9th July 2012, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?

I have selected bsc computer science for doing graduation..
I want to know about the scope in this field and salary packages offer.
What is better after doing bsc computer science - MCA or MSc.
Can I also do MBA..then what is the scope after this.???
Please give me all the information in detail???

Related Questions:
21st July 2012, 05:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?

Higher studies after B.Sc Computer Science will be much suitable to build up a lucrative career path. Both MCA and M.Sc Computer science will be suitable for you. After completion of these courses, you can find jobs with salary packages around Rs. 20, 000/- per month. Junior Programmer, technical Assistant, etc are some of the job profiles after B.Sc computer science. Entry level salary packages to these jobs ranges between Rs. 5000/- and Rs. 10,000/- per month.
21st July 2012, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?

Wats d scope at present in bsc science computer n in future
21st July 2012, 08:14 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Scope of B.Sc Computer Science :

Education Career :

MCA
MBA
B.Ed
M.Sc

Job Career :

Bank Jobs
Groups
IAS
UPSC
CBI
SAIL
BHEL
AAI
FCI
NTPC
Infosys
Wipro
Mahindra Sathyam
TCS
HCL
21st July 2012, 08:21 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
B.Sc in Computer Science is a under graduate course related to the Information Technology therefore the job opportunity after completing B.Sc are mainly in the IT sector. The IT sector in India is expanding rapidly therefore there is always requirement of under graduates in the Computer Science course in the following fields by the top IT companies in India:

System integrator

Hardware Designer

Logic Designer

Systems Analyst

System Administrator

Computer programmer

Computer Scientist

As regard to your question about which is better M.Sc in Computer Science or MCA. As per the industry trend there is more requirement for the MCA candidates in IT industry comparing to M.Sc in Computer Science. However this does not mean that you should not consider M.Sc in Computer Science.

It really depends on what field you would like to go for. For example if you are looking to go in following fields there is more chance for you with M.Sc degree then MCA.

Artificial Intelligence

Wireless Communication

information security

VSLI/Embedded Systems

Robotics

You also have the option to apply for lecturer job in government colleges by clearing the UGC-NET exam. You should consider M.Sc if teaching field is your priority.

MCA option is more attractive if the fields you are interested in are following. Because there is more scope in these fields with Masters in Computer Applications degree.

Web Development

Software Development

Database Administration

Hardware and Networking

You can also apply for MBA but do so only if you are interested in management role rather than technical job. Most IT companies have jobs for MBA degree holders. You will have to appear in one of several MBA exams to get admission in college. The most popular are CAT and MAT.

Since CAT include some of the top MBA institutions in India, if you have scored at least 50 percent marks in B.Sc I would recommend you to go for CAT exam. In other case there is no option for you but to appear in MAT exam.
21st July 2012, 09:12 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

Higher studies after B.Sc Computer Science will be much suitable to build up a lucrative career path. Both MCA and M.Sc Computer science will be suitable for you. After completion of these courses, you can find jobs with salary packages around Rs. 20, 000/- per month. Junior Programmer, technical Assistant, etc are some of the job profiles after B.Sc computer science. Entry level salary packages to these jobs ranges between Rs. 5000/- and Rs. 10,000/- per month.
24th July 2012, 06:54 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Scope of B.Sc Computer:

*M.Sc

*B.Ed

*M.C.A(Master of Computer Applications)

*M.B.A(Master of Business Administrative)

so After doing computer science,MCA,M.Sc some of job career Opportunities:

IT Companies:

*Computer Scientist

*System Administrator

*Logic Designer

*Hardware Designer

*System Intergrator

*Computer Programer

Other Job Career:

*Bank Jobs

*SAIL

*BHEL

*Infosys

*Wipro

*Mahindra Sathyam

*TCS

*HCL

*AAI

*Groups

*IAS

*UPSC

*CBI
30th July 2012, 01:22 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Scope after completion of B.Sc:-

MBA(Master of Business Application),

MCA(Master of Computer Applications),

B.Ed(Bachelor of Education),

M.Sc(Master of Science).

Job career:-

Bank jobs,

Defence services like CDS,

IAS or IPS,

Groups,

CBI,

NTPC,

Wipro,

Infosys,

BHEL,

BSNL,

FCI,

SAIL,

AAL,

HCL,

Mahindra Infotech,

TCS,

All the best.
4th November 2012, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

I am com. My 12th & i have no idea what i do. I am very confuse, what can i do bsc by cs or it. In which field batter job scope & batter sallery packej. Which field is batter it or cs in future in india & abroad to get job
31st December 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

can i do m.tech after bsc(comp sci)
31st December 2012, 11:39 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?

Hi,

A Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a postgraduate degree in computer application awarded in India.

It is a three year (6 semester) course.

The students entering MCA must have a bachelor degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects at higher secondary or graduation.

Following companies are as :
CBI,

NTPC,

Wipro,

Defence services like CDS,

IAS or IPS,

MCA has great field.

Cool...
2nd January 2013, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

can we do computer engg after bcs..?
21st January 2013, 04:04 AM
Unregistered

what are the future prospects of BsCS?
2nd February 2013, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

how to get a B.sc admission?
2nd February 2013, 11:53 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,
If you like the stream then B.Sc in computer science could be a good stream for you. It is comparatively a new Science Stream but it provides good carrier options.
Big companies like TCS, CTS, BIPRP etc. every year looks for the fresh Computer Science Graduates. In these companies the salary me vary but the provide good salary.

If you want to go in technical field then you should choose MCA after B.Sc or if you want to in the academic or if you are interested in Research or development then M.Sc in computer Science should be the best one.

And after completing Graduation you can also go for the MBA. Any graduate from any stream can join the MBA course.

Best Wishes....
3rd February 2013, 12:26 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend there is a lot scope for computer field
After completing B.sc(computers) there in software companies and also in other companies where maintainence of computers and is very necessary
You can do MCA or M.Sc but it will depend on your interest only because in MCA you will learn about managemet, computers but in M.SC you will learn about complete teechnically and scientifically after MCA or M.Sc you can do M.Tech
all the best.......
3rd February 2013, 03:21 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?

Dear Aspirant,

The scope of BSc is now a days decreased because of the new craze on the BE/BTech.

Till now the students are going for the Btech since they are having more advantage than the BSc.

Because Btech is a professional course.

The IT company's are having posts more for the Btech when compared to the Bsc people.

So i would suggest you to choose the BE/Btech instead of Bsc.

Ofcourse it depends on one's personal decision.Goahead with your decision.Anyway which ever profession you choose you need to work hard.Or else its waste of time and money.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.

Quote:
Wats d scope at present in bsc science computer n in future
7th February 2013, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

is there any certificate courses required to get good job after B.Sc honours in CS?if any then which one?plz giv detail about this......
7th February 2013, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

hey.
If u will get good grade in b.sc computer s. Then apply for microsoft intership programme (you can choose options).
Google it.
Enjoy
13th April 2013, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

hi,i m 12th appeared student.i m confused in bsc.cs and bsc.it.what should i prefer, which is better to do.after complition i m going for mba in it so plz suggest me what should i do ?what the salary per month?
21st April 2013, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th std. i am interested in computer science field. Is b.tech (IT)/computer science and engineering/b.sc computer science best for me to choose? please help me.in which do we get jobs easily with good pay scales.. please do mention the pay scales also
24th May 2013, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir
I am studying in B.Sc. Computer scienceII. I want to become a robot maker and want to do something best for country. Please give me some important tips. What are opportunity in this field.
30th May 2013, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

I have just passed 12th grade. I wanted to know which course should I go for - bsc hons.(comp) or bca?
30th May 2013, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

My sister has arrear in 12th exam. Now what course is suitable for her.

Regards,
Nag
31st May 2013, 06:50 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You want to have job opportunity after completion of your B.Sc in Computer Science.

You did not mention whether you have tried for any jobs or not.

One thing I can suggest you that, if you get any job opportunity in MNCs after the completion of your B.Sc course, then better to join that.

Generally Wipro is one of the MNC which will recruit Graduates.

But if you get job opportunity in normal companies, then better to leave them.

Many candidates are having this doubt after completion of B.Sc course either to go for MBA course or MCA course.

First decide upon your interest.

If your very interest is to have career in software field, then it is better for you to go for MCA course.

In contrast to that, if you want to learn any management skills and knowledge, then better to join MBA course.

Both the courses are having good number of job opportunities.

But one thing is sure that you can get job easily after completion of MBA course.

But after completion of MCA course, you may or may not get the job immediately.

The admission for both the courses will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

If you want to join MCA course, then you have to crack NIMCET Exam.

If you want to join MBA course, then you have to crack any of the following Entrance Exams like

CAT
MAT
GMAT etc.

Whatever the course you join, gain good subject knowledge in that course and enhance your communication skills.

These two things are very vital to get a job.

All the best.
3rd June 2013, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope in BSc computer science field?
6th June 2013, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

I completed my graduation in bsc computer science with some extra courses like scjp(java) and android can i have opportunity to meet a good job?
10th June 2013, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

I've completed my bsc comp science...which is better after doing Bsc comp science? i am confused whether to take up mca or msc comp science
13th June 2013, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

I've completed my bsc comp science...and after that , I am completed Graphics Web Designing and Developement course from ARENA.I am doing a JOB right now but I want to go for higher studies which course are better for me....Please suggest me.
[MCS, MCA, MBA-IT]
16th June 2013, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE SCOPE OF M.SC AND AFTER IAS?
16th June 2013, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

i want to get job in final year of bsc c.s and right now i am in 2nd year..so tel me the courses through which i gt job
2nd July 2013, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

i have jst completed my 12th with 60% ....and i m confused that which option i chose cs engg. or bsc comp. pls help me ,,and tell me which opt.i select
3rd July 2013, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

list of companies provide jobs for B.sc computers and how much salary they offer
14th July 2013, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

bsc compuer best or not
15th July 2013, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

which is better b.sc computer science or BCA ...??
25th July 2013, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

which colleges are better for MCA, MBA and M.SC COMPUTER SCIENCE. plz give the lists.
25th July 2013, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

plz name the bst colleges for mca, mba, and m.sc computer science? plz give a list.
25th July 2013, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

plz give the list of bst colleges for mca, mba, and m.sc computer science?
1st September 2013, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

I m doin B.sc (cs)..way will b my package after doing MCA..or MTECH
2nd September 2013, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

sir plz mjhe is bare me guide kar dyn ke bscs aur bcs ke scope me kitna farq hai aur kya two year bcs ka koi future hai?
10th November 2013, 11:18 PM
subra gadekar

Red face Re: What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?

What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc?
Quote:
29th December 2013, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I do b.ed from du after my bsc hons computer science from du?
13th January 2014, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

hi,I am 19 years old girl,currently studying in Second year BSc in computer science.I dont wish to make my career in computer related field.I am more interested in doing MBA in HR.
please suggest me other courses than CS.
7th May 2014, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

if I do bsc computer science it will we useful for future ? n will I get job opportunities after completing mba or msc
14th May 2014, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Hii.im doing b.sc computer science..i don't wat should i have to do after finishing this degree course.pls help me in taking good degree course wich should depending upon good salary in my future..thanking u..replly me to [email protected]
16th May 2014, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

hi friends
im sai krishna .. i want help for you all guys. im not good at java and c but good at DBMS and HTML. can i do MCA.
plz help me.
im interested in networking,internet and hardware. these specilization need java and c.
3rd June 2014, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

iam completed my b.com computers with 71% ..is iam eligible for IT sector ..i dont want to study higher studies than this ...i completed that with 71% ..kindly please suggest me and where can i get jobs? and is iam eligible for work in MNC companies ...please give me supportive suggestions sir/mam.,,bro/sis ....,,,thank you
11th June 2014, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

iam going to study my ug and pg in computer science...., after my pg .... cource completion.. plz say wat kind of studies may i continue or else any kind of jobs in diff line.
16th June 2014, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope in bsc computer science filed ? can i attempt PSE ? which subject is most suitable to crack PSE ?
27th June 2014, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

hii. i have completed my 12 nd now i m very much confused what should i do now.. which field is better for me in which i can get good slary package. mba,mca or msc in agriculture
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?