24th August 2011, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

How can I get good marks in IAS exam? How many candidates are allowed for IAS exam?

Hello Sir
sir i`m b.tect final year student have a dream to be an IAS.....
Sir Please suggest me Hoe to get got marks in exams...
and please also tell that how many a cadidate is allow for ias exam..
and if a candidate fail to crack the interview then it is possible to give the again without giving the exam again...................

25th August 2011, 10:31 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get good marks in IAS exam? How many candidates are allowed for IAS exam?

The only way you can clear this exam is by making sure that you prepare for all the areas well. You need to understand the structure of the exam. First you must concentrate on preparing for the CSAT i.e. aptitude test. If you clear the same then you need to appear for the mains exam which will be based on any of subjects that you can select from the list provided in the site. Only 4 attempts are allowed to clear the exam. If you fail to clear the interview round you will need to reappear for the exams too.
25th August 2011, 05:41 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How can I get good marks in IAS exam? How many candidates are allowed for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir
and if a candidate fail to crack the interview then it is possible to give the again without giving the exam again...................
IAS Exam is officially called as Civil Service Examination. as you know This exam is conducted every year by UPSC which is the governing body to recruit top brains for high level jobs.

The pattern of the examination is of three level
they are

level 1 - CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test)
level 2 - Mains Examination.
level 3 - Personal Interview.

there will be no consideration of prelims marks as this is objective type questions will be asked in this .

this level is just to eliminate the candidates as much as possible.
for this you have to prepare well and be top among the cutoff list. then you will get promoted to next level i.e., Mains.

as you will get into next level i.e., Mains examination.
in this you will be asked theoritical essays to be written for that you have to give written format answers the papers which you have written will be evaluated and the selected eligible performers are called for next level i.e., Personal interview here you will interviewed personally by a committee which is designed by UPSC.

you will be selected by them and the interview which is conducted will have certain marks.
with the combination of mains and interview marks you will be alloted ranks.

that's all with those ranks you will be placed in a good service and cadre.

then on training after completing that you will get posting.

I think you understood the process. if not contact again through the forum more clearly we will try to help you out.

all the best

Regards

~AdityA~
25th August 2011, 06:25 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get good marks in IAS exam? How many candidates are allowed for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir
Hello friend,
To become an IAS officer, you have to write civil service exam.
To get good marks, you must do the following:

Follow the syllabus of the exam.
Do not ignore any topic of any subject.
Must refer to the previous years question papers.
Must refer to study materials which has updated syllabus.

There is no limitation's for the number of students to appear for the exam but there is a maximum number of seats which may increase or decrease every year.

If you do not get selected in the interview, you will have to reappear for the written exam which are :
Civil Service Aptitude Test
Main Examination
25th August 2011, 08:02 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

the first thing is you have a full determination n your mind that you must success in your exam.
you must become a ias officier.
this is the main thing.
after it youu have to concentrate your mind and you also make a good routin to achieve your goal.
so, this is not impossible but hard.
all d besst
21st September 2011, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

can i sit for the preliminary exam without completing my eighth semester exam but the result would be out before the main?
4th October 2011, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

i m a student of class 11th .wth the stream commerce with maths can i apperar fr ias in future?
11th November 2011, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

I am an information science student in B.E, can i appear for IAS?
20th December 2011, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

SIR,
I AM DOING BBA AND WANTED TO BECOME IAS AFTER COMPLETING BBA..SO, SIR CAN YOU SUGGEST ME HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR IAS EXAMS..
22nd December 2011, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

IAS "Indian Administrative Service " is a addiction so let u be addicted and if you does you will score as such . Read stuffs , newspaper , smart magzines , good grasp in your field , watever u belong to , just go and give your best shot with you hardwork and determination .
6th January 2012, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

what r the area that we will have to clear for crack IAS
7th January 2012, 01:17 PM
manoj1993
Member+

Hello friend,
To become an IAS officer, you have to write civil service exam.
To get good marks, you must do the following:

Follow the syllabus of the exam.
Do not ignore any topic of any subject.
Must refer to the previous years question papers.
Must refer to study materials which has updated syllabus.

There is no limitation's for the number of students to appear for the exam but there is a maximum number of seats which may increase or decrease every year.

If you do not get selected in the interview, you will have to reappear for the written exam which are :
Civil Service Aptitude Test
Main Examination
19th January 2012, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

if we fail in ias exam can we write again?
21st January 2012, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

Ya sure, you can again attempt for the civil service Aptitude test(csat).

If u crack this exam, u ll be allowed to attempt the mains & then u need to clear the mains for a personal interview & then u get selected according to ur rank.
If u are a general candidate u get 4 attempts only
for an other backward classes(obc) 7 attempts &
No limit for an sc & st caste candidates.
So all d best & study hard.
:-)
21st January 2012, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Ya sure, you can again attempt for the civil service Aptitude test(csat).

If u crack this exam, u ll be allowed to attempt the mains & then u need to clear the mains for a personal interview & then u get selected according to ur rank.
If u are a general candidate u get 4 attempts only
for an other backward classes(obc) 7 attempts &
No limit for an sc & st caste candidates.
So all d best & study hard.
:-)
3rd March 2012, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

iam b.tech mba , which subject ishould choose for ias mains history , sociology, public add, geography ,politics,
3rd March 2012, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

SIR, I AM THE STUDENT OF B.TECH (BIO MEDICAL), IS THE PERSONAL STDS SUFFICIENT FOR CRACKING CSAT,WITHOUT ANY COACHING??
PLEASE SUGGEST.............
15th March 2012, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: i am is the student of 10th class on cbse my dream is to become ias officer in which subject i take in class 11th

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1078410]Hello Sir
sir i am is the student of class 10th on cbse my dream is to become ias i want to say that in which subject i take in class 11th plese sir
28th March 2012, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

how is the IaS exam????
19th September 2012, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

sir,my ambition is to become an ias officer n am female.nw iam studying degree second year b.com regular am i eligible to become ias pls reply me sir.....
19th January 2013, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

how much time is required to prepare ias exam??? wethr it is in months or years?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?