18th December 2012, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take a job in banking?

Whether graduate from IGNOU without having intermediate qualification but matric passed would be eligible to take up job in banking?

19th December 2012, 07:56 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to take a job in banking?

There are generally two types of banking job :- Clerical and P.O.(Probationary Officer), the exam for which is generally conducted by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection).

Qualification for SBI Clerical exam:- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed 12th with 50% marks in any stream from a recognised Board OR having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good knowledge over computer opration.

Qualification for IBPS Clerical Exam:- The candidate must be an Indian National having completed 10th with 60% marks OR having completed 12th with 50% marks OR having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University witin the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good command over Computer operation.

Qualification for SBI/IBPS P.O. Exam:- The candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good knowledhe over computer operation.

So as you are a Graduate, you are eligible for both Clerical and P.O. exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com AND http://www.ibps.in
19th December 2012, 09:20 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take a job in banking?

If you are Graduate Degree holder from a recognised University then you will be eligible for banking jobs which is of two types generally:- Clerical and P.O.(Probationary Officer).

The candidate aspiring for these banking job has to crack its exam generally conducted by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed 10th OR having completed 12th with 50% marks OR having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, is eligible apply for IBPS Clerical Exam.

The candidate being an Indian National having completed 12th with 50% marks OR having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation fro reserved candidate, is eligible to apply for SBI Exam.

The candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, is eligible to apply for IBPS/SBI P.O. Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.statebankofindia.com AND http://www.ibps.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?