15th April 2017, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join merchant navy with PCB subjects in 12th standard?

Am I eligible to join merchant navy with PCB subjects in 12th standard? What is the minimum criteria followed? Can you please give me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer on the same. Thank you!

15th April 2017, 06:48 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy with PCB subjects in 12th standard?

To join merchant navy, candidate must have passed 12th class Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

Candidate should be an Indian and unmarried.

The age of applicants should be in between 19 to 23 years.

As per your Physics, Chemistry And Biology subjects you are quite eligible oin merchant navy.

OTHER PHYSICAL CRITERIA

Eye Sight - 6/6,
Height-167 cm,
Weight: 50 gm
Chest: 77 cm
15th April 2017, 08:10 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy with PCB subjects in 12th standard?

No, you are not eligible for merchant navy with PCB in 12th standard. You should have PCM in 12th standard for merchant navy.
Other than above mentioned educational eligibility, you must have to fulfill the below given criteria:
You should be unmarried.
You should have to qualify the entrance exam, interview and finally you have to complete the training.
15th April 2017, 08:59 PM
mrdangerous
Member+

As you complete your 12th with physics, chemistry and Biology subjects so it is not possible to you to join Merchant Navy.

Eligibility criteria:

> You must complete your 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

> Age should not more than 20 years.

> Age relaxation of 5 years is given to Sc / St category.

> You must have normal eyesight of 6/6.

> You must be an Indian citizen.
15th April 2017, 09:02 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required for Merchant Navy is plus two Physics and Mathematics with 60% marks and English 10th and 12th with minimum 50% marks in it. As you are not having mathematics in your plus 2. So you are not eligible for merchant navy.
15th April 2017, 09:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy entrance exam:

Those candidates who have passed their 12th or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics from Central / state board or recognised school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam and age should be below 20 years.

According to the eligibility criteria you are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam.
15th April 2017, 10:34 PM
Srinivasaraovk
Member+

The eligibility to join merchant navy 12th Standard with PCM (Physics , Chemistry, Mathematics) and candidates should be unmarried male or female indian citizens.

In your case you completed 12th Standard with PCB subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology). So, you are not eligible to do Merchant Navy course.KE
15th April 2017, 11:16 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to get admission to join merchant navy with PCB subjects in 12th standard. The required eligibility criteria are given below.

ELIGIBILITY CRIETRIA

=> Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics chemistry and Mathematics.

=> The age of candidate must be in between 19 to 23 years.
21st April 2017, 01:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to join merchant navy with PCB subjects in 12th standard? What is the minimum criteria followed? Can you please give me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer on the same. Thank you!
No, you are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam because your 12th standard subject is not mathematics.

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?