16th December 2014, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS?

Hello
I WANT TO KNOW THAT IS A PERSON QUALIFIED FOR B.TECH
IN IIT AFTER 12 FROM NIOS?
PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

17th December 2014, 04:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS?

Yes, you can get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech course after completion of your 12th standard from NIOS board. But, to get admission in IIT, you need to appear for JEE Main and JEE Advanced examination. To be eligible to appear for JEE Main examination, you must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with minimum of five subjects from a recognised Central/ State/ NIOS board. To be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced examination, you must have qualified JEE Main examination and you must be in top 1,50,000 rankers of JEE Main examination and you must be in top 20 percentile of high scorers of your 12th board examinations. After qualifying JEE Advanced examination, based upon your rank, you can get admission in IIT for pursuing your B.Tech course.
17th December 2014, 05:32 PM
Inflammable

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS?

For studying B.Tech in IIT, a candidate must have to qualify in JEE Advanced. JEE Advanced is the only way for admission in IIT. Candidates who have appeared in JEE Mains Paper-I is eligible to appear in JEE Advanced. Only 1.5 lacs JEE Mains qualified students, based on their ranks would be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced. Candidates must secure 50% aggregate in 12th or equivalent and 50% individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to apply for JEE Mains. 12th appearing candidates are also eligible to appear in JEE Mains.
So, students of 12th NIOS are also eligible to study B.Tech in IIT but through JEE Advanced. For JEE Advanced, a candidate must qualify in JEE Mains Paper-I with eligibility norms. I have attached an Information Brochure of JEE Mains and Advanced. There you will get each and every information regarding this examination.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Information Brochure of JEE Mains & Advanced.pdf(7.37 MB, 190 views)
17th December 2014, 11:54 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get an admission in IIT's even you are a student from NIOS. But, to get an admission, you have clear both JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams. First, you have to register for JEE mains by visiting the following link
http://jeemain.nic.in

JEE Main and Advanced Exam Syllabus:-
The syllabus for JEE Main and Advanced Exam is the syllabus, which you have already completed in your intermediate. This exam includes the following subjects.
1)Physics
2)Chemistry
3)Mathematics

If you can get a Rank, which was 1,50,000 then you will be Eligible to appear in JEE Advanced Exams
31st August 2015, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Is syllabus of cbse or nios same my optional subject is physical education.
1st September 2015, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Can a student passed from NIOS board get admission in UPES Dehradun for btech courses....
6th July 2016, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

I want admission in b tech in ongc dehradun upes because I am 12th passed by NIOS bosrd
14th October 2016, 09:16 PM
Birendra chauhan

Yes, you can get !
To get into IIT, board doesn't impact matter. you need 75% in your 12th exam with "math physics and chemistry". A dream called IIT.
There is only need of talent and Hard Work " Board doesn't keep matter. After passing 12th you can apply for IIT JEE .
13th May 2017, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12th with up board. Can I get more chance for iit entrance with nios board? Please reply me
15th May 2017, 10:17 AM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed 12th with up board. Can I get more chance for iit entrance with nios board? Please reply me
No. You can get only maximum of three chances to apply for IIT JEE examination.
First while appearing in 12th standard and next two after completion of 12th.

As far as NIOS board is concerned, it is a reputed institution for distance learning programme.
NIOS(National Institute for Open Schooling) is affiliated to ministry of Human Resource Development of India.
11th June 2018, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

A candidate has passed with 67 percentage marks from West Bengal higher secondary board IN 12TH CLASS.but he is not able to score 75 percent marks to pursue jee main advanced.In this situation he wants to get admitted into 12th class of nios for improvement to obtain satisfactory marks not only to sit for iit exam, but also for self-satisfaction and betterment of future.Will he be eligible to enroll in nios. If not, is there any means to fulfill his ambition of cracking iit. Please help me with genuine information.
11th June 2018, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Can a XII PCMB passed students apply for NEET FOR MEDICAL
8th December 2019, 01:33 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in any college across India
NIOS is a recognised board you will have to score good marks in order to get admission in a good College
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?