12th July 2015, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Mechanical engineering with my subject of interest in NITs or IITs?

I have done my B.Tech in mechanical engineering.currently I am studying M.tech in Thermal engineering , is about to complete within may 2014.
I want to do phd from higher educational institutes in India like IIT or NIT.
But when I go through most of their advertisements about phd I found that they advertise about mechanical engineering, no doubt in the mechanical engineering advertisements contain my subject of interest.

Is I am eligible for apply for phd in mechanical engineering with my subject of interest in Nits or IIts.

please show me the right path

13th July 2015, 01:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Mechanical engineering with my subject of interest in NITs or IITs?

Yes, you are eligible to do Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering from IIT and NIT but you must have valid GATE score card.

Also you have fulfill below given criteria.

The educational qualification required for Ph.D course is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for Ph.D exam.Your age should be below 28 years.
14th July 2015, 10:09 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Mechanical engineering with my subject of interest in NITs or IITs?

Yes you are eligible for the course of PhD in Mechanical Engineering.
You need to clear the UGC-NET Examination to be eligible for the course of PhD in Mechanical Engineering with Scholarship.
You need to have 55% marks in your Masters Degree to be eligible for the Course of PhD in Mechanical Engineering.
Once you have cracked the NET Examination you need to crack a Personal Interview and after that you can get admitted to the course of PhD in Mechanical Engineering in NIT or IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?