17th June 2012, 12:17 AM
Roma84

Am I eligible to give UPSC Exam at the age of 38 years being a state Government Employee?

Can I appear for UPSC exam at an age of 38 years? I have a job in Bihar Kshetriya Gramin Bank. Please suggest. What is the age limit(General) for state government employee to apply UPSC exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Can any government employee give IPS entrance test? What is the age relaxation and age limit for Government Employee?
  2. Is a state government employee aged 43 eligible for Group I exam?
  3. Minimum age required for a Central Government Employee to be eligible for UPSC Exam?
  4. Can I get a job in any central government department? I am a retired AP state employee
  5. Am I eligible for SSC combined graduate level exam if I am central government employee? Is the maximum age limit 32 or 35 years? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I get age relaxation for Bank PO and Clerk Exams being a candidate of General category and Government Employee from January 2006?
  7. What is the upper age limit for Tamilnadu State Government Employee
  8. Age relaxation in Central government job being 30 years old State government employee?
  9. Can a central government employee give JMFC exam and be a Judge?
  10. What is the age limit for state government employee for MPSC entrance exam?
  11. Best and result oriented IAS coaching centres in Kalyan and Dombivalli?
  12. Jobs for which I am eligible in central/state government after B.E ECE? Details about the exam and date of exam?
  13. Is UPSC exam enough for getting a government job in Mechanical and Civil Engineering field? -- [New]
  14. Is a child of Rajasthan state government employee who is posted in Rajasthan for last 20 years eligible for RPMT?
  15. Clarification regarding UPSC prelims 2015 age limit
  16. Is it mandatory for a candidate to be a resident of Rajastan to apply for Rajastan PMT?
  17. What is the procedure to Join Indian Army for a Commerce student?
  18. Am I eligible to give Government and Bank Exams being a candidate with an age of 34 years?
20th June 2012, 01:02 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give UPSC Exam at the age of 38 years being a state Government Employee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma84 View Post
Can I appear for UPSC exam at an age of 38 years? I have a job in Bihar Kshetriya Gramin Bank. Please suggest. What is the age limit(General) for state government employee to apply UPSC exam.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts various examination and the age limit for each of them varies. However, for examinations like Civil Service Exam, Engineering Service Exam etc. the maximum age limit for candidates belonging to General Category is Thirty Years. The maximum age limit is relaxed upto Five years for ex-serviceman of Central Government but as you have mentioned that your a State Government Employee, you won't be considered eligible to get any kind of relaxation in the maximum age limit.
At the age of 38 years, being a candidate from General Category and state government employee, you won't be considered eligible for the examinations conducted by Union Public Service Commission. However, for further information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
23rd June 2012, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to give UPSC Exam at the age of 38 years being a state Government Employee?

can i give UPSCexam at the age of 20?
24th June 2012, 01:40 AM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i give UPSCexam at the age of 20?

Age limits :

The candidate should be between 21 Yrs and 30 Yrs of age on 1st August of the Year of Examination.
  • General Category For 30 Yrs.
  • Other Backward Caste for 33 Yrs.
  • Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes 35 yrs.(SC/ST)
  • The candidate Should have a Graduate degree from a Recognized University Or Equivalent Qualification.
More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in

4th July 2012, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

I am 32 year, central government employee can I attand IAS exame
5th July 2012, 09:22 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
UPSC conducts many exam like
Civil service exam.
Indian Police Service.
Indian Forest Service

The eligibility criteria for this exam are as follows.....

AS you are 38 yrs you can not Apply for this exam.

Good luck.......
5th July 2012, 12:19 PM
cenahlr

hi,

Eligibility criteria for UPSC Examinations:-

Nationality:- The candidate must be the citizen of India to apply for the Indian Administrative Service & Indian Police Service.

Age Limit: - The candidate should be minimum 21 years of age for applying and the maximum age limit to apply for the UPSC Exams is 29 years.

Educational Qualification: - The candidate should have a degree completed from any of the institutes established by an Act of Parliament or any University deemed by the University Grant Commission under section 3, Act, 1956. The candidates with a degree from any of the recognized universities can apply for the UPSC Exams.

Number of attempts: - Every eligible candidate is allowed to attempt the Civil Services Examination four times.
for more;
upsc.gov.in
5th July 2012, 12:30 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

Eligibility criteria for UPSC Examinations:-

Nationality:- The candidate must be the citizen of India to apply for the Indian Administrative Service & Indian Police Service.

Age Limit: - The candidate should be minimum 21 years of age for applying and the maximum age limit to apply for the UPSC Exams is 29 years.

Educational Qualification: - The candidate should have a degree completed from any of the institutes established by an Act of Parliament or any University deemed by the University Grant Commission under section 3, Act, 1956. The candidates with a degree from any of the recognized universities can apply for the UPSC Exams.

Number of attempts: - Every eligible candidate is allowed to attempt the Civil Services Examination four times.
for more-
upsc.gov.in
9th July 2012, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

I AM 32 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE COMPLETED B.COM(H) & CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY. I WANT TO JOIN ANY ADMINISTRATIVE POST IN GOVERNMENT. CAN ANYONE PLEASE PROVIDE ME THE DETAIL OF OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE TO ME BOTH IN CENTRAL & STATE GOVERNMENT SERVICES. I BELONG TO DELHI & FOR LAST 7 YEARS I AM RESIDING IN GHAZIABAD.
8th September 2012, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

I am primary teacher in state government school .my age is 36 years and I belongs to SC category.Can I appear for UPRC exam ?
15th September 2012, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

My date of birth is 15.4.81 and from obc category. Can i appear in 2014 civil services exam ?
27th September 2012, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

i m 38 now ,can i appeared for civil services exam 2013. i belong to sc category?
28th September 2012, 03:24 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma84 View Post
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for any exam conducted by U.P.S.C because you are over age.
You have to continue you govt job in state govt.

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
28th May 2013, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

sir i am sc candidate at age of 31 and government employe of rajsthan.what i can get its csat 14 exam
17th August 2013, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

i am 38 year oid ras officer belonging schedule cast.am ieligible for ias exam
20th August 2013, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

I am 33 years old, I am a Railway Employee. Can i eligible to give UPSC Exams.
20th August 2013, 09:34 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

hello

to appear for civil service upsc exam one has to reach its eligibility criteria which says

1)age limit=minimum of 21 years and maximum of 30 years

2)relaxation age limit for categories like sc/st/obc/ex-servicemen/PH

-SC/st/Ex -servicemen= 5 years
-obc=3 years
-ph=10 years

3)candidate must be medically fit and fine

4)educational qualification=minimum qualification required is bachelor degree from a recognized university

-candidate must have clear in all the subjects.

5)nationality =indian

6)number of times to attempt the exam=

-sc/st=no bar
-obc=7 times
-ph=7 times
-general=4 times

to clear the exam is not as easy.you need give your efforts to get the results.right

"Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible."

good luck

thank you
16th December 2013, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for any railway exam my age is 38 years
1st May 2014, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

My age 36 yrs , I am railway employee can I eligible for upsc irps exam
10th May 2014, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

I am a state govt. PSU employee and OBC Community aged 34 Years should I get age relaxation to apply central PSU
17th October 2014, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

hi am working in IT industry my age is 32 general category.kindly let me know if i can apply for any category of govt jobs
6th December 2019, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

I am bc category , my age is 36 year ,if I'm eligible for upsc
4th February 2021, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

I am state gov employi, my age is 38,can i elegilble to mpsc & upsc exam????
15th June 2022, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

My DOB is 24june 1986.presently I am doing govt job as T GT (Arts) High school teacher in H. P. State govt job. I belong SC category. Can I get age relaxation on the basis of state employe. Please give me answer. Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?