30th November 2010, 09:29 PM
Jithendran

Am I eligible for M.Tech in IITs if done MSc in CS through distance education?

Hi,

I did a regular B.Sc(comp.sci) degree & I'm doing M.Sc(comp.sci) in sikkim manipal as a distance education, Am i eligable to do M TECH(CS) in IIT (thru GATE exam)?

Request you to reply to [email protected]

regards,
Jithendran.

30th November 2010, 11:25 PM
er.dellikannan

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech in IITs if done MSc in CS through distance education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jithendran View Post
Hi,

I did a regular B.Sc(comp.sci) degree & I'm doing M.Sc(comp.sci) in sikkim manipal as a distance education, Am i eligable to do M TECH(CS) in IIT (thru GATE exam)?

Request you to reply to [email protected]

regards,
Jithendran.

Bachelor's degree holders Engineering/ Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.status
1st December 2010, 06:45 AM
ashishpatel

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech in IITs if done MSc in CS through distance education?

As you have not specified you age. Please check weather you lie in age criteria.
Good Luck.
1st December 2010, 02:36 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

it is clearly mentioned in the Eligibility Criteria of GATE, that only the candidates with following degree can appear for GATE, for pursuing M.Tech.

1. Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
2. Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
3. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology.
4. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examin
ations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
(As per Information Brochure pg-2)

i think you are eligible for GATE. you should contact with IIT zonal office for GATE to confirm it.

best wishes
1st December 2010, 04:49 PM
lohith.s

Wink Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech in IITs if done MSc in CS through distance education?

yes! dude why not?you are a PG student and you can absolutely get it..
1st December 2010, 05:55 PM
ramakant sharma

yes of course you are illegible for m tech in iits through gate

but this year date of gate forms is closed so better to try next year otherwise there are many more colleges which takes their own exam like jnu university and bits pilani and iiit hyderabad

all these colleges are good and provides good environment for research so better to try for all these options

all the best
26th April 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for M.TECH biotechnology if done MSC chemistry in distance education through nagarjuna university
30th May 2011, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

i done msc(cs)2011 DaVV uni Indore. i want to do mtech but i didn't give gate.then which clg we take admission.plz send ans my email-id [email protected]
10th June 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

i am doing m.sc.under distance education of north bengal university i am eligible for gate exam?
6th September 2011, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir
I completed B.SC regular in Andhra University and present i studing M.SC in Ambedkar open university. I am eligiblt to M.Tech through PGECET or not?
Please give me reply to [email protected] / [email protected]
Thanks & Regards
R.Kanna Babu
14th September 2011, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

sir
I completed B.Sc regular in burdwan university and prasent i studing M.Sc in burdwan university as a distencemode. I am eligible to M.Tech through GATE.
Please give me reply to [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?