11th January 2012, 09:16 AM
vkttheboss

Am I eligible for MCA course having Maths in BCA and not having Maths in 10+2?

I have the maths in BCA.
but I do not have maths in 10+2 .
is i am elligible for MCA

11th January 2012, 10:37 AM
22prakash

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA course having Maths in BCA and not having Maths in 10+2?

yes their are some University that allow the non-maths background candidates.
for example Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiiki Vishwavidhyalay , Bhopal
11th January 2012, 11:36 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA course having Maths in BCA and not having Maths in 10+2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkttheboss View Post
I have the maths in BCA.
Dear Friend,
To take admission in MCA course you need to have mathematics as one of the subject in 10+2 level or in Graduation level. As you have taken Mathematics as one of the subject at Graduation level you are quite eligible to go for MCA. You can appear in any MCA entrance examination like JECA.

Best Wishes.....
11th January 2012, 12:47 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

u r not eliligible for mca course because u r not subjects in maths in 10+2
30th January 2012, 06:19 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for MCA course having Maths in BCA and not having Maths in 10+2?

Hi

MCA stands for the Master's in Computer Application. It is a 2 year full time post graduation program which is the advanced course of BCA i.e Bachelor in Computer Applications.

Now coming to the Basic Eligibility Criteria for a candidate to take up MCA :

1. You need to be a minimum graduate in any stream.

2. You must have studied Mathematics as one of your subjects, either in your 12th class or in your graduation.

3. There is no age or attempt limit for this course.

So now as you say, that you have studied BCA, but did not take up 10 + 2 , I would like to inform you that you can STILL DO MCA.

You have done BCA which has Maths in it. So in that case you are certainly eligible for MCA.

You can join the college in which you want to join MCA. Go Ahead.

To know about the Top MCA colleges in India, Please Click Here

All the best
30th January 2012, 11:32 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkttheboss View Post
I have the maths in BCA.
You having the Maths subject in BCA course So definitely your eligible for MCA course and you may get admission in reputed colleges .

MCA ie :- Masters of Computer Applications . The duration of the course is for three years and the course is divided into six semester .

Eligibility criteria for MCA course :-

The aspirant should qualified in three years bachelor degree in BCA , BBA , B.com , B.Tech , B.E from recognized university . The aspirant should have score 60% percentage of marks in bachelor degree . The aspirant should have mathematics subjects in 12th board Examination or Bachelor degree then only your eligible for MCA course .

The aspirant should qualified in entrance examination like , VIT Entrance Examination , AMU Entrance Examination ,Delhi University Entrance Test , JECA Examination etc...

The admission for MCA course is based on the entrance examination scores and bachelor degree scores . So that you may get admission in reputed MCA colleges .

So , If your good percentage of marks in bachelor degree then you get admission in reputed MCA colleges .

Best Colleges for MCA course :-

-Banaras Hindu University
-Kerala University
-National Institute of Technology
-Vellore Institute Of Technology
-Birla Institute of Technology and Science
-Asan Memorial College of Arts & Science
-Haldia Institute of Technology
-Guru Nanak Dev University
-Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences
31st January 2012, 08:25 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
MCA is a three year course for which aspirants are admitted based on their performance in the entrance exam. Some of the entrance exam are nimcet, tancet etc. The eligibility for appearing in the exam are
1. The aspirant should have completed bachelor degree from a recognised university.
2. Important thing is that they should have chosen mathematics as their subject in the 2. Or should have studied mathematics as in their degree course. Or else they are not eligible for the exam.
3. There is no age requirement for appearing in the exam.
The exam paper includes aptitude question which mainly consist of questions in mathematics and few from computer science. And so you need to have good knowledge in cracking the exam.
You are eligible for the exam if one of your papers in the degree course is mathematics
31st January 2012, 09:34 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for MCA having no math in 10+2 and having math in BCA.

MCA- MASTER IN COMPUTER APPLICATION, the candidate having graduation degree in BCA, BBA, B.Com. and B.Tech. with 60% marks, are eligible to apply for MCA.

The candidates should have mathematics in either 10+2 level or Bachelor degree are eligible to apply for MCA which is a three years course.

The interested candidate should appear for the entrance exam like VITEEE, AMUEE, Delhi University entrance exam etc. for admission to MCA course basing on the marks secured in degree course as well as through entrance exam.
31st January 2012, 11:16 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend as you have done BCA course then you can apply for MCA course..

For that you have to appear in entrance exams like-

1.NIMCET
2.JECA
etc..

Through these entrance exams you can apply for MCA course..
So, don't worry , you are eligible for MCA course..
All the best.
21st February 2012, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA course having Maths in BCA and not having Maths in 10 2?

NO ONE CAN APPLY FOR MCA IF HE/SHE DOES NOT HAVE MATHS IN 12TH.
MY ADMISSION HAS BEEN CANCELED ON 04-02-12 FROM RGPV BHOPAL BY THE ORDER OF HIGH COURT(M.P.)
EVEN I HAVE GIVEN MCA 1ST SEM PAPERS.
5th December 2012, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA course having Maths in BCA and not having Maths in 10 2?

show me the what are the list of maths topics from high court eligible to do mca
13th January 2014, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

is there age a criteria for r.g.p.v for m.c.a i have done b.c.a and my age is29
4th June 2017, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

All of you guys eligible for MCA only student having business mathematics not allowed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?