28th August 2019, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join any of the IITs after completing Diploma course?

I have done a 3 years regular full time Diploma course and scored 64.86% in the final exams. I belong to Schedule Tribe caste category. Am I eligible to join any of the IITs if I clear the JEE Main examination? Will I get direct 2nd year admission?

31st August 2019, 07:02 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join any of the IITs after completing Diploma course?

Diploma in Engineering candidates are eligible for Joint Entrance Examination for admission in Indian Institute of Technology. You can not get direct admission in 2nd year of Bachelor of Technology.

Diploma candidates can get admission in IITs after securing good rank in JEE Advanced examination. You must have minimum of 60% marks in diploma in engineering.
31st August 2019, 09:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join any of the IITs after completing Diploma course?

Diploma candidates are eligible to apply for Joint Entrance Examination for admission in Indian Institute of Technology for Bachelor of Technology course.

To apply for JEE exam, you must have at least 60% marks in diploma. You must have done diploma from a regular institute. You can not get direct admission in 2nd year of engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?