12th January 2013, 10:07 PM
priyankachouhan

Am i eligible for bank PO exam after scoring 54% marks in B.Com

I am b.com graduate with 54% marks ans sc(schedule cast) candidate. am I eligible for bank po exam?

14th January 2013, 05:52 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for bank PO exam after scoring 54% marks in B.Com

Yes you can appear in bank po exam.

Eligibility for SBI Bank PO--

SBI conduct the bank exam their own basis.

candidate should be graduate with good percentage from recognise university.Age of candidate should be between 21 to 30 year for open category. Relaxation for obc/sc/st/pd/ex-serviceman.

http://www.sbi.co.in/

Eligibility for IBPS PO--

IBPS(Institue of Banking Personnel Selection). It conduct CWE exam for po and clerk for 19 public sector of bank.

To appearing in ibps po exam candidate should be graduate in any decipline from recognised university.
Age of candidate should be 20 to 30 for open category. Relaxation for sc/st/obc/ex-serviceman/pd.

www.ibps.in
15th January 2013, 03:50 PM
DASHARD

yes dear you can surely appear for the PO exam as you are eligible for it.
the eligibility for PO post is given below-

NATIONALITY-
Indian citizenship is needed.

AGE LIMIT-
20-30 years

AGE RELAXATION-
5 years for SC/ST candidates,
3 years for OBC candidates,
10 years for Person with Disabilities,
5 years for Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers etc.

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION-
A graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized Institute/university.
Any score/percentage will do.

good luck
15th January 2013, 07:29 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyankachouhan View Post
I am b.com graduate with 54% marks ans sc(schedule cast) candidate. am I eligible for bank po exam?
Yes,you will be eligible to apply for all banks exams related to P.O(Probationary Officers) Post.

Eligibility for P.O(Probationary Officer)

Educational qualification :-
  • Graduation pass out from recognized university.
  • Your degree should be approved from the UGC.
Marks :-
  • As you belong from the SC/ST category,you will only require 50% in order to get appear in this exam.
  • Your minimum age should be 18 years in case of IBPS PO Exam.
  • In case of SBI PO Exam,your minimum age should be 21 years.
  • Your age should not be above 28 years.
NOTE :- You will also eligible to get the age relaxation of 5 years after crossing the upper age limit.

In order to visit IBPS Official website >> Click Here .

In order to visit SBI PO Exam Official website >> Click Here .
15th January 2013, 07:38 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

the eligibility for bank po exam-:
1. you have pass the graduation degree with at least 60% marks
2. your age should be 21 to 30 year for general
3. for obc and sc/st candidates the age should be up to 33 year and 35 year respectively
4. you should be an INDIAN
i am also attaching the question and the name of book as the pdf file
good luck
15th January 2013, 08:26 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yeah you are eligible for Bank PO(Probationary Officer) exam, the best way for bank exams is IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection). IBPS conducting this exam under 20 banks.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university.

Percentage is not important to apply this exam.

You must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria:-

The age limits are 21 to 30 years,

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates,

10years age relaxation for PH candidates.

Selection process:-

Written test,

Personal interview.

Pattern of exam:-

For more details CLICK HERE

Best of luck.
15th January 2013, 09:14 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You are eligible for P.O. examination conducted by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection), there is no percentage of marks criteria for this exam.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good knowledge over compuetr operation.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com AND http://www.ibps.in
15th January 2013, 09:51 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

No you are not eligible to apply for the bank PO because the IBPS is demanding the totally 60% marks in any graduation degree without any backlog. And the entire completed degree holder candidate can apply. The age of the all entire candidates should be more than 21 years. More information can be obtained from the IBPS website ww.ibps.in
15th January 2013, 09:52 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yeah sure , you are eligible to apply for the Probationary Officer Examination after completing graduation in B.Com . You can apply for Probationary Officer examination through SBI PO exam OR IBPS PO Examination .

To apply for Probationary Officer examination , you must have a completed your graduate degree in any desire subject like Science / Arts / Engineering ..etc from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and must secure at least 60% marks for General candidates and 55% marks for reserved categories .

SBI Probationary Officer Examination ::

You must have a completed bachelor's degree OR post graduate degree in any discipline or equivalent qualification from a recognized University .

You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years and Upper age limits is applicable . 33 years for Other Backward Caste , 35 years for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes , 40 years for PWD categories .

SBI examination consist of various stage like Written examination , Group Discussion as well as personal Interview .

This examination is conducted Once in a year State Banks Of India

IBPS Probationary Officer Examination ::

You must have a completed bachelor's degree in any discipline or equivalent qualification from a recognized University .

You must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years and Upper age limits is applicable . 33 years for Other Backward Caste , 35 years for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes , 40 years for PWD categories .

IBPS conducts for admission of 20 Public Sector banks and this examination is conducted once in a year for recruitment of Probationary Officer and Management Trainee .

IBPS Written Exam is based on the Quantitative Aptitude , Reasoning , General awareness , Computer awareness , English Language .
16th January 2013, 12:38 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am happy t inform you that you are eligible for Bank P.O exam.

Bank P.O exam is conducted by:-
> I.B.P.S
> State Bank Of India.

Question paper of Bank P.O exam is consist of:-
> English
> Maths
> I.Q Test
> General Knowledge

After passing written exam you have to qualify the Group discussion and Interview.

ALL THE BEST!
16th January 2013, 10:20 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are definitely eligible for the IBPS Bank PO Exam. To appear in the Bank PO exam, the candidate requires a graduation degree. Percentage is not considered for any category student including Schedule Caste.

Which means that as long as you have completed graduation, there should be no issue. The Bank PO exam is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Services. There are 19 Public Sector Banks that participates in the exam.

So once you have cleared the exam, you can apply for the job in any of these 19 Public Sector Banks depending on the job availability in the bank.

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. Graduation degree in any discipline.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit is 20 to 30 years for Bank PO.

5. For OBC there is 3 years relaxation.

6. SC/ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

7. upto 10 years relaxation for PWD.

List of PSU Banks

Allahabad Bank

Andhra Bank

Bank of Baroda

Bank of Maharashtra

Bank of India

Central Bank of India

Canara Bank

Dena Bank

Corporation Bank

Indian Overseas Bank

Indian Bank

Punjab National Bank

Oriental Bank of Commerce

Syndicate Bank

Punjab & Sind Bank

United Bank of India

Union Bank of India

Vijaya Bank

UCO Bank
16th January 2013, 06:30 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello friend ,

Well no need to worry about your eligibility as you are having the criteria that is needed to apply for BANK PO exam .

There are two processes to get Bank PO jobs, one is through SBI and other is through IBPS.

Eligibility for Bank PO exams through SBI-

• You should have secured minimum 50% marks in graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

• You must have attained the age between 20 to 30. (Age relaxation for Sc/ST candidates is 5 years and for OBC candidates is 3 years).

You can go for a common written exam for 19 public sector banks conducted by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
Eligibility for Bank PO exams through IBPS-

• You should have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognised university. There is no percentage criterion.

• You must have attained the age between 20 to 34. (Age relaxation is provided only for ST/OBC candidates)

GOOD LUCK .... PREPARE HARD ....
17th January 2013, 04:50 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

Yes definitely, you are eligible for bank PO examnation.

The eligibility criteria required for bank PO examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream with a minimum of 60% marks (50% marks for reserved categories) from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 20-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

The pattern of bank PO examination is as follows:-

http://www.contentcarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ibps-po-cwe-2011.png

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

18th January 2013, 09:11 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am i eligible for bank PO exam after scoring 54% marks in B.Com

Quote:

Eligibility For Bank PO Exams

Candidates appearing for the probationary officer's Exam must have the following qualifications :-

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years..age relaxation as per government norms for reserved categories..(5 years for SC candidates)

>> Candidate must have completed their graduation with an aggregate of 55% (50% for SC/ST)

For IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) Exam which is conducted for 20 Public sector banks.. a candidate must have following eligibility criterion :-

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 20-30 years..5 years age relaxation for SC/ST..

>> Candidate must have completed their graduation degree from a recognized institute..

Hence you are eligible for both type of PO exams..

I have attached some of the previous year question papers of PO Exam for various banks..

Go through them and I hope they will help you out in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: doc PO IBPS.doc(30.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: doc PO SBI-SOLVED-QUESTION-PAPER.doc(239.0 KB, 69 views)
File Type: zip Andhra Bank PO.zip(1.81 MB, 37 views)
File Type: pdf ALLAHABADBANK PO 2009.pdf(1.05 MB, 75 views)
File Type: zip Bank of Baroda PO.zip(441.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: pdf GUIDE to solve Bank PO&Clerk Exam.pdf(193.1 KB, 62 views)
19th January 2013, 08:45 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, You are eligible to apply for bank P.O. exam after completion of Graduation in any stream.

P.O. - Probationary Officer, the exam for which is generally conducted by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) for 19 Public Sector banks.

The eligible candidate aspiring for Bank P.O. exam conductedby SBI and IBPS, must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good command over computer operation.

Hence after completeion of B.Com. you are eligible for bank P.O. exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com AND http://www.ibps.in
19th January 2013, 10:34 AM
Beawar

Dear..

Now a days Bank jobs are the most sought for Jobs in our country and it is very good that you want to become a probationary officer in Indian banks but let me tell you that now a days more then 20 banks recruit people through a common exam known as IBPS PO exam which is held twice in a year.

The eligibility criteria is as follows :-

1. All Graduate candidate are eligible
2. No preference to any subject
3. Age limit :- 20-30 for general
4. 33 for OBC
5. 35 for SC and ST.

The exam would be of Objective type followed by an interview. After interview an overall merit based on India level is prepared and then after candidates get calls from different banks based on the their score card. One more thing that i want to tell you is that sectional cut off is also there so be prepared with all the sections.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
20th January 2013, 08:09 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

BANK PO exams in India is conducted by SBI AND IBPS.
IBPS conducts the exams for 20 Government banks

IBPS conducts the written exams just once each year

Min Eligibilty to sit in the IBPS Written Exams is Graduation Pass with Minimum 60% marks
Age should be between 21 and 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

Min Eligibilty to sit in SBI PO Written Exams is Graduation Pass
Age should be between 21 and 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

So, yyou cannot apply for the IBPS PO written exams since you have less than 60% marks in Graduation.
25th January 2013, 05:58 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for the banking PO entrance examination. Presently State Bank of India invite application for the 1544 PO vacancy.

Nice to see you interest in the banking sector. In today time the banking sector becomes growest field in which you will get a batter facility and a handsome salary from the starting of the job. Here below i am giving you the details eligibility criteria for the banking PO entrance examination.

Eligibility Criteria for the Bank PO Examination.
->The minimum educational qualification is graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. The final year candidates can also apply.
->The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this exam. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category.

You can also appear in the IBPS CWE examination for PO. If your score in the IBPS examination will be good then you will be call for the personal interview for the selection as the PO post. Do preparation well for the examination because in today time the number of candidates more and limit job seat so the competition become really hard.
15th March 2014, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 51.9 in 12th and degree b.sc (maths) i got 62.2 and i am s.c(caste) so i am eligible for bank po exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?