20th July 2011, 03:37 PM
Aarti C

Am I eligible for M.Tech in computer science or information technology after doing B.E in mechanical engineering?

I have done my B.E. in mechanical engg. but this was never my plan and field of interest..I always wanted to do engg. in either IT or Compter branches of engg. So is it possible for me to change my field my doing Mtech in my field of interest??? plz reply at the earliest...

26th January 2012, 11:07 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech in computer science or information technology after doing B.E in mechanical engineering?

hi..if you are interested in changing your field to software industry then there are many ways to do it ,some of them are as follows :
1.you can try to get jobs in the various software companies like the tata consultancy services and the infosys because they are ready to take engineers from other branch and train them ,if you are finding it tough to find jobs in the software companies because you are already out of the college you can join the institutes like the niit which offer an very good software training and the students who have done this courses get jobs very easily because the niit certificate has an very good value among the various software companies .
2.you can also do an mtech in software branches by writing the gate examination in the computer science field ,because only then you will get admission to do the mtech degree in the various colleges offering the mtech degree in the computer field ,i am attaching the gate brochure so that you can know all the details about the examination
3.also you can write the gre examination and do an ms degree in computers from foreign colleges that will also really help you to get an very good job in the software industry and also i am attaching an gre preparation book to help you prepare for this examination
Attached Files
File Type: pdf barron_s_gre_17th_ed%5BPRsolutions.in%5D.pdf(7.52 MB, 149 views)
File Type: pdf gate brochure.pdf(444.7 KB, 101 views)

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?