2nd July 2012, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give GPSC Exam after completion of Engineering course?

hello ,
I am a degree engineering student.Can i give gpsc exam after complating my degree.

2nd July 2012, 03:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give GPSC Exam after completion of Engineering course?

Gujarat Public Service Commission which also means GPSC is conductedby Gujarat state government. There are certain requirements to appear in this exam.

1. You must be Indian Citizen

2. You need to have graduation degree in any discipline. This also answers your question. Engineering studends are eligible to appear in GPSC exam as long as you have passed Engineering from a recognized university.

3. Your age should be between 21 to 28.

For SC and ST candidates the upper age limit gets 5 years relaxation.

Women cadidates from SC and ST gets 10 years relaxation while 5 years for women belonging to general category.

Number Of Attempts Allowed -

General Category candidates gets 4 attempts to clear the exam.

Other Backward Class (OBC) and PH candidates gets 7 attempts.

There is no limit for the SC and ST students. They can appear in the exam as many times as they want.

GPSC exam is conducted in three parts.

1. Preliminary Test

2. main exam

3. Physical Tests
2nd July 2012, 04:51 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give GPSC Exam after completion of Engineering course?

GPSC stands for Gujarat Public Service Commissions.

>Its taken to recruit people for post I, II and III in government sectors.

>The minimum qualification is to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age limit:- 21-28 years.

There is age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC categories.

The exam is mainly objective type and contains technical questions and covers subject knowledge mainly gujarat and english. There will be a descriptive paper as well.

If you get selected then you will be called for the personal interview session.

Refer to the pdf attached to know more about the question pattern.

For more details and advertisement please refer to the website: www.gpsc.gujarat.gov.in/
2nd July 2012, 09:19 PM
RAM JADAVKUMAR

Yes, you are eligible to gpsc exam.graduation completed student is any eligible to gpsc exam,and mamlatdar,dysp,deputy officer in district level class 1 & class 2 officer involed in gpsc exam.
3rd July 2012, 01:25 AM
Uttam Nandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello ,
I am a degree engineering student.Can i give gpsc exam after complating my degree.

Gujarat Public Service Commission is responsible for recruiting suitable candidates for several posts in Govt. of Gujarat. As long as you are a student of degree course, you need not to worry about your eligibility in this criteria. Even if you are a engineering student, you can write all competitive examination which require a degree. GPSC also conducts a competitive test for class I/II post in Gujarat service of Engineering(civil). Take a look at the general eligibility criteria:
  • Degree in any discipline from a UGC recognised university.
  • Age criteria varies one post to another. See notification or advertisement for particular post to know exact age limit. However, relaxation in age is given to deserved candidates.
  • SC/ST, socially and educationally caste of Gujarat, general category women get 5 years of relaxation in maximum age limit.
  • Reserved category candidates get upto 10 years of relaxation. In any case, age should not exceed 45 years.
  • Those who are already government employee would not get any relaxation in the age limit.
Examinations are taken in several stages like preliminary, mains, physical test, interview. Notification regarding vacancy in a particular post and recruitment details in advertised on all the leading Gujarati, English newspaper and in Gujarat Rojgar Samachar. Application is gettable from the office of the commission. For further enquiry/lastest news you should refer to the official site of GPSC.
10th July 2012, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

hello i am B.E Student....can i give exam of GPSC During B.E/Before B.E complete?
17th July 2012, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

which course is valid for basic computer knowledge in commercial tax inspector exam class-3 in GPSC?
I complete MS OFFICE and TALLY its is valid for GPSC exam?
20th September 2012, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

ihave completed by engineering in maharastra university so can i apply for gpsc i am from gujarat .
23rd November 2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

plz guys say me abt same information about gpsc peper nd subject?
29th November 2012, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

I'm in class 12th science n in last semester..i want to give exam of GPSC..can i give this exam after complete my engineering?? 4 Which jobs there are GPSC clear complsary?
3rd December 2012, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

I'm in class t.y bsc micro n in last semester.can i give this exam in this year? Bcz my birthdate is 3 june(1992)..
22nd February 2013, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

oppurtunity for computer engineers after passing gpsc?
Also which subject should i select with respect to my education?
13th August 2013, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

hello , i want to give gpsc exam...
i completed my b.e. in computer engineering.
& my master of engineering is continue. i will be passed in july-2014.
so at which date gpsc will be conducted.
& in which flow i have to study.
please reply.
thank u...!
23rd June 2015, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Computer engineers are allow for gpsc exam?
There syllabus is change for it?
14th July 2016, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

After completion of bsc external from Karnataka state university, can I give gpsc exam??
19th July 2018, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

I am eligible to give GPSC exam after completion of 2nd year engineering degree and final year running?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?