7th June 2015, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required to apply for UPSC exam

what is the minimum percentage required so that i can apply for UPSC exams..????

Related Questions:
  1. Minimum percentage required in M.Com to apply for UPSC exam if completed B.Com with 40% marks?
  2. Minimum percentage required for UPSC/IES exam?
  3. Minimum disability percentage(Ortho) required to get benefit in Civil Services UPSC exam? How many students apply in Handicapped Quota and how many gets selected?
  4. Minimum percentage required to apply for CSAT entrance exam?
  5. Can BSc IT students apply for CBI jobs? Minimum percentage required to be eligible?
  6. Am i eligible for UPSC exam after my graduation? Minimum percentage required?
  7. How can I apply for UPSC exam being a F.Y.B.Com student? Percentage required to apply?
  8. How to become a CID Inspector? Minimum percentage required, qualifying marks, books and syllabus for it?
  9. Percentage required in Graduation for getting admission in IB? Minimum age limit, height and weight required to apply for the exam?
  10. Percentage required to sit for UPSC exam?
  11. How to apply for MAT exam? Minimum percentage required to apply?
  12. Minimum percentage required to appear in UPSC and what is the other criteria?
  13. Can I get admission for B.Ed after completing B.Com with 44% marks?
  14. Minimum percentage required in 12th and BBA to apply for IBPS exam? Detailed procedure of payment and documents required to apply?
  15. Percentage required in commerce stream to sit for UPSC exams?
  16. list of MAT colleges? any chance to get admission in top colleges with 82 percentile? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Minimum percentage required in B.Tech Supplementary to apply for CDS exam?
  18. Minimum percentage required in graduation(BSc) for giving UPSC and SSC exam?
8th June 2015, 09:11 AM
2010ae07biv
Member+

Default Re: Minimum percentage required to apply for UPSC exam

UPSC conducts various exam every year such as civil services(IAS, IPS, IES, IRS, IFS etc...)

There is no percentage requirement in UPSC exam .You should have passed a graduation from a recognized university with passing marks.

Your age should be between 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category students.

Number of Attempts:

General 4 times

OBC 7 times

There is no limit for SC/ST category

Selection Process:

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

Interview
8th June 2015, 09:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the minimum percentage required so that i can apply for UPSC exams..????
After completion of graduation degree, you are eligible for UPSC Civil Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
8th June 2015, 01:26 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is a regulatory body which makes recruitment for the govarious government departments.
The basic requirements for most of the UPSC exams like

- IAS
- IFS
- IES
- SSC
are-

1) You need to be graduate from a recognized college/university of India.

2) you should be 21 years as on 1st August of the yar in which the exam is being conducted. ( For some exams like IES, the date is 1st january)

Now, regarding the percentage criteria, then i don't think that on general basis there is any percentage criteria of high school or intermediate. But yes some particular exams may ask for this criteria also if they want to select only a particular group of candidates.

So, on general basis you need not to worry about the percentage criteria for the UPSC exams.
8th June 2015, 02:59 PM
sonymullowal

Hello dear friend,

First thing is you doesn't mention which exam information you want to know, you write only UPSC but UPSC is not a exam Dear , its a commission which conduct many exam in various sector.

I think you want to known about IAS exam detail.
IAS exam is also known as CSAT exam this exam is
conducted by upsc once in a year.

For IAS exam there is no percentage limit in graduation only you are graduate from a recognized university you
are eligibility.

● Full Eligibility Detail:-

»»candidate should be graduate from a recognized university in any stream

»»marks or percentage doesn't matter in CSAT exam

● Age Limit:-

»»General 21 to 30 year

»»OBC 21 to 33 year

»»SC/ST 21 to 35 year

Nationality- must be Indian

● Selection Process:-

1. Written Test
(a) Prelims
(b) mains

2. Interview.

Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?