6th March 2019, 01:56 AM
Snnehapillay

Am I eligible to become a Government High School Teacher with 52% in MCom?

Hello everyone, I have completed my MCom and secured only 52% marks. I want to join High School as a teacher. I would like to know that with this percentage of marks, I can join Government affiliated High School?

9th March 2019, 09:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a Government High School Teacher with 52% in MCom?

First thing I would like to let you know the minimum education required for becoming a government high school teacher is graduation degree followed by B.Ed degree course with at least 50% marks from a recognized university.

So, having completed your M.Com degree course with 52% marks, you are eligible to become a government school teacher, if you have pursued B.Ed degree course too and managed to secure 50% marks ( or 45% marks in case of reserved category candidates) in your graduation and B.Ed degree course both.
11th March 2019, 03:52 PM
Meg24

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a Government High School Teacher with 52% in MCom?

To be a teacher in a government school you need to clear the teacher eligibility Test.(TET).

The next criteria is you need to have a B.ed for the TET or Mphil or PhD to be exempted for TET.
As you have M.com but no B.ed or Mphil you are not eligible for the test and thus for the government schools.
So I suggest you to pursue B.ed in your favorite subjects and then try a career in government schools provided you have an aggregate of 50 percent in B.ed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?