjects:

You can choose one optional papers from below given list and one paper is compulsory There is no subject to related to IT department .

Selection process of this exam are - Preliminary exam & Mains exam,Interview .

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC. This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

For more details of IAS Exam , You can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

IAS Exam notification is already over for this year because Last date of Receipt of Application by post is 04.03.2013
17th July 2013, 03:58 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am i eligible to apply for IAS exam? I have done BSc IT from Sikkim Manipal University in distance learning mode

Quote:

Thanks and regards

MD EJAZUDDIN(9711941962)

Eligibility For IAS Exam

The examination which is conducted for selection to IAS is known as the Civil Services Exam conducted by a government body known as the Union Public Service Commission

The Civil Services Exam has 2 stages in the written exam and after clearing both the stages you will be called for the final interview round..

The first stage of the written exam is the CSAT which has 2 objective papers and has a common paper for all the applicants appearing for the exam that year..

The second stage would be the Mains exam for which you will qualify if and only if you manage to clear the preliminary exam (CSAT)

The Mains consist of 9 subjective papers including your optional graduation subjects as well as English..

I have attached the list of subjects from which you can select your desired subjects for the Mains..

The minimum requirements to appear for Civil Services are :

1) Your age must be within the range of 21 to 30 years..

> there is a 3 year age relaxation in the upper age limit for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST

2) Since you have completed your bachelor's degree from a recognized college hence educational qualification is satisfied..

3) General candidates can have a maximum of 4 attempts for this exam whereas OBC have 7 attempts..

For details and latest updates visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS Optional Subjects.docx(14.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 59 views)
17th July 2013, 06:04 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS,Civil Service Exam being a Graduate from Sikkim Manipal University through distance mode.

There is no specific criteria for application to Civil Service Exam for Graduation Degree holder to be completed through regular mode, one having Graduation through correspondence mode from a recognised University, is eligible to apply for the same.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to get through Civil Service Exam conducted every year by UPSC.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th July 2013, 06:24 PM
megayounus786

Quote:

Thanks and regards

MD EJAZUDDIN(9711941962)
You could eligible but you have to write IAS exam which is held by upsc

You need to see the notification and there you could find the date of exam and then you could write as well!
17th July 2013, 07:11 PM
whiteblossom

Though you have done B.Sc IT through distance learning , you can apply for IAS becouse the Sikkim Manipal University is recognised by UGC

The IAS exam is conducted by UPSC . the minimum educational qualification for this exam is graduation .

Age limit

1) 21 to 30 for general

2) 3 years relaxation for OBC

3)5 years relaxation for Sc/ST category

There is also limitation for the number of attempts

1)4 attempts for general

2)7 for OBC

3) infinite

So good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?