22nd September 2012, 05:07 PM
lakshmisuvarna

Am I eligible for Bank PO or Clerk job? I am a student of computer science and engineering with aggregate of 67%

sir,Am a B.tech., student of computer science & engineering with aggregate of 67% and i secured 66% in my 12 std,but i have only 40% in my 10std.the only problem is with my 10 aggregate.Am I eligible for any bank PO & clerk jobs. please suggest me .

Related Questions:
  1. What is the bank clerk eligibility? I am a 10th class student
  2. Is a diploma in computer engineering eligible for the clerk post in Bank?
  3. Is joining TMB Clerk Post good after MSc Computer Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible for a job in government sector after scoring an aggregate of 74%?
  5. Can I apply for Clerk and PO post in Bank with 53% aggregate in 12th and 60% in 10th?
  6. Can I get a government job after scoring 80% in Computer Science and Engineering?
  7. How can I apply for summer training after scoring 75% aggregate? I am a student of B.tech 3rd year computer science and engineering
  8. How to get a Government Job being a candidate having an aggregate of 86.98% in B.Tech with Computer Science?
  9. Am I eligible for Bank PO exam? I am a engineering student
  10. How to apply for any job in computer science and engineering in Railway Board? I am a student of 4th year computer science and engineering
  11. Am I eligible for SBI clerk and PO exam? I have scored 62.56% in 10th
  12. Can I be eligible for Bank PO exam after completing MSc computer science in Pune University with 60%
  13. Am I eligible for Bank PO and Bank Clerk exam?
  14. Differences between bank PO job and job clerk job?
  15. Am I eligible for UPSC pursuing B.Tech with Computer Science Engineering? Goverment jobs for Computer Science Engineering?
  16. Information regarding Eligibility criteria for Bank Clerk and PO positions?
  17. Am I eligible for BSc computer science after scoring 69% in Aggregate in Physics -- [New]
  18. What is the best government job in computer science engineering?
28th October 2012, 08:37 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO or Clerk job? I am a student of computer science and engineering with aggregate of 67%

Graduates are eligible to apply for both clerical as well as P.O positions. For the position of clerk, candidates passed in 12th class with 50% marks will be accepted. Also candidates having 60% marks in matriculation will also be considered. Detailed advertisement will be available in the official portal i.e. IBPS. Applications can also be forwarded through the concerned web portal
29th October 2012, 11:48 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO or Clerk job? I am a student of computer science and engineering with aggregate of 67%

Dear aspirant,

-Surely you are eligible for Bank PO and clerk job as you are a graduate in engineering.

-So you can apply for these exams without worrying about eligibility now.

-Your age must be 18 to 30 years if you are general category.

-There is age relaxation for SC/ST , OBC , Physically handicapped and Ex-servicemen.

-The selection will be on the basis of your performance in the objective type paper and personal interview.

BEST OF LUCK...
29th October 2012, 12:14 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO or Clerk job? I am a student of computer science and engineering with aggregate of 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshmisuvarna View Post
sir,Am a B.tech., student of computer science & engineering with aggregate of 67% and i secured 66% in my 12 std,but i have only 40% in my 10std.the only problem is with my 10 aggregate.Am I eligible for any bank PO & clerk jobs. please suggest me .

==> The candidate should be a graduate or equivalent. The same should be in any stream from a recognized university with a minimum requisite of 65% average mark for general category 60% for other classes is a must.

==> The candidate selected for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) must also have knowledge about basic computer handling.

==> Age Limit should be between 21-30 years for general category...

Relaxation on upper age:

Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe: 35years

Other Backward Classes: 33 years

Persons With Disabilities: 10 years

Ex-Servicemen: 35 years

Candidates from Kashmir Division: 35 years

GOOD LUCK.......
29th October 2012, 01:48 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Why do you want job different from your course? You are a Engineering graduate. You should look for jobs for B.Tech students. What is the point of going for Banking job now.

My friend the best option for you is to apply for the Public Sector Undertaking job. Since you are Computer Science engineer, there are jobs in IT sector for you as well. Therefore you should not apply for Banking jobs.

You are definitely eligible for PSU jobs. Just check out for the notification from a PSU and see whether there is any opening for a Computer Science Engineer. If there is then don't waste time and apply for the job.

Here is the eligibility criteria for PSU Jobs.

1. A B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

2. At least 60 percent marks.

3. There should be no pending backlogs.

4. Age limit for the job is 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5years for SC/ST.

5. A valid GATE score.

List of PSU

NTPC

BHEL

BEL

ISRO

MTNL

BSNL

DRDO

IOCL

However if you insist on Banking job then I will recommend IBPS Bank PO Exam. Although you are eligible for both Clerk and Bank PO job. You should pick Bank PO. Clearing the IBPS Bank PO exam would make you eligible for Bank PO/MT job in 19 Public Sector banks.

Eligibility

1. A graduation degree in any stream is required.

2. Age limit is 20 to 30 years.

3. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

4. Age limit for SC/ST is 35 years.
29th October 2012, 02:48 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

Yes you are eligible for both of the jobs as you are a graduate and you can apply for the both jobs bank po as well as bank clerk and for both the ranks you just need a graduate pass degree nothing else required than the degree of graduation ..

Qualifications Required for the Bank Po and Clerk Job :

-The Candidate should be pass in the graduation

-tHE candidate age should be 20-30 for po

-The candidate age should be 20-28 for the clerk job

-Age relaxation given to the obc 3 years and 5 years for sc,st

Best of luck
29th October 2012, 04:11 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

YES YOU ARE ELIGIBLE

29th October 2012, 04:55 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yeah you are eligible for both IBPS Clerk and PO(Probationary Officer) exams.

IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) exam conducting every year.

Eligibility criteria for IBPS clerk:-

The candidate should complete 10th class with atleast of 60%of marks from a recognised board.

OR

The candidate should be complete 12th standard with atleast of 50% from a recognised state board.

OR

The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:-

The age limits are 18years to 28years,

3years age relaxation for OBC candidates,

5years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Eligibility criteria for IBPS PO:-

The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.

Final year graduation candidates also eligible.

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:-

The age limits are 21years to 30years,

3years relaxation for OBC candidates,

5years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Selection process:-

Written test,

Personal interview.

IBPS PO exam pattern:-

List of IBPS BANKS:-

For more details CLICK HERE

Best of luc.
29th October 2012, 06:33 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Yes , you are eligibile for bank jobs -

Eligibility for Bank PO exam -

Graduation from a recognised university In India.

Age Limit - 20 -30 years.

There are five sections of the exam -

Reasoning

Quantitative Aptitude

General Awareness

English

computer knowledge

Since, you have a degree you are eligible, provided that you also fulfill afe criteria.
29th October 2012, 07:48 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,

It is better that you apply for the Bank PO eventhough you are even eligible to apply for the Bank Clerk exam as per the qualification of yours.

As per the education qualification needed for the exam you are satisfying it and there are certain other criteria's which are needed to be satisfied along with this and they are:

-> You need to be a citizen of India

-> The candidate wishing to apply for the exam must have a age limit of 21-30 years and there are certain upper age relaxation which are allowed for other category candidates,

-> The education qualification states that the candidate appearing for the exam must have completed a degree from a recognized university and it can be from any disicpline with atleast 60% aggregate.

Note!

The thing to be noted is that the eligibility criteria changes from Bank-Bank.

-> The candidate should have known about computers and must know to operate of MS Office,

Selection Procedure:

>> Written test

>> Interview

If you satisfy the criteria's framed for the exam then you can apply for the exam

For more info regarding the exam check at the bank in which you are applying..

ALL THE BEST
29th October 2012, 09:41 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

As you have said that you are a B.Tech Computer branch student then why are you aspiring to join Bank PO exam ???

You can get batter job With your B.Tech degree in Different Section Like:
  1. ISRO
  2. NTPC
  3. BHEL
  4. AIRTEL
  5. BEL
  6. VODAFONE
  7. MTNL
  8. BSNL
  9. RELIANCE
  10. DRDO
  11. HP
  12. IOCL
  13. TCS
  14. TCL

If you are still want to join Bank Po Exam Then Here is eligibility and Criteria.....

>> A candidate must have completed their Graduation Degree with at least 55% From Recognized Universities....

>> Age of candidate should be between 21 to 30 years....

>> Relaxation is available for OBC +3 eyars and for SC/ST +5 years....

But, It is batter to join any job according to and with your B.Tech Degree.......

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
29th October 2012, 09:59 PM
SAM14U

HELLO DEAR

YES, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR BOTH BANK P.O & CLERK EXAM:-

Eligibility

1. You must of Indian origin.

2. A graduation degree in any stream in required.

3. Age limit is 20 to 30 years for the Bank PO.

4. The age limit is extended by 3 years for OBC.

5. Age limit for SC/ST is extended by 5 years.

ALL THE BEST............
30th October 2012, 07:37 AM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

HI,

Yes, you are eligible for Bank PO or Clerk job.

>> Criteria

-You are citizen india

-Graduation complete in recognized university

-Age limit 21-28 years

-you have knowledge for general , Our country , maths , etc.

Good luck
30th October 2012, 12:52 PM
suraj391

Dear

-Surely you are eligible for Bank PO and clerk job as you are a graduate in engineering.

-So you can apply for these exams without worrying about eligibility now.

-Your age must be 18 to 30 years if you are general category.

-There is age relaxation for SC/ST , OBC , Physically handicapped and Ex-servicemen.

-The selection will be on the basis of your performance in the objective type paper and personal interview.

thaxsssss friendsss
BEST OF LUCK..
30th October 2012, 01:26 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello friend,

you are eligible for bank po/ clerk job below i have listed briefly you can check .

Eligibility criteria for the IBPS clerical exams -

1. 12th from any recognized board .
2. Minimum 55% marks in 12th .
3. Age limit = should be between 18 to 28 years

Eligibility criteria for bank PO exams -

1. graduation from any recognized university .
2. minimum 55% marks in graduation .
3. Age limit = 21 to 30 years .

For further information ;-

Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
IBPS House, 90 feet, D.P.Road,
Near Thakur Polytechnic,
Off. Western Express Highway, P. B. No. 8587
Kandivali (E), Mumbai 400 101
INDIA

Helpline Number : 91-22-2968 7111
(Available from 09:30 AM to 06:00 PM - Excluding Saturday and Sunday)
Fax: 91-22-2854 2076

Best wishes..
30th October 2012, 01:58 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi...........
Sir.........
You want to join the bank carrier , I appreciate it.After graduation, there is a exam, through which you can apply for the Probationary Officer (PO) posts of the various banks. This examination is conducted by the IBPS (INSTITUTE OF BANKING & PERSONNEL SELECTIONS). There are 19 banks , which recruits their respective PO & CLERKS posts through IBPS exam.

List of participating BANKS--

The educational requirements for this IBPS PO exam is a graduation degree in any stream, but from a recognized college. You must have scored at least 60% in academic carrier.
You must have working knowledge of computer science.

You must have Indian nationality..

Age limit-

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates .

Exam pattern--

Thank you!!!!
~gamble~
30th October 2012, 10:19 PM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

You Are Eligible For Bank PO.

IBPS Bank PO Eligible Criteria :

1. Graduate From The Recognized University
2. Age Limit : 21 To 28 Years

Selection Process :

1. Written Test
2. Interview

Books For Bank PO :

R.S.Agarwal,

T.S.Jain,

Hari prasad,

R.Gupta's,

Upkar's publication's,

All The Best!!!!
31st October 2012, 05:21 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.......

Yes, you are eligible for Bank PO's with your Computer Science Degree

Eligibility Criteria for Bank PO's : -

Educational Qualifications : -

Candidates must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university

Age Limit : -

Candidates age should between 21 to 30 years

age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as under

For SC/ST candidates 5 years relaxation

For OBC candidates 3 years relaxation

Nationality : -

Candidates should be a citizen of India

Bank PO's Syllabus : -

all the best........

Regards....
Tash
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?