27th November 2011, 02:25 PM
ashish005bajpai

Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?

I AM STUDENT OF BTECH 3rd YEAR WITH BRANCH ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTION. CAN I APPLY FOR IES AND UPSC EXAM WITH THIS BRANCH? IF NOT THAN WHAT WILL I DO?

Related Questions:
  1. Can electronics and instrumentation branch students apply for IES serve? What are the other options available for UPSC exam?
  2. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering? -- [New]
  3. What should be the preparation for IES besides college studies? Is it better to start preparing in 2nd year or should I do it from 3rd year onwards?
  4. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  5. Can a person pursuing B.Tech in instrumentation and control engineering branch apply for IES?
  6. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing BE in Instrumentation Technology?
  7. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  8. List of the electronic companies in Bangalore? I am a 3rd year B.Tech electronics and instrumentation student
  9. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What should I do to prepare for IES with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  11. Can a B.Tech ECE student apply for IES exam? Should I apply online or offline for the exam?
  12. Am I eligible for JTO exam after passing B.Tech with Applied Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  13. In which company should I apply for internship after passing engineering from electronics and instrumentation
  14. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  15. Which branch is better for GATE, either EC branch or EI branch? I'm a student in NIT(Rourkela) in 3rd year with 9.46 CG
  16. Can I give IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in Electronics?
  17. Preparation of upsc for IES
  18. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
28th November 2011, 02:39 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Default Re: Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?

you can attend IES and UPSC examinations with E&I branch but you should have a degree in your hands.
now you can give an attempt but if you succeed and want to jointhen you need to have a graduation certificate with you.
28th November 2011, 07:26 PM
ashish005bajpai

Default Re: Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?

but in IES exam only four branchea can apply and no option of e&i .than form which branch i can apply?
29th November 2011, 08:06 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?

Yes you can apply for IES.

IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

so there is no percentage is required only pass out of final student are enough..
29th November 2011, 09:15 AM
yash121

yes u can apply for IES... as they just ask engineering degree with completion certificate rather than particular specialization itself.....
29th November 2011, 09:22 AM
tejesh_09

IES- INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES you can apply for this exam conducted by UPSC after having a degree in engineering though final year engineering student can apply for this exam.
29th November 2011, 10:15 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
After pass your B.TECH 3rd year then you are not eligible for IES exam
because you are not a graduate engineer.
after complete your 4th years then you are eligible for give exam.

Criteria for IES:-

*Candidate pass engineering
4 branches are allow for give exam like:-

Electrical branch
Electronics branch
Civil branch
Mechanical branch

Then you are eligible for give IES exam.

For UPSC exam you give after graduation.

Good Luck..............
29th November 2011, 11:35 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Now you are not eligible for IES exam,because you are in pre-final year.To appear for IES exam,you should fulfill with below mentioned criteria.

You should have complete minimum graduation degree in Engineering from any one stream mentioned below.
>>Mechanical Engineering
>>Civil Engineering
>>Electrical Engineering
>>Electronic and Communication Engineering
You can also apply for this exam,if you are in final year of above mentioned course.
Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

So you can appear for IES exam from next year.This exam notification will release in the month of January every year and exam will held in the month of June every year.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 85 views)
29th November 2011, 01:33 PM
brijesh2970

Post Re: Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish005bajpai View Post
I AM STUDENT OF BTECH 3rd YEAR WITH BRANCH ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTION. CAN I APPLY FOR IES AND UPSC EXAM WITH THIS BRANCH? IF NOT THAN WHAT WILL I DO?
Brief About IES (Indian Engineering Services)

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Services Examination and this examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year, And for this year examination was already completed.

For Engineering Services Exam

Eligibility:-
=> Only Final year Or passed out Students from Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics & telecommunication branches are Eligible.
=> Being a Computer Science Student Sorry to say but you can't write Engineering Services Exam.

IES 2012 Important Dates-
=> Notification Dates - 25/Feb/2012

=> Last date of apply for IES Examination - 26/March/2012

=> Examination Date - 15/June/2012

Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online OR Offline. Candidates may also Obtained the application form Directly form the Post Offices In India.

So, Please wait for the Notification and then apply for the UPSC IES Examination in 2012.

And For complete Information please check the UPSC Official website -
http://upsc.gov.in

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IES Syllabus

=> have attached the Syllabus for IES Exam.Please have a look.

Thank You!

Good Luck!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES_Engg.pdf(143.4 KB, 83 views)
29th November 2011, 06:35 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To appear in UPSC exams you must be either in final year of graduation or pass out candidate.

IES exam is conducted by UPSC every year..

Eligibility for IES exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field or must be in final year of graduation.

2.Candidate have to write the exam in the syllabus of any of these four streams :-
Electronics/electrical/mechanical/civil.

3.Age should be in between 21-30 years .. For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

4.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

You have to fulfill all these eligibility criteria.

After completion of 3rd year when you will be in 4th year of B.tech course then you can apply for IES exam or any other UPSC exam.

All the best.
1st December 2011, 01:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish005bajpai View Post

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for IES and UPSC exam.Because you are now in 3rd year student.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IES EXAM

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Number of attempts for IES exam is

For general student it is 4.

And for OBC it is 7 times.

And for SC/ST it is 9 time

If you are from different departments then also you are eligible but you should take one of the above departments as exam.

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in
2nd January 2012, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

I AM STUDENT OF BE 4TH YEAR WITH BRANCH ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION. CAN I APPLY FOR UPSC EXAM WITH THIS BRANCH? IF NOT THAN WHAT WILL I DO?
11th January 2012, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for ies as an electronics engg student.
1st March 2012, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

can any one send the application link of engineering services
11th October 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

can you give me last 10 years civil engineering ies papers
12th October 2012, 11:46 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Sorry dear ,being a third year student of bachelor's degree ,you are not eligible for the IES that is Indian engineering services that is conducted by Union public service commission.

IF you have completed you bachelor's degree in engineering /technology or you are in final year then only you are eligible for the examinations.

The other requirements for this examinations.

1.You have to select your subjects from the given trades only:

~~Civil engineering

~~Mechanical engineering

~~Electrical engineering

~~Electronics and telecommunication engineering
2.Age limitations:

It is similar to civil services and is :

General : 21-30 years

OBC: 21-33 years

SC/ST :21-35 years
3.You should be an Indian citizen

Information regarding no of attempts:

General:4

OBC:7

SC/ST:no limit

Examination pattern:

For further any information you can visit www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?