20th June 2011, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS after passing bachelor degree in Computer application?

dear sir i pass my degree in bacholar of computer application
is i am eligible for i.a.s

21st June 2011, 12:04 AM
venkatgct

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS after passing bachelor degree in Computer application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
friend,

YES!!! u are eligible for appearing in the civil services examination.

the general criteria:

1. must be a graduate

2. must be between 21 and 30 years of age

3. SC/ST candidates have 5 years age relaxation.

regards
21st June 2011, 12:07 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS after passing bachelor degree in Computer application?

Quote:
Yes, You are Eligible to apply for IAS examination.

The Examination is conducted by UPSC And to become a IAS Officer, You need to appear for UPSC Civil services examination, The examination was held 2 times in a year. And to apply for this examination, you need to purse a graduate degree examination from a recognized University.

So, If your age should between 21 To 30 Years, Then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services examination to become a IAS Officer.

The Notification of this examination was published in the employment Newspaper OR in the Official website of UPSC in the month of February. For this year examination you cant apply because the last date of apply for UPSC Civil services examination was already Over.

So, If you have missed the chance in this year, then you can apply for this examination next year, Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online By visit the UPSC official website.

The General Candidates may apply for this examination only 4 times. And there will be no relaxation on Age for General Candidates in this examination, The application form are also available in the Various Designated Post Offices, So you can also obtained the form from there. There will be two examination - Preliminary Examination and Main examination. The preliminary examination are totally Objective type and after clear the preliminary examination, you are eligible for Main examination and if you have clear the Main examination and Interview then you will become a IAS Officer.

So, If you are Interested to get complete information regarding IAS examination OR UPSC Civil services examination, then please visit the official website OR Read the given notification -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng_2.pdf(346.2 KB, 54 views)
21st June 2011, 10:02 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes absolutely you are Eligible to Apply for Indian Administrative Service(IAS).

Indian Administration Service Examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

Any Eligible Candidate can Apply for Civil Service Examination,Only thing the should have a graduate degree.So you have a graduate degree so definitely you are Eligible to Apply.

The age should be 21 - 30 yrs of age on August 1st of the year of Examination and Relaxation as per Govt.rules.

The Notification was available in the Official website of UPSC in the month of January - February.

So,this year Examination was already over on 12/June/11.So you can Apply for this examination next year.....

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
21st June 2011, 12:57 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
yes, my friend you are eligible for IAS exam..
As you have mention that you are doing Bachelor of computer application then after completion of your graduation you can appear in IAS ....
one thing you have to be noticed that your age must be in between 21-30 years..
because the criteria is-
*you must be a bachelor degree holder
*your age should be in between 21-30 years..
all the best..
21st June 2011, 02:53 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

Yes, you are eligible to give IPS exam. Minimum qualification for appearing in IAS exam is graduation from any recognised university from india.

This exam is conducted by UPSC ever year. Please go ahead. All the best to you.

Regards,

Ramjash
21st June 2011, 06:43 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

Yes , you are eligible for the IAS exam as you have the bachelor's degree with you.

Apart from that , a candidate must be within 21-30 years for the general , 21-35 years for the SC/ST , 21-33 years for the OBC.

You must now give the CSAT before applying for the mains.

In case of no. of attempts , it is 4 for the general , 7 for the OBC , unlimited for the SC/ST.

More details :- www.upsc.gov.in.

Thanks.
23rd June 2011, 09:47 AM
kartavya99

Quote:
yes you are eligible for i.e.s.
29th June 2011, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

am i eligtible for IAS aftr passing bachelor of degree in open university
5th July 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for ias after passing bachelor of business administration(b.b.a.)
20th July 2011, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

can i am elgible for writing ias after b.com?
23rd July 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

is BCA is a Under Graduate Degree like B. Sc., B. Tech, B.A. etc
31st January 2012, 05:51 PM
selva786

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IAS after passing bachelor degree in Computer application?

Quote:

Yes,you can eligible for IAS exam after the completion of BCA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?