13th October 2014, 03:05 AM
mahin safaj

Am I eligible to become a custom officer? I am a BBM holder and my percentage is 50

Sir.iam a b.b.m degree holder.but my percentage is below 50, is am eligible for became a coustom officer.what are the criteria for that.

31st May 2015, 05:21 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a custom officer? I am a BBM holder and my percentage is 50

Yes,you are eligible to become a custom officer after securing 50% marks in BBM degree because there is no restrictions on the percentage of marks obtained in the graduation degree to appear in the civil services exam .

UPSC conducts civil services exam for recruitment in Indian Revenue Services(Customs and Central Excise).The candidate who wishes to become custom officer has to appear in the civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility required to become a Custom Officer are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree from a recognized university.

-The candidate who are in the final year of the degree course can also apply for the civil services exam .

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years.

-The upper age limit is relaxed for

OBC candidates - 3 years

SC/ST candidates - 5 years

PWD candidates - 10 years .

-The civil services exam comprises of

*Civil Services Aptitude Test

*Civil Services Main Exam

*Personality Test.
31st May 2015, 07:39 PM
jhavikas39

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a custom officer? I am a BBM holder and my percentage is 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahin safaj View Post
Sir.iam a b.b.m degree holder.but my percentage is below 50, is am eligible for became a coustom officer.what are the criteria for that.

Custom Department is under Ministry of Home Afire.

For joining Custom Department you have to qualify the
Combine Graduate Level Exam.

For that you have you have to qualify the C.G.L exam conducted by Staff selection commission.

ELIGIBILITY FOR C.G.L:-
> Pass graduation with any stream.
>Age limit is 21-27 year.
For O.B.C 21-20 year
For ST/SC 21-35 year.

For more detail log on to www.ssc.nic.in
31st May 2015, 11:51 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

No need to worry about marks as there is no such restriction regarding marks criteria for being an eligible to apply for customer officer which is conducted by UPSC every year. But, One of the most important criteria that an individual should posess is gradauation degree from recognised university and second factor is age criteria that is 21-30 years. However certain relaxation are provided to the category of SC/ST/OBC .

Selection of candidates are done on the basis of three stages : Prelim Exam, Mains Exam , Personal Interview . Clearing all the rounds will lead you to select your pefernce that you have opted while filling the form for UPSC exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?