28th September 2017, 02:14 PM
barun100

Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after 32 years of age?

I will complete 32yrs in January 2018 and belong to general category, but I like to appear in UPSC civil services exam is there any option open? Can you please provide me with the complete information on this? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!

29th September 2017, 08:05 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam after 32 years of age?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

The age limit is calculated on 1st August of year of exam. Since you will complete your age of 32 years in January, 2018, it means you will be over age for exam on 1st August.

There is no upper age relaxation for General category candidates.
29th September 2017, 08:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination every year for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The age limit to appear in examination is candidate must be between 21-32 years as on 1st August of year of appearing for examination.

Being a general category candidates you cannot appear in examination in 2018.

Now, no option is available for you to appear in examination. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th September 2017, 08:58 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by barun100 View Post
I will complete 32yrs in January 2018 and belong to general category, but I like to appear in UPSC civil services exam is there any option open? Can you please provide me with the complete information on this? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thanks!

Sorry, to inform you that as general category candidate you are not eligible to apply for UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) civil services exam after age of 32 years, because age limit to apply for UPSC civil service exam for general category candidate is 21 to 32 years, Relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit for SC/ST category candidate, Relaxation of 3 years for OBC category candidates.

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for UPSC civil services exam is bachelors degree form government recognized institute.

>> For UPSC civil services exam applicant must be Indian citizen.

>> For more details please visit www.upsc.gov.in.
29th September 2017, 09:10 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required to appear in UPSC exam is 21 years and maximum should not exceed 30 years we are as relaxation in upper age limit is provided to reserved category students but yes you belong to general category so you are not eligible to appear for UPSC exam at the age of 32 years.
29th September 2017, 09:11 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You belonging general category then you are not eligible for UPSC exam.

There is minimum age limit:-

For general category 21 to 30 years

For OBC category 21 to 33 years

For SC / ST category 21 to 35 years

Ex-servicemen + 5 year physical handicapped + 10 years .

So you cannot apply because you are over age.
29th September 2017, 09:42 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to apply for UPSC exam at the age of 32 years because a candidate must have completed the age of 30 when he or she has to appear in UPSC exam. As you belong to general category so you are not eligible to apply for UPSC exam at the age of 32 years.
29th September 2017, 09:55 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years as on 01st August of year of appearing for examination. There is relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in all three stages for final recruitment.

To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th September 2017, 10:24 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for UPSC examination after completion of 32 years of age. The maximum age limit required to apply for UPSC examination for general category candidates is 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable only to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
29th September 2017, 11:32 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. The age limit for Union Public Service Commission is calculated on 01st August of year of examination. The minimum age limit is 21 years and upper age limit is 32 years.

2. You will not be eligible for Civil Services exam at age of 32 years which you will attain in January, 2018.
29th September 2017, 11:49 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to apply for Union Public Service Commission recruitment examination with 32 years of age. There is a certain age criteria required to be eligible.

>> The minimum age required for appearing in UPSC recruitment Exam is 21 years

>> Maximum age must not exceed 32 years for General category candidates

>> Age criteria is generally concerned on August 1st year of the examination.

>> As you will attain the age of 32 years in January 2018, you may not be eligible for upcoming UPSC recruitment.
29th September 2017, 11:50 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services 2018 as you will be exceeding 32 years in January 2018.

Age of the candidate will be counted as on 1st August of the year in which you are appearing for the exam.

Since, exam will be conducted after January 2018, so you will not be eligible for appearing in Civil Services Exam 2018.

Your age will be more than 32 years on 1st of August, 2018.
30th September 2017, 12:33 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for UPSC Civil Service examination as you have crossed the maximum age limit to appear in examination.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years as on 01st August 2018 ( for appearing in 2018 ) for general category.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th September 2017, 06:25 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is held by UPSC once every year for recruitment of administration officer.

As you have mentioned that your age will be 32 years by the January 2018 and you belong to open category as well so you are not eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination next year as the age limit for appearing in Civil Services examination is 21 years to 32 years for open category candidates.

Further the only possible way in which a candidate ageing over 32 years can appear in Civil Services examination is that the candidate belong to reserve category.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in .
30th September 2017, 03:15 PM
sapphire1

UPSC is a union which conducts several exams for different posts. It conducts exam in twice a year.

Age limit for UPSC:

General: 21 to 32 years
SC/ST: 21 to 35 years
OBC: 21 to 33 years

As you are overage then you are not eligible to apply for UPSC exams.
24th November 2017, 11:11 PM
nishanth60

#Age limit to apply for UPSC civil services examination is 21-32 years for General category candidates & 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates,5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.And the age is calculated at August 1st of notification year.
#So,being general category candidate,you are not eligible to apply for UPSC examination.
#And the minimum educational qualification required to apply for UPSC civil services examination is Graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university.
#For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?