19th June 2021, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Is AMIE qualification allowed for IAS exam?

Is AMIE qualification allowed for IAS exam? In 2016 I passed diploma in civil engineering and in 2018 I joined AMIE.

21st June 2021, 05:17 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is AMIE qualification allowed for IAS exam?

Yes, AMIE students are eligible for IAS exam.
Eligibility criteria is the student should be graduated and the certificate should be available by the month of August.

AMIE is a recognised as equivalent to an engineering degree by AICTE, UPSC, SSC, Central romantic departments and state governments etc. And a Mi degree holder can write examination like civil services, Indian Engineering Services, gate, GRE etc
21st June 2021, 05:29 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, AMIE qualification allowed for IAS exam.

AMIE stands for Associate Members of the Institution of Engineers.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Educational qualification required for IAS examination maintained below:-

Candidates must have completed their bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

Final year candidates are eligible for this examination.

Age limit:-

Age limit is between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation:-

3 years for OBC candidates.
5 years for SC/STcandidates

Nationality - Indian.
21st June 2021, 08:18 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

AMIE is a professional certification given by Institution of Engineers of India. It is government recognised. AMIE students can appear for UPSC and other civil service examinations. Other eligibility criterias are -

your age must be between 21 and 32 years . Age relaxation as per govt rules.

Your nationality must be Indian.
24th June 2021, 07:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

AMIE is equivalent to bachelor degree and candidates passed are eligible to appear for civil service examination conducted for recruitment of I.A.S, I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years and relaxation for reserved category. Examination is conducted in three stages. For more information about the syllabus and other details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?