7th March 2012, 11:25 AM
chandan ku panda

Am I eligible for CAT Exam having completed 12th class with 55% from NIOS Board?

sir i have completed my 12th with 55% in nios board and i am of general category so i am eligible or not for cat exam..

7th March 2012, 04:58 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Post Re: Am I eligible for CAT Exam having completed 12th class with 55% from NIOS Board?

CAT examination is conduct by IIM's institutes for admission in MBA courses in college.

Common Admission Test (CAT)

Minimum Eligibility to Appear for CAT Examination

1. Graduation in any discipline from recognized university

2. At least 50% marks in graduation.

3. Final year student can also apply.

you can apply only after completing your graduation.

you have done your 12th from NIOS.This will not create any problem as this is recognized board

12th marks are not criteria to applying in these examination but maintaining good marks is important.

In various college on the basis of CAT scores students are short listed for group discussion and interview.

if you score well in this exam you can take admission in good college after clearing group discussion and personal interview.

8th March 2012, 08:55 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT Exam having completed 12th class with 55% from NIOS Board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan ku panda View Post
sir i have completed my 12th with 55% in nios board and i am of general category so i am eligible or not for cat exam..

Sorry to say that after 12th standard you are not applicable for CAT exam.The minimum Qualification For CAT exam is Graduate.

So you can try to join in graduation degree after completion of your graduation degree you are applicable for CAT exam.

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.

Final year student of graduation are applicable for CAT exam .There is no age criteria for the Candidate.

The best institute for MBA course:-

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

Indian Institute of Management Calcutta

Indian Institute of Management Lucknow

Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode

Indian Institute of Management Indore

XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur

IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad

FMS – Faculty of Management Studies

NMIMS – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies

ISB – Indian School of Business Hyderabad

For more details about CAT exam , Click on the Link http://www.catiim.in/

26th March 2012, 03:20 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT Exam having completed 12th class with 55% from NIOS Board?

My training is start from 1january to 30 june in final year, am i eligible for cat exam.

28th May 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

I got the 48 % in 12th in cbse board.... Can i apply for cat exam?

13th January 2013, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

i m just persuing my 12th and after 12 i wil prepare for cat . at wat tym of period i wil be eligible to give dat exam ?

14th March 2013, 12:11 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
No,you will not be Eligible to appear in CAT(Common Admission Test) for taking Admission in MBA Course in IIM'S.

Eligibility Required for appearing in CAT Exam are :-

-->>You should be Graduation passed out in any discipline with 50%.
-->>In case you are from SC/ST Category then 45% Marks in Graduation required.
-->>If you will be in Final Year in Graduation,then also you will be Eligible to appear in this test.

Reservation of Seats in CAT Exam :-
  • 15% for Schedule Caste.
  • 7.5% for Schedule Tribe.
  • 27% for OBC.
  • 3% for Differently Abled.
Test Duration and Pattern :
  • Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation .
-->>Number of questions will be 30.
-->>Duration of exam will be 1 hour and 10 minutes.

• Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning .
-->>Number of questions will be 30.
-->>Duration of exam will be 1 hour and 10 minutes.

14th March 2013, 09:17 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NO, You are not eligible to apply for CAT after 12th as the minimum academic qualification to apply for CAT is Graduation in any stream.

CAT - Common Admission Test is an entrance exam conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to 2 years Post Graduation MBA(Mater of Business Administration) in IIMs and other reputed Business School.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University with 50% marks (45% marks for Reserved candidate). There is no upper age limit for application to CAT.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in

14th March 2013, 10:51 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

So sorry!!!!!!

You should be a graduate ,only then you will be eligible for CAT EXAM.

15th March 2013, 10:05 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
You are Eligible for CAT exam. CAT exam stands for common admission test.

CAT exam is conducted to take admission in MBA course.

you are 12th standard class students, you are not eligible for CAT exam.

CAT exam eligibility;-

----you must be passed graduate degree from a recognized university

---your graduation must consist 50% marks.

---you must be Indian citizen.

---final year candidates are also eligible.

CAT EXAM PATTERN;-

for more info;-
www.catiim.nic.in

15th March 2013, 04:58 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got the 48 % in 12th in cbse board.... Can i apply for cat exam?
Since you have just passed class 12th, so you are not Eligible to apply for the CAT exams.

CAT exams are conducted by IIM for admissions to its colleges.

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:
Verbal Ability
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation

6th April 2013, 06:42 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Firstly you have to know this that MBA is a postgraduate course which means only graduates can apply. So only after graduation you can apply for this exam. So first get a degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university then you can definitely sit for this exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This exam is conducted by the IIMs, one of the best in the business when it comes to studying MBA. CAT is also one of the best MBA Entrance Exam and the toughest to crack as well. The CAT Score can not only be used to study in IIM but also in other top B-Schools as well.

As mentioned earlier to study MBA you need to complete graduation first. The stream you choose is of little significance here. Even final year candidates who are about to sit for their final qualifying exam or awaiting the result of their final exam can also apply.

At graduation level you need to score at least 50% of marks in aggregate if you are a general category candidate. For the SC/ST/PWD Candidates the percentage to secure is 45% of marks in aggregate.

There is no age criteria to follow specifically. Therefore a candidate gets the freedom to choose the right time when he wants to sit for this examination. Much the same way it is totally upto him as to how many times he wants to give the exam because there is no restriction on the number of permissible attempts as well.

Usually the selection procedure varies from one institute to the other. While some prefers to let the students apart from sitting for the CAT exam go through a group discussion round and personal interview session. There are some institutes which even gives importance to overall academic background and work experience.

The written exam has following two sections:-

1. Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (70 minutes)-30 questions
2. Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning (70 minutes)-30 questions

Hope this helps :-> :->

7th April 2013, 01:43 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is irrelevant from which board you have completed 12th standard when applying for the Common Admission Test. But since you have asked the question I will point out that NIOS is also a recognized board therefore you dont really have to worry about it.

Apart from the 12th board, the marks obtained in 12th standard are also irrelevant when appearing for the Common Admission Test. This exam is conducted after completing graduation and not 12th standard.

The Common Admission Tes is conducted for the post graduation course called Master of Business Administration. Therefore the candidates who have only completed 12th standard are not eligible for this entrance exam.

You will first have to complete graduation in order to apply for the Common Admission Test. And your performance in graduation will determine whether you are eligible for Common Admission Test or not.

Eligibility

1. Must have completed graduation from recognized college.

2. At least 50 percent marks in graduation course.

3. SC and ST should complete graduation with minimum of 45 percent marks.

If you meet the criteria mentioned above, only then you are eligible for the Common Admission Test. This exam is conducted in October/November. The IIMs are responsible for conducting Common Admission Test.

Based on your performance in CAT you can apply for admission in Indian Institute of Management, the most reputed MBA university in the country. There are 13 IIMs in the country.

Apart from your performance in Common Admission Test, marks obtained in 12th standard may also be considered by the IIMs to offer admission. Selected candidates are called for Group Discussion which is followed by a interview.

10th April 2013, 10:32 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Chandan,

The acronym for CAT is Common Admission Test.

Common Admission Test(CAT) is a computer based test held in India.

The Indian Institutes of Management(IIMs) started this exam and use the test for selecting students for their business administration programs. The test is conducted every year by one of the IIM's based on a policy of rotation.

CAT examination is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs, Indian Institutes of Technology(IITs), Indian Institute of Science(IISc), National Institutes of Technology(NITs), Faculty of Management Studies(FMS) and few other institutions.

The eligibility criteria required for the CAT examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with 50% marks from any accredited board.

* 45% marks for SC/ST contenders.

* Age limit:- Age bar is not required.

* Nationality:- Indian.

17th July 2013, 06:38 PM
megayounus786

Quote:

CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2013 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2013) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.catiim.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.
Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.

Reservations

As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7½% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC).
For an updated central list of state-wise OBCs eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and information in respect of the creamy layer visit the website http://www.ncbc.nic.in. In case of NC-OBC category, the castes included in Central List (available at http://www.ncbc.nic.in/Centrallistifobc.html) of NC-OBC by the National Commission of Backward Classes, Government of India as on September 19, 2012 (Last day of registration) will be used. Any subsequent changes will not be effective for CAT2012.
As per the provision under section 39 of the PWD Act, 1995, 3% seats are reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates. The three categories of disability are: a) low-vision/blindness, b) hearing impairment, and c) locomotor disability/cerebral palsy. This provision is applicable if the candidate suffers from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40%, as certified by a medical authority as prescribed and explained in the said Act.
The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read the eligibility requirements carefully before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavour of IIMs that the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD/Non-Creamy OBC categories join the Programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the admission process. The candidates should read carefully the description of admission process followed by each IIM on their respective websites. No change in the category will be entertained after the closure of registration window; hence, the applicants are advised to give attention while registering.

Note for SC/ST, NC-OBC, and DA Candidates

If you belong to SC or ST categories, your caste/tribe must be listed in the Government of India schedule. The caste certificate that you send to IIM should be in the Government approved format and should clearly state: (a) Name of your caste/tribe; (b) Whether you belong to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe; (c) District and the State or Union Territory of your ordinary residence; and (d) the appropriate Government of India schedule under which your caste/tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe. A copy of the certificate must be sent to CAT Centre, C/O Admissions Office, Indian Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, IIM Kozhikode Campus P.O., Kunnamangalam, Kozhikode- 673 570, Kerala, INDIA. Mention the Voucher Serial Number on the certificate. Failure to produce a copy of the caste certificate will result in the rejection of your CAT registration.

The caste certificate must be shown and a photocopy enclosed at the time of interviews. Moreover, the caste certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.

If you belong to the Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC), you must produce the NC-OBC certificate duly signed by competent authority and enclose its photocopy at the time of interviews. Moreover, the certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs. Failure to do so during the post CAT selection process will result in you not being considered under the reserved category.

The DA certificate must be shown and a photocopy enclosed at the time of interviews. Moreover, the DA certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/

1st October 2013, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

I do my 10th and 12th with nios should I eligible for Ba Llb

3rd October 2013, 12:59 AM
ahad100

Sorry to say that after 12th standard you are not applicable for CAT exam.The minimum Qualification For CAT exam is Graduate.

So you can try to join in graduation degree after completion of your graduation degree you are applicable for CAT exam.

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.

Final year student of graduation are applicable for CAT exam .There is no age criteria for the Candidate.

The best institute for MBA course:-

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management Bangalore

Indian Institute of Management Calcutta

Indian Institute of Management Lucknow

Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode

Indian Institute of Management Indore

XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur

IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad

FMS – Faculty of Management Studies

NMIMS – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies

ISB – Indian School of Business Hyderabad

For more details about CAT exam , Click on the Link http://www.catiim.in/

3rd October 2013, 01:11 PM
ramajb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I do my 10th and 12th with nios should I eligible for Ba Llb
the candidate must hold of bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks or equvalent cgpa and for sc/st/pwd candidate 45% marks.

4th October 2013, 10:06 PM
ramajb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramajb View Post
the candidate must hold of bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks or equvalent cgpa and for sc/st/pwd candidate 45% marks.
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) or Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.

20th June 2016, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

I got 48% in 12th State Board but i'm now getting above 60% in past 2 years of graduation and now i'm in my final year. Am i eligible for CAT?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?