26th November 2010, 04:44 PM
sakthi vasanth

Am I eligible for BSNL JTO exam? Exam pattern and procedure to apply?

sir,
i'm pursuing final year B.E(ECE).Can i write BSNL JTO exam. if i can write i request you to send me the date of exam and the exam pattern.With that tell me how to apply for that exam?

29th November 2010, 10:04 AM
raja jeganathan

Post Re: Am I eligible for BSNL JTO exam? Exam pattern and procedure to apply?

Negative marking is 33%. Generally cut-off for general category students is around 50-60 marks out of 150, which will be less for O.B.C/S.C/S.T category students. There will be no interview for final selection, criterion will be only written examination.

The objective type examination shall be of 3 hours duration with one question paper containing 3 sections of Engineering Stream Section-I, Engineering Stream Section-II and General Ability Test Section-III. The Engineering Stream Section-I and Section-II would include 50 questions each and General Ability test Section-III would include 20 questions. However, there would be no separate time fixed for attempting the separate sections.

SECTION – I

1. Materials and components

Structure and properties of Electronic Engineering materials, Conductors, Semiconductors and Insulators, Magnetic, Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Superconducting materials. Passive components and characteristics, Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrites, Quartz crystal, Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.

2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs

Electrons and holes in semiconductors, Carrier Statistics, Mechanics of current flow in a semi-conductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, CTOs, power MOSFETs; Basics of ICs-bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; Basics of Opto Electronics.

3. Network theory

Network analysis techniques: Network theorem, transient and steady state sinusoidal response, and Transmission criteria: delay and rise time Elmore’s and other definition, effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

4. Electromagnetic Theory

Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, micro strip lines; Basics of waveguides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.

5. Electronic Measurements and instrumentation

Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working: analog and digital, comparison, characteristics, and applications. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non-electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity etc. Basics of telemetry for industrial use.

6. Power Electronics

Power Semiconductor devices, Thyristor, Power transistor, MOSFETs, Characteristics and operation. AC to DC converters; 1-Phase and 3-phase DC-to-DC Converters.

AC regulators. Thyristor controlled reactors, switched capacitor networks.

Inverters: Single-phase and 3-phase. Pulse width modulation. Sinusoidal modulation with uniform sampling. Switched mode power supplies.

SECTION-II

1. Analog Electronic Circuits

Transistor biasing and stabilization, Small Signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency response, Wide band techniques, Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators. Rectifiers and power supplies. Operational Amplifier, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.

2. Digital Electronic Circuits

Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean functions, Karnaugh Map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic circuits; Half adder, full adder; Digital Compartor; Multiplexer Demultiplexer; ROM and their applications. Flip-flops, R-S, J-K, D and T flip-flops; Different types of counters and registers; waveform generators. A/D and D/A convertors. Semiconductor memories.

3. Control Systems

Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity, Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins; Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems, Compensators; Industrial controllers.

4. Communication systems

Basic information theory: Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstruction. Quantization & Coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalisation; Optical Communication: in free space & fiber optic; Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite communication.

5. Microwave Engineering

Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Waveguides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Microstrip circuits, Microwave antennas, Microwave Measurements, MASERS LASERS; Microwave Propogation. Microwave Communication Systems-terrestrial and satellite based.

6. Computer Engineering

Number Systems; Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C; use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture processor design; Control unit design; Memory organization. I/O System Organization. Personal computers and their typical uses.

7. Microprocessors

Microprocessor architecture – Instruction set and simple assembly language programming. Interfacing for memory and I/O. Applications of Microprocessors in Telecommunications and power system.

SECTION-III

General ability test

The candidate’s comprehension and understanding of General English shall be tested through simple exercises. Questions on knowledge of current events and of such matter of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. Questions will also be included on events and developments in Telecommunications, History of India and Geography. These will be of a nature, which can be answered without special study by an educated person.

Training For BSNL JTO Can be Taken in the following Institute:
ADDRESS:
28A/11, Jia sarai,Near IIT Delhi,
New Delhi-110016

Ms Vandana Agrawal
phone: 9811382221
29th November 2010, 10:43 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for BSNL JTO exam? Exam pattern and procedure to apply?

Education Qualification for applying in JTO-Telecom:

Applicant must possess as on 31.12.2011, Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology or equivalent Engineering degree in any of the following disciplines from a recognized engineering college/university:

i. Telecommunication,
ii. Electronics,
iii. Radio,
iv. Computer,
v. Electrical.
vi. Information Technology

Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination may also apply provided they possess the required educational qualification by 31.12.2011.

The mode of selection is through an All India Competitive Examination.

The examination will be of three hours duration with one Question Paper containing the following three sections:-

For JTOs(Telecom)

Section-I : Engineering stream : 50 questions

Section-II : Engineering stream : 50 questions

Section-III : General Ability Test : 20 questions

For JTOs(Electrical)

Section-I : Electrical Engineering stream : 50 questions

Section-II : Electrical Engineering stream: 50 questions

Section-III : General Awareness : 20 questions

For JTOs (Civil)

Section-I : Civil Engineering stream : 50 questions

Section-II : Civil Engineering stream : 50 questions

Section-III : General Ability Test : 20 questions

The Question Paper will be fully objective type with multiple options as answers to each question. The standard of paper in engineering subjects will be that of Engineering Examination of an Indian University.
However, there would be no separate time fixed for attempting the separate sections. Detailed syllabus for JTOs(Telecom), JTOs(Civil) and JTOs(Electrical) appear at Annexures ‘B’ , ‘C’ and ‘D’ respectively.

Minimum qualifying standards
BSNL shall fix minimum qualifying marks for OC/OBC/SC/ST/PH candidates for each section as well as in the aggregate. Candidates obtaining less than minimum-qualifying marks in any of the sections or in aggregate shall not be considered for inclusion in the merit-list.
The merit-list will be drawn up on the basis of candidates’ performance in the exam and the number of vacancies. The appearance of the name in the merit-list does not confer any right to the candidate for employment. A final call letter/appointment letter will be issued to the candidate after completion of all other formalities.

examination date probably 3rd week of june in each year.

All the best.
24th January 2011, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for BSNL JTO exam? Exam pattern and procedure to apply?

what should be the cut-off level of aggrigade in b.e. To apply jto?
27th January 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

i did my MCA in 2010. am i eligible for jto post?
21st February 2011, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

am i' eligible for JTO-2011 I'm in 3rd year second semester& completed in my course at 2012.
22nd February 2011, 03:53 PM
xavi

--no freind you need to complete your B.tech first
--i can give u the few details of JTO exam

The notification for JTO-2011 is not published but it is expected to be published in
either February or March.
--The eligibility criteria is as follow:
-Age Limit:
-Age limit for BSNL-JTO exam is the same as in UPSC exams.
-GEN: upper age limit 30 years
-OBC: 3 year relaxation
-SC/ST: 5 year relaxation
-Educational Qualification:
-A B.E./B.Tech. degree in
Telecommunication, Electronics, Radio, Computer, Electrical, Information Technology
for Telecom section
-B.E./B.Tech. degree in
Civil Engineering for JTO-Civil section.
-B.E./B.Tech. degree in
Electrical Engineering for JTO-Electrical section.
Candidates who are in final year of B.E./B.Tech. are also eligible to apply
provided that they complete their graduation by December of the year.
23rd February 2011, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

can u tell me it's only for physical handicap?
25th February 2011, 10:24 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Mode of selection and nature of Question Paper
The mode of selection is through an All India Competitive Examination. The examination will be of three hours duration with one Question Paper containing the following 3 sections:-

Examination Pattern:-
For JTOs (Civil)
Section-I: Civil Engineering stream: 50 questions
Section-II: Civil Engineering stream: 50 questions
Section-III: General Ability Test: 20 questions
For JTOs (Telecom)
Section-I: Engineering stream: 50 questions
Section-II: Engineering stream: 50 questions
Section-III: General Ability Test: 20 questions
For JTOs (Electrical)
Section-I: Electrical Engineering stream: 50 questions
Section-II: Electrical Engineering stream: 50 questions
Section-III: General Awareness: 20 questions

How to Apply
The Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited Entrance Examination (BSNL) JTO Entrance Examination Application from Can be Obtained By Cash Payment from The Admission Office of The Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited Entrance Examination (BSNL) JTO Entrance Examination, The Application from also can be Obtained by Sending DD in Favour of Registrar. The Application from also can be downloaded from the Official Website of The BSNL at: www.bsnl.co.in

Contact Detail:-
Bharat Sanchar Bhavan
Harish Chandra Mathur Lane
Janpath, New Delhi-110 001

regards
Kapila
1st March 2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

date of jto exam
7th March 2011, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing my btech final year n i wil complete btech by july of 2011 .can i apply for jto exam n when does notifications wil be released
16th March 2011, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i was completed my M. Sc. in electronics, am i eligible for BSNL JTO exam?
22nd March 2011, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a Air Force personal , My Trade is Communication Technition,my Qualification is Bsc.(IT), Am I eligible for Jto exasm
30th March 2011, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,my name is renu i have completed my B.E(cs)in 2009 can i apply for jto 2011?
1st May 2011, 04:22 PM
sharivikram

Hai,

Yes of course. You must be good with the basic concepts in electronics and communication subjects. Normally communication paper are most important.

All the Best for JTO exam.
1st May 2011, 04:57 PM
sharivikram

Hai,

Yes of course. You must be good with the basic concepts in electronics and communication subjects. Normally communication paper are most important.

All the Best for JTO exam.
2nd May 2011, 08:55 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for BSNL JTO exam? Exam pattern and procedure to apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,my name is renu i have completed my B.E(cs)in 2009 can i apply for jto 2011?
yes you can apply for JTO 2011 exam.. as

Eligibility for Entrance Examination:
Nationality: Only Indian citizens would be eligible to apply.

Qualifications:
Subject For BSNL JTO Telecom:
Applier must have Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology or equal Engineering degree in any of the following fields from an accredited engineering college/university:
  • Telecommunication,
  • Electronics,
  • Radio,
  • Computer,
  • Electrical,
  • Information Technology,
  • Examinees appearing in the final year degree exam may also apply.

Age Limit Entrance Examination :
  • The applicants age should not be more than 30 years . but for
  • For PWD candidates upto 10 years for OC candidate..and 15 years for SC / ST and 13 years for OBC.
2nd May 2011, 11:13 AM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am doing my btech final year n i wil complete btech by july of 2011 .can i apply for jto exam n when does notifications wil be released

since you are doing your B.Tec final year ....

you are eligible for JTO 2011 exam......

the eligibility criteria for jto exam are.....

-->age limit, max-30 yrs (general)
relaxation--SC/ST-5 yrs
obc-3yrs

-->education qualification
must have Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology
or
equal Engineering degree in any of the following fields from an
accredited engineering college/university:
- Telecommunication,
- Electronics,
- Radio,
- Computer,
- Electrical,
- Information Technology
2nd May 2011, 01:38 PM
kapil vij

yes u r eligible for BSNL JTO exam....
to get d previous year question papers.....and syllabus..........follow dis link....
http://r4k35h.blogspot.com/2010/07/bsnl-jto.html

to knw abt d xam...and abt d centres........and to get d application form....click on dis link...
http://www.bsnl.co.in/Misc/jto2009.pdf

for any further information in dis concerned feel free to ask.......
best wishes..!!
2nd May 2011, 01:42 PM
kapil vij

yes u r eligible for BSNL JTO exam....
to get d previous year question papers.....and syllabus..........follow dis link....
http://r4k35h.blogspot.com/2010/07/bsnl-jto.html

to knw abt d xam...and abt d centres........and to get d application form....click on dis link...
http://www.bsnl.co.in/Misc/jto2009.pdf

for any further information in dis concerned feel free to ask.......
best wishes..!!
23rd August 2011, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

sir now iam in btech 3rd yr ece as iam eligible to write jto xam
13th September 2011, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for JTO exam ? As i am pursuing my engineering (last year) and would complete it in June 2012??
18th September 2011, 06:12 PM
ashspider123

Hi Friends,

Is anybody sure that bsnl jto exam will be held in 2012? plz let me know so that i can start preparations. Thanks in advance.
27th September 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

My Name Is-SOURAV HORE,
Am I Eligible For BSNL JTO exam?

Ihave complete my diploma in ETCE,so can i sit for this exam?
27th September 2011, 10:49 PM
coolsam.9

Hi dear,

Negative marking is 33%. Generally cut-off for general category students is around 50-60 marks out of 150, which will be less for O.B.C/S.C/S.T category students. There will be no interview for final selection, criterion will be only written examination.

The objective type examination shall be of 3 hours duration with one question paper containing 3 sections of Engineering Stream Section-I, Engineering Stream Section-II and General Ability Test Section-III. The Engineering Stream Section-I and Section-II would include 50 questions each and General Ability test Section-III would include 20 questions. However, there would be no separate time fixed for attempting the separate sections.

SECTION – I

1. Materials and components

Structure and properties of Electronic Engineering materials, Conductors, Semiconductors and Insulators, Magnetic, Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Superconducting materials. Passive components and characteristics, Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrites, Quartz crystal, Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.

2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs

Electrons and holes in semiconductors, Carrier Statistics, Mechanics of current flow in a semi-conductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, CTOs, power MOSFETs; Basics of ICs-bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; Basics of Opto Electronics.

3. Network theory

Network analysis techniques: Network theorem, transient and steady state sinusoidal response, and Transmission criteria: delay and rise time Elmore’s and other definition, effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

4. Electromagnetic Theory

Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, micro strip lines; Basics of waveguides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.

5. Electronic Measurements and instrumentation

Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working: analog and digital, comparison, characteristics, and applications. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non-electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity etc. Basics of telemetry for industrial use.

6. Power Electronics

Power Semiconductor devices, Thyristor, Power transistor, MOSFETs, Characteristics and operation. AC to DC converters; 1-Phase and 3-phase DC-to-DC Converters.

AC regulators. Thyristor controlled reactors, switched capacitor networks.

Inverters: Single-phase and 3-phase. Pulse width modulation. Sinusoidal modulation with uniform sampling. Switched mode power supplies.

SECTION-II

1. Analog Electronic Circuits

Transistor biasing and stabilization, Small Signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency response, Wide band techniques, Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators. Rectifiers and power supplies. Operational Amplifier, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.

2. Digital Electronic Circuits

Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean functions, Karnaugh Map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic circuits; Half adder, full adder; Digital Compartor; Multiplexer Demultiplexer; ROM and their applications. Flip-flops, R-S, J-K, D and T flip-flops; Different types of counters and registers; waveform generators. A/D and D/A convertors. Semiconductor memories.

3. Control Systems

Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity, Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins; Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol’s Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems, Compensators; Industrial controllers.

4. Communication systems

Basic information theory: Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstruction. Quantization & Coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalisation; Optical Communication: in free space & fiber optic; Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite communication.

5. Microwave Engineering

Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Waveguides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Microstrip circuits, Microwave antennas, Microwave Measurements, MASERS LASERS; Microwave Propogation. Microwave Communication Systems-terrestrial and satellite based.

6. Computer Engineering

Number Systems; Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C; use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture processor design; Control unit design; Memory organization. I/O System Organization. Personal computers and their typical uses.

7. Microprocessors

Microprocessor architecture – Instruction set and simple assembly language programming. Interfacing for memory and I/O. Applications of Microprocessors in Telecommunications and power system.

SECTION-III

General ability test

The candidate’s comprehension and understanding of General English shall be tested through simple exercises. Questions on knowledge of current events and of such matter of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. Questions will also be included on events and developments in Telecommunications, History of India and Geography. These will be of a nature, which can be answered without special study by an educated person.

Training For BSNL JTO Can be Taken in the following Institute:
ADDRESS:
28A/11, Jia sarai,Near IIT Delhi,
New Delhi-110016

Ms Vandana Agrawal
phone: 9811382221

Thanks
1st October 2011, 01:01 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

The notification for JTO-2011 is not published but it is expected to be published in
-Age Limit:
Telecommunication, Electronics, Radio, Computer, Electrical, Information Technology
for Telecom section
-B.E./B.Tech. degree in
-B.E./B.Tech. degree in
5th November 2011, 10:27 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

-Age Limit:
for Telecom section
-B.E./B.Tech. degree in
-B.E./B.Tech. degree in
14th December 2011, 09:10 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for BSNL JTO(Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited Junior Telecom Officers) exam. If you have the following eligibility

* Candidates should be the citizen of India
* Candidates should have age limit within 21 to 30 years.
* Candidates should have 33 years of age for OBC.
* Candidates should have 35 years of age for SC/ST.
* Final year candidates can also appear for this exam.
* Candidates should complete graduation from a recognized university.
* Backlogs are not allowed.
* Candidates should get 55% at graduation.

They should have any of the following courses:

1. Information Technology
2. Telecommunication
3. Computer
4. Electrical
5. Radio
6. Electrical

Best wishes
15th December 2011, 04:28 PM
abhisek.sonu

hello friend

-Age Limit:
for Telecom section
-B.E./B.Tech. degree in
-B.E./B.Tech. degree in
15th December 2011, 05:40 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
For BSNL JTO exam criteria:-

Books for preparation:-

Good Luck...................
15th December 2011, 07:12 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakthi vasanth View Post
sir,
i'm pursuing final year B.E(ECE).Can i write BSNL JTO exam. if i can write i request you to send me the date of exam and the exam pattern.With that tell me how to apply for that exam?
dear friend,

J.T.O. - Junior Telecom Officer.

Scale of Pay : 9850 - 14600

Age limit : must in between 21 to 30(date of application).

Last date of Receipt : 06.04.2009 ( in 2009)

Date of Examination : 21.06.2009

So from the above information it is clear that this examination is held in April is the last date of receipt and June is the date of examination.

For more details you can visit the official website of B.S.N.L. :
http://www.bsnl.co.in

good day.
15th December 2011, 07:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakthi vasanth View Post
sir,

DETAILS ABOUT BSNL JTO EXAM

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :

JTO-TELECOM

Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology or equivalent Engineering degree in any of the following disciplines from a recognized engineering college/university.

i. Telecommunication,
ii. Electronics,
iii. Radio,
iv. Computer,
v. Electrical.
vi. Information Technology

Final year student are eligible for JTO exam..

JTO-CIVIL

You must have Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology or equivalent in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institution/University.

JTO-ELECTRICAL

You must have Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology or equivalent in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution/University.

AGE LIMITATION:-

The maximum age for JTO exam is 30 years.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

NATIONALITY:-

Only Indian Citizen are applicable.

I have attached the syllabus for BSNL JTO exam .Please check it out.

For this year BSNL JTO exam date not announced yet.
Attached Files
File Type: doc BSNL JTO STLLABUS.doc(52.5 KB, 57 views)
15th December 2011, 07:18 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Bharat Sarkar Nigam Limited(BSNL) Junior Telecom Officers (JTO) exam.

Eligibility :

a) Nationality : Only Indian Nationals would be eligible to apply.

b) Educational Qualifications:

Applicant must possess as Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology or equivalent Engineering degree in one of the
i. Telecommunication,
ii. Electronics,
iii. Radio,
iv. Computer,
v. Electrical.

for more visit:www.bsnl.co.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?