21st June 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET exam if I am doing my final year Biochemistry(PG)?

Am pradeepa doing my final year biochemistry(pg). Am i eligible for net exam?

22nd June 2011, 12:31 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam if I am doing my final year Biochemistry(PG)?

Hello Pradeepa,
Since you are in the final year of your masters degree program in biochemistry, you are eligible to take the national eligibility test.
You will be considered eligible for lectureship only after you score a minimum of 55% in the final year examination of your masters degree program.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will be considered eligible if they score a minimum of 50% in the same.
For complete information, refer to the official website of NET
22nd June 2011, 09:09 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam if I am doing my final year Biochemistry(PG)?

eligibility criteria for NET

M.Sc or equivalent degree under the subjects mentioned above, with minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates
and 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D.

A candidate can also apply for the Test under RA (Result Awaited) category, if he/she is appearing or has appeared in his/her final year (III/IV Semester where Semester system is there) of M.Sc. or equivalent degree examination in subjects mentioned in above. Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Deptt./Institute over his/her signature and rubber stamp (with address and name) from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared in the final year M.SC or equivalent degree examination.
However, such candidates shall be admitted to the Test provisionally. They shall only be considered eligible for JRF-(NET)/LS-(NET), if they are able to produce the proof of having passed the Master’s Degree examination in the relevant or related subject with the requisite percentage of marks and within the stipulated time frame.
Yes you are eligible for NET exam..
22nd June 2011, 10:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am pradeepa doing my final year biochemistry(pg). Am i eligible for net exam?
NET exam criteria is given below -

1) you must completed your master degree with 55% score.
2)your minimum is 21 years .

but you are in final yera student so after completion of your post graduate degree you are eligible for NET exam.

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?