14th February 2012, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for regular MBA after completing B.Com in Ambedkar Open University?

I was compleated b.com in ambetkar open univercity with out intermidiate.but i get only. 44.08%.marks in b.com am i eligible for regular MBA . i can get a good rank in I CET.

9th March 2012, 03:08 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for regular MBA after completing B.Com in Ambedkar Open University?

You need to be a graduate to apply for the MBA course. There is no restriction that the graduation should be completed as a regular course. You cannot apply for MBA with the above mentioned percentage of marks. The selection for MBA is based on entrance examinations such as CAT/MAT or any other similar exams. In order to attend any of these entrance exams you should score an aggregate of 50% marks. Based on your performance in the entrance exam, you will be called for GD and Interview.
3rd May 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for regular MBA after completing B.Com in Ambedkar Open University?

Respect sir/mam . i am b.com graduate scored above 75% in degree , and i am doing icwai inter too. got 11.600 in tancet . am i eligibile for doing mba in anna university
3rd May 2012, 11:15 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
MBA(Master of Business Administration).
To apply MBA exam you need to complete any graduation from a recognised university with atleast 50% of marks.

B.com from Ambedkar open university is possible to do MBA but as per your percentage of marks you are not eligible for doing MBA.

Eligibility criteria:

The applicant should be complete any graduation from a recognised university with atleast 50% of marks.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

There is no age limit to apply for this exam.

To join in MBA you need to write any one of the following entrance exams

CAT,
MAT,
XAT,
GMAT,
ICET etc.
22nd May 2012, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ,my name is mahendra i am finished b.com in ambedkar university, have chance to join the technical writing course?pls tell about that.
7th December 2012, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Iam doing BSC bzc degree in SDCE Dravidian universty Do iam eligable for doing mba in regular
9th January 2013, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

hello! i am doing graduation from karnataka open university.. am i eligible for qualifying CAT? i want to go for a regular MBA
14th January 2013, 05:11 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

HI Friends..............

Its not possible to you as a open university candidate because only the Graduates from recognized are only applicable to do MBA in regular...........

ALL THE BEST,..............
16th July 2013, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir, i am complited degree in BA ,under the Acharya Nagarjuna university . With out intermidiat . Am i eligible to write civils
17th July 2013, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

i completed open degree in group of b.sc (mpc) with out intermedite can i eligible for mba sir
17th July 2013, 02:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Surely you can apply for any entrance exam for Master of Business Administration. Having completed the graduation from distance education is hardly an issue. There will be no problem as long as you have completed graduation from recognized college.

There is no rule which you prevent candidates with correspondence degree to appear for the regular course in the future.

There are various branches in MBA. You can choose any of the following to complete Master of Business Administration. Some examples are:

Economics

Banking

Hospitality

Marketing

Information Technology

Healthcare

Retail Management

Human Resources

Finance

Aviation

Since your marks are not sufficient enough to appear for Common Admission Test, you will have to appear for some other entrance exam.

To appear for Common Admission Test you should have minimum of 50 percent marks in graduation. The SC/ST candidates should score 45 percent in graduation.

Your options include ICET as well MAT entrance exam. Since you seems to be comfortable with the ICET, you can appear for the exam.

ICET Exam Pattern

Section A

Analytical Ability

i) Problem Solving

ii) Data Sufficiency

Section B

Mathematical Ability

i) Arithmetic Ability

ii)Algebraic & Geometrical Ability

iii)Statistical Ability

Section C

Communication Ability

i) Vocabulary

ii) Business and computer Technology

iii) Functional Grammar

iv) Reading Comprehension
17th July 2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iam doing BSC bzc degree in SDCE Dravidian universty Do iam eligable for doing mba in regular
yes you can
17th July 2013, 06:18 PM
sunandas37

Quote:
I was compleated b.com in ambetkar open univercity with out intermidiate.but i get only. 44.08%.marks in b.com am i eligible for regular MBA . i can get a good rank in I CET.
Yes u can do MBA after B.com and u can do regular classes
21st July 2013, 11:26 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes it does not matters how you have done the course as long as it is a valid one and has been done from a recognized university. Since you have got roughly 44% of marks at graduation level i am afraid but you cannot apply for ICET Exam.

ICET stands for Integrated Common Entrance Test . This exam is being conducted by Kakatiya University, Warangal on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), Hyderabad. By cracking this exam you can get admission to all Universities in Andhra Pradesh and their affiliated colleges.

If you want to apply for MBA then you need to be a graduate first and the degree can be attained in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. However along with that you also have to secure 50% of marks in aggregate. 45% marks in case of reserved categories. Since you have got 44% of marks therefore you are not eligible to give this exam.

But don't lose hope. With the marks that you have secured you are still eligible to sit for the MAT Exam and IIFT exam. By cracking both these exam with good score you can get the opportunity of studying in top colleges which offers good placement.

MAT Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You must be a graduate from a recognized university or a deemed university.
  • If you are in the final year then also you are eligible to give this examination.
  • There is no age limit to abide by as far as this exam is concerned.
MAT Exam Pattern:-
  1. Language Comprehension
  2. Mathematical Skills
  3. Data Analysis and Sufficiency
  4. Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
  5. Indian and Global Environment
IIFT Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You must have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline.
  • If you are in the final year then also you can apply.
  • You need to submit proof that you have passed in the final qualifying exam by beginning of October of the year of start of the course.
Exam Pattern:-
  1. English Comprehension
  2. General Knowledge & Awareness
  3. Logical Reasoning
  4. Quantitative Analysis
Hope this helps :-> :->
1st October 2013, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

hi i have done BA in english from EIILM University Sikkim. Can i do MBA or MCA now?
14th October 2013, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

i have done my one year graduation from open university am i able to do mba in IT .Is it possible?
26th January 2014, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

i was completed my b.com in andhra university distance education but i gote 44% marks.am i eligible write mat exam for mba regular
5th April 2014, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Iam completed my Bcom degree in SDCE Dravidian universty in one sitting . Do iam eligable for doing mba in regular pls rply
6th April 2014, 05:34 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

The percentage of marks that you scored in your Graduation is very low which is 44% of marks.

Having scored this percentage of marks, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for ICET Exam.

Not only for ICET, you are not eligible to apply for many of the Entrance Exams that give admission for MBA course.

In such a case, your doors to join MBA course will be closed.

However, you don't need to worry too much about this. Because there is a way for you to join MBA course.

You can apply for MAT (Management Aptitude Test) Exam in order to join MBA course.

There in no minimum percentage of marks is required for the candidates to apply for this Exam unlike other exams.

This Exam is being conducted 4 times in a year.

MAT score is being accepted by many of the B-Schools in India.

Collect the syllabus and exam pattern for this Exam and prepare well.

Try to get good score in this Exam and get admission in a B-Schools.

Gain good subject knowledge and good percentage of marks at least in MBA course.

It is not a problem at all of your Distance Education. If that university is recognized by UGC or AICTE, you are eligible to join MBA course in regular mode.

Wish you all the best.
8th July 2014, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible to appear government exam after completing b.a from dr. babashaheb open university?
9th May 2015, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

iam competed 10th compartmentally with 340 marks, and intermidiate completed one sitting what should i do engneeing or degree?
24th January 2016, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have completed 10th in Mumbai after that completed b.com in telangana without intermediate also studied IT in mumbai can I do mba in regular in hyderabad
Plzz help me......sir
26th April 2019, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 10th in regular and present i am doing direct degree in distance b com general so i am eligible for mba not please reply me sir and 44 percentage i got
12th October 2020, 03:57 AM
Unregistered

Can I go to MBA Distance with ambedkar open University B.com degree 40%marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?