30th June 2013, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for JEE mains after scoring 49.2% marks in 12th standard

Sir, unfortunatly i scored only 49.2% in 12 standard but i want to do engineering and i am thinking for Nios board.
Sir, Please tell what will be better for me and what must be done by me?

22nd May 2015, 07:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for JEE mains after scoring 49.2% marks in 12th standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, unfortunatly i scored only 49.2% in 12 standard but i want to do engineering and i am thinking for Nios board.
Sir, Please tell what will be better for me and what must be done by me?
No, 12th standard candidates with 46% marks are eligible for JEE Mains exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Mains exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
23rd May 2015, 12:37 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for JEE mains after scoring 49.2% marks in 12th standard

# It is very sorry to say that with 49% marks in intermediate you are not eligible to appear for JEE Examination.

# As minimum required percentage marks in 10+2 standard is 50% marks in aggregate in subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.

# Only a ray of hope is viable if you belong to any reserved category then you are required only 45% marks in 10+2. As there is provision of relaxation in percentage of marks obtained by 5% for SC and ST category.

# If you do not belong to any reserved category, then you have no possibility of eligibility for concerned examination.

# Only option at this stage for you that you should go for engineering course from any private engineering college.

# Another option for you go for further study in other field as per your choice.

# One more option is that go for competitive examinations generally held for candidate possessing educational qualification of 10+2.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?