14th June 2014, 05:00 PM
kukkav

Can I apply for PSU entrance exam and IES after completing B.Tech?

I have completed btech. in 6 year can i apply for psu examination& ies?

27th May 2015, 01:30 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PSU entrance exam and IES after completing B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkav View Post
I have completed btech. in 6 year can i apply for psu examination& ies?

Yes, you are definitely eligible to sit for the IES examination after completing your B.Tech. But, as you have mentioned that you have completed your 4 years B.Tech course in 6 years then, I am get little bit worry about your PSU choice.

Because, most of the PSU's (Public Sector Unit) minimum percentages requirement are between 60 to 65% without any backlog. And here I think you have detained for two years so, it is not possible for you to attend any PSU interview.

But, you can surely apply for IES exam. IES stands for the Indian Engineering Service. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

Any candidates who have completed their B.E./B.Tech or appearing for the final year of engineering can apply for it.

Age of candidates should be between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation are applicable in case of reserved category on upper age.

Exam consist three stage of written paper:
  • General Aptitude Test
  • Objective paper (2 papers)
  • Conventional papers (2 papers)
28th December 2016, 04:38 PM
Sargeant
Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for PSU entrance exam and IES after completing B.Tech?

Sure friend, after completing graduation students run for various types of exam like GATE, UPSC, SCC,etc. Students willing to join PSU 's like you should must give GATE examination because PSU'sand private sector companies in india gives prefernce to those examination these days.

Other criteria to join PSU's should have to be fullfill listed below:::

Educational Qualification;- Various PSU's set different bars of total aggregate of candidate but still if you manage to secure 60%-65% consider yourself in safe zone.

Age;- Age limit also various and depend upon companies policies. You will come to know at the time when you going to apply for one where they clearly mentions such things.

As far IES concern , it is Indian Engineering Services .

It is for class-1 officers in various government firm on engineering posts.
Age Limit: minimum is 21 years and Max. 30 years on January, on the examination year.

Candidate should posses a degree in Engineering from a university incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India .

This exam is held by UPSC to recruitment to INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES every year.
So, you are good to go and least try any one of them and focus on it completely.

Thank You.
Best Wishes !!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?