2nd April 2013, 12:11 AM
chand70

Am I eligible to apply for IES after completing B.Tech 3rd year?

Sir,I am completing my b.tech 3rd year eee by the end of this month(april,2013)..my age is 21 yrs by mar,2013...am i eligible to apply for IES 2013? plz giv reply...

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course? What will be the salary offered for an IES Officer?
  2. Can I apply for PSU entrance exam and IES after completing B.Tech? -- [New]
  3. Can IES exam be given in 3rd year or final year? Books to be referred?
  4. Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  5. Eligibility of IT (B.Tech.) students for IES exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible for IES if I am a ECE 3rd year student?
  7. Am I eligible for IES exam after completing B.Tech with 56%
  8. IES exam for B.Tech 3rd year student?
  9. Am I eligible for internship program? How to apply? I'm a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student with an aggregate of 81% marks
  10. How can I get job after completing my B.Tech, I have scored 7.2 CGPA upto 3rd year?
  11. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.Tech mechanical with 66.06%?
  12. Can a computer science graduate apply for JTO exam and IES exam?
  13. How can I apply for Engineering Services while in 3rd year? If I have a weak eyesight am I eligible for it?
  14. Exams after B.E. in mechanical engineering? Can I appear for IES?
  15. What kind of government jobs I can get after completing B.Tech with 70% marks and without any backlog?
  16. Can I apply for government job after completing B.Tech with 60%
  17. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  18. For which Government Jobs I am eligible to apply being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of ECE course?
2nd April 2013, 08:52 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IES after completing B.Tech 3rd year?

IES - Indian Engineering Service, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC once every year for appointment of young Engineers in the top Technical post under various Central Govt. Dept.

You will not be eligible to apply for IES after completing 3rd year but during the final year B.Tech. you can apply for the same.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream preferably from Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, can apply for IES.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd April 2013, 09:24 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IES - Indian Engineering Service, only Graduate B.Tech. Engineers are eligible to apply for IES, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC once every year for top technical position under various Central Govt. Department.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, can apply for IES.

Hence in order to apply for IES you should have completed B.Tech. Degree and the candidate has to write IES from any one of the following stream:-

-Civil
-Electrical
-Mechanical
-Electronics & Telecommunication

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd April 2013, 09:46 AM
M.PRUDHVI RAJ
Member+

Hai Friend,

No, 3rd year students are not Eligible to write the IES exam.

Only the Final year and B.tech completed students are eligible to write the IES exam.

Anyhow, you start your preparation from now itself so that you can complete the whole syllabus and be ready for the exam in the next year.

All the Best.
3rd April 2013, 10:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by chand70 View Post
Sir,I am completing my b.tech 3rd year eee by the end of this month(april,2013)..my age is 21 yrs by mar,2013...am i eligible to apply for IES 2013? plz giv reply...

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Services Examination .IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.IES examination is generally conducted in the month of June in every year.

If you have completed engineering degree from below given department then you are eligible for attend to IES Exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering

You have completed B-TECH in EEE stream so you are applicable for IES exam .

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

SC/ST ==> 5 years .
OBC ==> 3 years .
PWD ==> 10 years .
Ex-Servicemen ==> 5 years .

Your age now 21 years old so you have crossed the minimum age criteria.So you are applicable for IES exam as per age criteria .

The Pattern for IES exam :-

3rd April 2013, 02:31 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Chand,

The acronym for IES is Indian Engineering Services.

Yes, you are eligible for IES examination.

IES examination is conducted UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year in the month of June.

The eligibility criteria required for IES examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of B.Tech/B.E. in following these disciplines from any accredited college or university:-

1. Civil Engineering.
2. Mechanical Engineering.
3. Electrical Engineering.
4. Electronics & Communication Engineering.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC, 5 yrs for SC/ST and Ex- Servicemen and 10 yrs for PWD contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

IES examination pattern:-

IES examination syllabus:-

4th April 2013, 02:43 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to apply for IES after completing B.Tech 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chand70 View Post

Dear Friend,

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Services

yes , off course you are eligible for Indian Engineering Services exam after completing B-Tech EEE stream......

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.....

If you have completed engineering degree from given department then you are eligible for Indian Engineering Services exam....

~~ Mechanical Engineering.
~~ Electrical Engineering.
~~ Civil Engineering.
~~ Electronics & Communication Engineering.

Age should be Between 21 to 30 years.....

Relaxation on Upper Age:

For OBC category : up to 33 years....

For SC/ST category : up to 35 years...

For PH : up to 40 years...

Exam pattern :-

All the best......
4th April 2013, 04:16 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

No, graduates having completed engineering degree are only eligible for IES. Final year students are also eligible to apply. So you can attempt for the next time in 2014. Till the time, you can prepare. General aptitude, general studies and subject based questions will be asked for the test.
4th April 2013, 08:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all you must be in final year or completed your Engineering then only you will be eligible to apply for IES Examination.

So it is clear that you can't apply for it if you are in 3rd year of Engineering Graduation.

Hence you can concentrate on your preparation for this examination and apply for it when you are in final year.

Please note one point that only few Engineering disciplines are eligible to apply for this examination which are mentioned below:

-Mechanical Engineering

-Electrical Engineering

-Civil Engineering

-Electronics and Communication Engineering

The age required for IES exam is 21 to 30 years for General Category candidates.

SC/ST category candidates get 5 years age relaxation and OBC category candidates get 3 years of age relaxation.

The examination will have written examination and personal interview.

The paper will have questions from your engineering disciplines means you must have very good knowledge of your subjects.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th May 2013, 01:51 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

The Eligibility Criteria for IES Exam are :

a) You must have completed your B.E./B.Tech in any one of the below mentioned disciplines from any recognized college/university :

- Civil Engineering

- Mechanical Engineering

- Electronics & Electrical Engineering

- Electronics & Communication Engineering

b) Your age should lie in between 21-30 years.

c) Relaxation in age is given to Reserved Category Candidates.

d) Number Of attempts -

* For General Candidates : 4

* For OBC Candidates : 7

* For SC/ST Candidates : 9
25th June 2013, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a btech 4rt year 1st sem student in ece. i want to know the exams which the b.tech 3rd year completed students are eligible for?
28th July 2013, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a btech 3rd tear student is Der any entrance exams for government jobs while pursuing my 3rd year of b tech plsss inform me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?