15th June 2011, 12:56 AM
ritu26

Am I eligible to join Technical Department in IAF after doing MCA and BSc in computer science?

I am done with Masters in Computer Applications(MCA) and B.Sc (Computer Science). Am I eligible to join Technical Department in IAF,as format has been changed to AFCAT now.
Please do reply as soon as possible. This is very urgent.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility required to join in technical department of Indian Navy? I am a BSc computer science graduate student
  2. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  3. How can I join B.ed in computer science after completing BSc computer science, MCA? Am I eligible after completing MCA, M.Phil but not MSc?
  4. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
  5. Which IAF entrance exams i can appear with Diploma qualification in Computer Science? -- [New]
  6. How to apply for admission in CSJM university? I want private admission B.A II year in Kanpur University
  7. Job in Technical branch in IAF? Am I eligible for it?
  8. Am i eligible for IAF? I am doing my UG in Biomedical science
  9. Can I join CBI after BSc Computer Science? What subjects to choose and procedure to join CBI?
  10. Career Options available in USA for Indian Dentists? Which course is better for me between Hospital Management and Oral Health Research?
  11. What to do after bsc in computer science? MSc or MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  13. Completed MCA after BSc in Computer Science Honors : Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in Computer Science?
  14. Is MCA ME eligible for Assistant professor in an Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering
  15. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in computer science after completing MCA from PTU?
  16. What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?
  17. What is the procedure for a girl to apply for IAF? I have finished B.Tech in computer science stream
  18. Am I eligible to do MS in computer science after finishing MCA or MBA? I have finished BSc Computer Science
16th June 2011, 10:25 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Technical Department in IAF after doing MCA and BSc in computer science?

No you will not be eligible for the same. As per the advertisement only candidates who have completed engineering in aeronautical (electronics/mechanical) can apply. You can however apply for jobs as ground staff, flying branch. You must also have the minimum marks required. You can visit the website for details.
17th June 2011, 12:02 PM
sachin6

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Technical Department in IAF after doing MCA and BSc in computer science?

Ya you can do this. Age limit is 21 to 30years.
3rd July 2011, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

to get a computer software related job after mca,what is the criteria for the same?
9th July 2011, 05:07 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to join Technical Department in IAF after doing MCA and BSc in computer science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritu26 View Post
I am done with Masters in Computer Applications(MCA) and B.Sc (Computer Science). Am I eligible to join Technical Department in IAF,as format has been changed to AFCAT now.
Please do reply as soon as possible. This is very urgent.
No you are not eligible to apply for the Technical Branch of the
Indian Air Force. Only the candidates having degree in engineering
are eligible to apply for the Technical branch in Indian Air force.
You can apply for the flying branch and the ground duty branches.

For the flying branch and the ground duty branch a candidate should be
graduate in any discipline and should have physics and maths at 10+2.
You can apply for both of the branches of Indian Air force through
Combined Defence service examination and through Air force common
admission test.

For more information on both of the branches of Indian Air force i.e
Flying Branch and the Ground duty branch visit at the below web site
of Indian Air force.
http://careerairforce.nic.in
9th July 2011, 06:11 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

no you are not eligible for Technical Department in IAF after doing MCA and BSc in computer science.

to join in the Technical Department in IAF BE/B.Tech is essentially required.

the engineering department those are eligible for IAF is given below

EC,ME,EE.EI,CIVIL, etc.

all the best........
9th July 2011, 11:51 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
The eligibility criteria for technical department in IAF-
1.you must have physics or maths in your 12th as your main subject..

2.you have to secure 60%aggregate in all over your graduation in aeronautical engineering(electronics/mechanical)...

3.your age should be in between 18-28years..

if you fulfill the criteria then you can apply for IAF..
All the best...
21st July 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

why the non science background students are not eligible for flying section?when no knowledge of physics and mathematics are needed to fly a aircraft.its just a matter of good training and practice.
17th October 2011, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am studying M.Sc.Integrated 4th year, Computer science. now can I apply and join to IAF?(I don't know about the position for PG courses(except Tech/Non-Tech. Department in IAF)) M.Sc.Integrated is the 5year course PG).
Thank You,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?