25th May 2013, 08:27 PM
Sabijv

Am I eligible to write IES exam?

my d.o.b is 6.6.1993. am i possible to write ies in 2014

9th May 2014, 01:02 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IES exam?

IES i.e Indian Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year. Only Engineering candidates are eligible to apply. The examination will held in the month of June every year.

To apply for IES you must have a completed engineering degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. The engineering degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. Candidate who are pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply. There is no percentage bar required to apply for this examination. The candidate age should between 21-30 years and Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories. As per notification you are ineligible to apply for this examination. For details, Check the notification Here !!!.But 2014 Exam notification was already released and last date for receipt of application was also completed on 21 April 2014.
10th May 2014, 06:26 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IES exam?

I am sorry to say that the last date to apply for IES (Indian Engineering Services) Exam was already over.

However you don't need to worry about this as you are not eligible to appear for IES Exam of this academic year.

As you have born on 06-06-1993, you are going to complete 21 years of age by 06-06-2014.

Here is the required age criteria for the candidates to apply for this Exam.

21-30 years of age for the candidates of General category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

Academic Qualification :
One should have completed Graduation in Engineering with any of the stream from a recognized university.

IES Exam is being conducted once in a year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) to recruit the candidates into following Engineering Services
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

So have good preparation for this exam for this year and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?