28th August 2017, 09:23 PM
bipan barman

Am I eligible to get job in IT sector being a 30 years old BCA student?

Sir/Mam, I doing BCA, 5th semester from Indra Gandhi national open university. Can I get valid for a job in the field of Information Technology? At least what is the maximum age for IT sector? Can you please guide me with the details? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities in Government sector for BCA student?
  2. Can I get job in IT sector being a distance BCA along with Networking Diploma student?
  3. How to get a government job after BCA with 70% in PCM
  4. Job Opportunities for me in Government sector and Private sector being a candidate having completed BCA course in the year of 2011? How to prepare for JTO Exam?
  5. Can I get job in IT Sector if secure 70% both in BCA and NIELIT Level-A having backlogs and academic gap?
  6. Am I eligible for jobs in private and government sectors after passing BCA in 6 years?
  7. Am I eligible to get a job after completing Graduation with BCA scoring 89% marks?
  8. Which are the certificate courses recommended for IT sector student during BCA for getting a good job in future? Best networking courses for me having less duration?
  9. List of jobs in government sector for BCA students? How to apply for the same?
  10. What should I prefer between private sector and government sector jobs? What are the job opportunities in government sector for BA student?
  11. How to get a job after completing BCA from IGNOU? I want to do a government job like Police, Banking Sector, Municipal Corporation sector
  12. Can I get a job in government sector after passing BCA and MCA from IGNOU?
  13. Can I get government job after 12 years of IT experience in private sector?
  14. Am I eligible to join IT Sector being a BCA student of SMU-DE and pursuing NIELIT Level-A?
  15. Job opportunities in Banking sector for BCA(H) graduate? -- [New]
  16. How to get a job in government sector after doing BCA from IGNOUR and B.Com from HNB university?
  17. Which is a better course for me after BCA? What should we do to get better jobs?
  18. Govt. jobs after BCA? Which sector? -- [Most Discussed]
29th August 2017, 10:24 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get job in IT sector being a 30 years old BCA student?

Yes, you are eligible to get a job in IT sector being a 30 years old BCA candidate. There is no maximum age limit to apply for jobs in IT sector. To get a job in IT sector, you should have good subject knowledge, programming skills and Communication skills. Since, you are pursuing BCA 5th semester, after completion of your BCA course, you are eligible to apply for jobs in IT sector.
29th August 2017, 10:50 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to get job in IT sector being a 30 years old BCA student?

In private sectors there will be no any age limit criteria for getting job. a candidate must have good technical knowledge to get a good job.
Academic gap should not be more than 2 years. Mainly, most of the companies will not allow that candidate which have more than 2 years of academic gap.
A candidate must have minimum 55% of marks in throughout academics to get a good job in IT sector.
30th August 2017, 06:42 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for applying the jobs in information technology sector because there is no age limit for the IT sector jobs. The full details are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have done their graduation level degree or equivalent degree in related stream with minimum 60% from any recognized university.
- The minimum percentage varies based on the company. Some reputed companies ask 75% and few companies ask 50%. This varies from company to company.
- There is no minimum and maximum age limit.
- There should no current backlogs. The minimum backlogs varies based on the company.
- Study gaps are accepted if they could a particular valid reason for it, this rule changes from company to company.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?