12th June 2016, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NDA exam 2017 at the age of 18 years?

Well actually i am currently studying in 11 pcm, my dob is 23/01/1999. Am i eligible for NDA exam 2017 ? Please reply. Thanx in advance :-).

12th June 2016, 06:18 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NDA exam 2017 at the age of 18 years?

Your age is perfect for appearing in the NDA 2017 exam but being a 11th standard candidate you are not eligible for appearing in the NDA exam. Because the minimum education qualification required for appearing in NDA exam is intermediate from any well affiliated school.
12th June 2016, 07:01 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for NDA exam 2017 at the age of 18 years.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 in any discipline from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The candidate must be physically fit as per the Physical Standards requirements to join NDA.

-Selection of candidate is made bade based on Written Examination followed by Interview by Service Selection Board.
12th June 2016, 07:37 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

NATIONAL DEFENSE ACADEMY EXAMINATION

** National Defence Academy Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

AGE LIMIT FOR NDA EXAM

** Yes you are eligible for NDA exam 2017 at the age of 18 years

** Candidate having age between 16-1/2 to 19-1/2 is eligible to apply for NDA exam.

Ofiicial Website: www.nda.nic.in/
12th June 2016, 09:47 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and NDA entrance examinations are held twice every year i.e; NDA I in the month of April and NDA II in the month of September by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB interview respectively.

--> For appearing in the same examination, you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male applicant with your age lying with 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have either completed your higher secondary school degree or must be in the final year of same with any discipline from a recognized board. Students having any equivalent degree are also eligible.

Since you are currently studying in Class 11th and hence you are going to appear in your Class 12th board examination in 2018 so you are eligible for appearing in the NDA examination of 2018 as per educational requirement for appearing in the same.

Also as you are born on 23/01/1999 so by the NDA I 2018 you will be around 19 years and 3 months old which is within the age criteria for the same.

For more details about the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
12th June 2016, 10:09 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service commission twice a year in the months of April and Septmeber for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Armed Forces namely Air Force, Army and Navy.

To join in National Defence Academy Indian Armed Forces, you must have to appear in NDA examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA 2017 examination is mentioned below :-

=> You must be an Indian.

=> You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

=> You must have attained the minimum age of 16.5 years and should not have crossed the upper age limit of 19.5 years.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or equivalent from a Government recognised board. For joining in Air Force and Navy, you must have studied Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 12th standard.

=> You must be Physically and as well as Mentally healthy.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can apply for NDA examination at UPSC official website www.upsconline.nic.in once, the official notification for conduct of NDA 2017 examination has released by Union Public Service examination.
12th June 2016, 10:19 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NDA examination in 2017. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you are eligible for the examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th June 2016, 01:03 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes you are eligible for NDA examination at the age of 18 year.

For appearing in NDA examination you should have:-

::》you must pass in Class 12th from any recognized board with any discipline.

::》your age must be in between 16-1/2 - 19 Years at the time of commencement of course.
12th June 2016, 05:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well actually i am currently studying in 11 pcm, my dob is 23/01/1999. Am i eligible for NDA exam 2017 ? Please reply. Thanx in advance :-).
As per age criteria, you are eligible for NDA exam 2017.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
12th June 2016, 06:12 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend......

You can eligible for the NDA exam at age of 18 years.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. This exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.

NDA has two types

NDA-I
NDA-II

NDA has three wings:

Indian Army
Indian Navy
Indian Airforce

Eligibility Criteria:

The applicant should be Indian Citizen.

The applicant should complete the 10+2 any stream from recognized state board.

No percentage marks required.

The age limit should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

No upper age relaxation for this exam.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

PCM subjects required for the Indian Navy & Airforce exams.

Selection Process:

Written Test
Medical Test
SSB Interview

Physical Standards:

All the best.....
31st August 2016, 11:51 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

YES, YES, YES, You are eligible to apply for the NDA exam as per the age criteria set by UPSC. But yoh can apply only for the Indian Army post as for Air Force amd Navy, it requires Both Physics and Mathematics as your main subjects in 10+2.

* Details regarding NDA Exam

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.
Its exam is conducted twice every year by the Union Public Service Commision for the enrollment of the selected candidates into the following :

* Indian Army
* Indian Navy
* Indian Air Force

>> Eligibility Criteria regarding NDA Examination :

* Nationality : Indian

* Marital Status : Unmarried

* Age limit : 16.5 years to 19 years

* Physical status : Physically and mentally fit

* Educational Qualifications : Intermediate course or any equivalent (Physics and mathematics for Air Force and Indian Navy) from a recognised Board/University.

// In order to apply for the UPSC NDA Examination, you may refer to the official link www.upsconline.nic.in after UPSC announces the dates and notifications.

You can get the dates and Notifications from the official website of UPSC (notifications regarding NDA 2 exam can come probably in November), on www.upsc.gov.in
11th December 2016, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in NDA 2017 exam ?
I am currently studying in class B.sc. My dob is 24/09/1997. Am i eligible for NDA exam 2017, Please reply ?
11th August 2017, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir please clear my doubt can i appear in nda exam 2018 at the age of 18 year 9 month for 2 paper and my dob is 23/12/1999
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?