19th December 2011, 07:26 PM
meet_su

Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 53% aggregate in graduation? What is the name of the bank?

Am I eligible for Bank PO Exam havin 53%(agreegate) in Graduation?
n can u plz mention the name of the bank

20th December 2011, 07:42 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 53% aggregate in graduation? What is the name of the bank?

Having secured an aggregate of 53% in your Graduation, you are eligible for almost all bank PO exams as per academic qualification. But sometimes, there are some private sector banks which will put the eligibility criteria as minimum of 55% of marks in Graduation. But, this criteria will be put by very less banks.

You did not mention the category to which you belong. If you are a candidate of SC/ST category, you will be given relaxation in percentage of marks upto 5%. So, in that way, if you are a candidate of SC/ST category, you will be eligible for those some private sector banks which may put the eligibility criteria as minimum of 55% in graduation.

Let me provide you the eligibility criteria for Bank PO exams in more clear.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university. Some private sector banks may put the eligibility criteria as a minimum of 55% of marks in Graduation.
-Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for bank PO Exams.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit for the candidates of SC/ST category.

For some banks like SBI, there is limit on number of attempts. Keep that in mind.

So, you are eligible for almost all bank exams. Have good preparation to the respective bank PO Exam which you want to appear for and crack the exam.

From this academic year, IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is conducting common written exam for the recruitment of Probationary Officers for 19 public sector banks.

If you are interested, you can appear for the upcoimng IBPS PO Exam.

For complete information on IBPS PO Exam, you can visit
http://www.ibps.in/

For regular updates on bank exams, you can visit
http://www.bankexamsindia.com/
20th December 2011, 09:16 AM
tejesh_09

Default Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 53% aggregate in graduation? What is the name of the bank?

You will be eligible for bank P.O. exam having secured 53% in graduation as generally there is no criteria for marks in almost all banks though some private bank sets minimum marks 55% in graduation level which is also relaxed by 5% for SC/ST candidate.

One should be at least a graduate in any stream within the age group of 21 to 30 years of age which relaxed to some extent for reserved category in order to appear for bank P.O.(Probationary Officer) exam.

For update information you may log on to web site www.bankexamsindia.com
20th December 2011, 10:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by meet_su View Post
Am I eligible for Bank PO Exam havin 53%(agreegate) in Graduation?
n can u plz mention the name of the bank
Yes , you are eligible for BANK PO EXAM.

Those candidate have completed their graduation degree from any recognized university are eligible for BANK PO exam.

They are not require any kind of percentage marks in graduation for this time.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

BANK PO exam consist of two steps 1) Written test 2)Personal Interview.

For written test you must be prepare for mathematics and general knowledge.Also you must have basic knowledge computer field.

Every bank set their own criteria .So it is not perfect criteria all BANK PO exam.

A new restriction has been imposed on the number of attempts for the candidates. For general number of attempts is 4, for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST
20th December 2011, 11:03 AM
arun.potturu

Maximum all banks asking 60% or 50% marks criteria.But you secured only 53% so you have very less scope in bank sector to get PO job.
In case if you belongs to reservation candidate or handicapped then you have scope to get the job.Before applying see the eligibility criteria and then apply.For notification details see the employment newspaper once in a week or visit the website www.sarkarinaukri.com
20th December 2011, 02:44 PM
Hours

BANKS NAME FOR YOU

Jharkhand Gramin Bank

Uttaranchal Gramin Bank

Rewa Sidhi Gramin Bank

SBI

Syndicate Bank

Rajasthan Gramin Bank

Vijaya Bank

Chhattisgarh Gramin Bank

SIDBI

Punjab & Sind Bank

CWE Clerical Cadre 19 PSU Banks

Reserve Bank of India

Central Bank of India

AND

many more bank .
21st December 2011, 12:11 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend different bank have different eligibility criteria..
If you go for Govt bank Po exam then you have to fulfill the following requirements:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

2.candidate must have secure 60% aggregate through out the career.
For SC/ST the aggregate percentage relaxation is 5%.
3.Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

4.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

5.Candidate must be computer literate.

If you want to appear in private banking sector exam then you need to fulfill following requirements:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

2.candidate must have secure 55% aggregate through out the career.
For SC/ST the percentage relaxation is 5%..
3.Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

4.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

5.Candidate must be computer literate.

These are the eligibility you have to fulfill.
As you have secured less than 55% aggregate then you are not eligible for any kind of banking sector exam.

All the best.
27th December 2011, 11:06 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear,aggregate of 53% in your Graduation, you are eligible for almost all bank PO exams as per academic qualification. But sometimes, there are some private sector banks which will put the eligibility criteria as minimum of 55% of marks in Graduation. But, this criteria will be put by very less banks.

You did not mention the category to which you belong. If you are a candidate of SC/ST category, you will be given relaxation in percentage of marks upto 5%. So, in that way, if you are a candidate of SC/ST category, you will be eligible for those some private sector banks which may put the eligibility criteria as minimum of 55% in graduation.
Let me provide you the eligibility criteria for Bank PO exams in more clear.

Academic Qualification :-
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university. Some private sector banks may put the eligibility criteria as a minimum of 55% of marks in Graduation.
-Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST category.
Age criteria :-
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for bank PO Exams.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit for the candidates of SC/ST category.

For some banks like SBI, there is limit on number of attempts. Keep that in mind.
So, you are eligible for almost all bank exams. Have good preparation to the respective bank PO Exam which you want to appear for and crack the exam.
From this academic year, IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is conducting common written exam for the recruitment of Probationary Officers for 19 public sector banks.
If you are interested, you can appear for the upcoimng IBPS PO Exam.

For complete information on IBPS PO Exam, you can visit
http://www.ibps.in/
3rd January 2012, 01:12 AM
meet_su

hi
category: general
sir i want to know when is the next BO exam and i live in pune
3rd January 2012, 01:13 AM
meet_su

hi
category: general
ma'am i want to know when is the next BO exam and i live in pune
4th February 2012, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

i have done BPP from ignou and now pursuing BA from the same(ignou). am i eligible for BAnk po exam aftr my graduation?
21st February 2012, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 54.13% in my graduation in hons. paper. bt aggregate marks including all the subjects is 60%. m i eligible for bank exam. plzz help me..!
12th July 2012, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for bank PO exam after secoring 55% in 2 n 60% in graduation?
26th August 2012, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

I am in genral catagory.Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 53% aggregate in graduation? What is the name of the bank.
17th November 2012, 11:35 AM
Namitamd

Hi,

Yes you are eligible for 20 public sector banks and again for SBI as well. The IBPS has not mentioned any particular percentage for graduates. Hence even just passed candidates also can pear for IBPS written exam and clear it. so you are eligible and you can go ahead and apply. Even SBI ask for graduation from recognised university only and no other thing about the graduation so you can apply for it. The IBPS PO exam will be announced in the coming year. You can check and register online. The SBI is going to announce PO in the next month, so you can start your exam preparations and be ready to crack the exam.
16th April 2014, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

I had a drop of 1 year during my graduation and also aggregate is jus 56% so am i eligible for PO exams? now the ibps has increased its criteria to 60%.??Plz guide
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?