28th November 2017, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for TNPSC exam while doing B.E. Mechanical engineering?

Am I eligible to apply for TNPSC exam while doing B.E Mechanical engineering? Can I apply for the exam or not? Can you please give me the right information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me soon as possible. Thanks!

29th November 2017, 08:41 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for TNPSC exam while doing B.E. Mechanical engineering?

The full form of TNPSC is Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.

1. You must be a graduate or studying in final year of bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering to become eligible for TNPSC exam.

2. The age criteria for exam is 21-30 years. OBC candidates get three years age relaxation and SC/ST -five years.

If you are pursuing final year of bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering then only you can apply for TNPSC exam.
29th November 2017, 12:09 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for TNPSC exam while doing B.E. Mechanical engineering?

TNPSC examination is conducted for recruitment of officers in the state. The required qualification to appear in examination is that :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree or pursuing in final year from a recognised university.

So, if you are pursuing in final year ( 4th year ) then you are eligible to appear in examination.

The age limit to appear in TNPSC examination is 21-35 years with relaxation in age limit for reserved category.
29th November 2017, 12:31 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Assuming you are asking for eligibility criteria of Group I examination of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, it is given as below:

Academic qualification:

Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Aspirants pursuing final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for TNPSC exam.

You will be eligible for TNPSC examination in final year of Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering.

Age criteria: 21-35 years.
29th November 2017, 01:23 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

TNPSC refers to Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission and same examination is held for recruitment of administrative officers.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in TNPSC examination being a student of B.Tech with Mechanical engineering then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible if your have completed your degree or pursuing the final year of same from a recognized university as the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in any PSC examination is a bachelor degree course from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree are also eligible.

For more details regarding TNPSC examination you can refer to the link www.tnpsc.gov.in .
29th November 2017, 05:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear in examination only if you are pursuing in the final year.

TNPSC examination is conducted every year for recruitment of officers in the Tamil Nadu.

The required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Final year candidates are also eligible to appear in examination.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-35 years.

The examination is conducted in three stages and you have to appear and qualify in all stages for final recruitment.

So, if you do not have sufficient qualification you can start preparation for examination according to syllabus.
29th November 2017, 07:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission examination if you are studying in final year of Mechanical engineering. Candidates who have done bachelor's degree or studying final year of Mechanical Engineering.

The age criteria for general category candidates is 21-30 years. There will three years upper age relaxation to OBC candidates and five years to SC/ST candidates.
29th November 2017, 11:31 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for TNPSC exam while pursuing B.E. Mechanical Engineering only if you are in final year of your graduation.

In case, if you are in 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of your graduation, you cannot appear for TNPSC exam.

If you are in final year or have passed B.E., then only you can appear for TNPSC Exam.
29th November 2017, 11:42 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for TNPSC examination while doing B.E Mechanical Engineering course. To be eligible to apply for TNPSC examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. The age criteria required to apply for TNPSC examination is 18 years to 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. So, you have to complete your Bachelor's degree course from a Government recognised university to be eligible to apply for TNPSC examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?