8th December 2010, 07:04 PM
elamani92

I am 18 years old : Will I be allowed to answer IAS exam? If allowed then what do I have to study?

i am 18 years old now.i want to become IAS. Will i allowed to write IAS exam? If allowed means what are the things i have to study?

8th December 2010, 09:17 PM
miniking

Default Re: I am 18 years old : Will I be allowed to answer IAS exam? If allowed then what do I have to study?

IAS EXAM eligibility is not dependent on your age of 18, its dependent on your study

you must cross UG
8th December 2010, 10:02 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I am 18 years old : Will I be allowed to answer IAS exam? If allowed then what do I have to study?

No ,FOR joining for IAS exam YOU should be a Graduate from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IAS.
He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.
8th December 2010, 10:41 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: I am 18 years old : Will I be allowed to answer IAS exam? If allowed then what do I have to study?

hello friend

your desire to become an ias officer is really appreciable but you have to wait for some time

i think you're pursuing your degree complete it after getting degree and attaining age of 21 years you can take your first attempt of CIVILS which will decide ias ips or ifs or any other 22 different services

ok i think you'r doubt got cleared so purely concentrate on your academics side by side be a regular visitor to the following website

www.onestopias.com

all the best

~aditya~
8th December 2010, 11:04 PM
shivkant

you should be graduate for appearing in ias xm,
you should study gk, selected subjects, n see the syllabas on google according to ur subject.......
8th December 2010, 11:49 PM
saswata06

No,You are not eligible to appear in the IAS exam as the minimum age is 21 years.So keep ypur hard work going for next 3 years!
9th December 2010, 01:38 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

I am sorry to say but you are not eligible for appearing in civil services exam conducted by UPSC for recruitment of IAS officer.

The age limit for appearing in CSE is that the candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.
The upper age limit will be relaxable for certain category of candidates.

Since you are less than 21 years of age you can not become an IAS officer.
9th December 2010, 02:32 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

The eligibility criteria for civil services through which candidates are appointed as IAS/IPS/IFS/Allied services is clearly stated by UPSC which is as follow.

(i) Age limits :
Prescribed age-limits are 21-30 years at the time of application for all the services/posts (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/Sts, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in ).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :
Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :
Four (Seven attempts for OBCs and P.H. Candidates belonging to General Category and no limit for SCs/STs)

Therefore an 18th year old candidate will not be allowed to appear upsc exam.

Thank You
9th December 2010, 02:53 AM
ramakant sharma

Thumbs up Re: I am 18 years old : Will I be allowed to answer IAS exam? If allowed then what do I have to study?

sorry dear but as per rule of upsc which conducts IAS exam a candidates age must be 21 year minimum and 30 year maximum so in the age of 18 year you will not be allowed to sit for ias . keep going on and complete your graduation after your graduation you will be given chance to fulfill your deems.

all the best
9th December 2010, 09:29 AM
manikantakaligiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamani92 View Post
i am 18 years old now.i want to become IAS. Will i allowed to write IAS exam? If allowed means what are the things i have to study?
you should be degree for writing IAS exam.
For IAS you should write GROUP-1 exam after you are degree.
9th December 2010, 11:10 AM
rahul_kumar066

no you will be not allowed for ias because it demands 21 years old and a graduate student for knowing you could visit upsc's site
9th December 2010, 03:35 PM
pratiktortikar

Quote:
Of course you are not eligible for IAS exam.The eligibility of IAS exam depends on your degree or your under graduate course like any degree(B.SC,B.COM etc..).B.TECH,BE OR ANY POST GRADUATION COURSE TOO WILL HELP YOU TO WRITE THE iaS EXAM.But you will have to learn for civils exam .Its all about general knowledge.
9th December 2010, 04:01 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Hi dude

you should finish the Degree course to eligible for the exam and don't worry friend

*Now on start your preparation on the following subject

*General knowledge

*physics

*Chemistry

*History

*Geography

working hard you can clear the exam, Good luck
9th December 2010, 04:42 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

you are presently 18 years old I guess you must not complete basic qualification level for IAS.Basic criteria as below.

Eligibility:Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university.
Age limit: 21-30 years

All the best.
9th December 2010, 09:02 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

You must be graduated at least to be eligible for appearing.

For IAS you need to apply for the Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC each year. The notification will be published in the Employment Newspaper in February.
you have to clear 2 written and then interview. Written consist of Prelims and Mains.
Prelims(CSAT): It will comprise of GK and Aptitude as per the new format.
Mains:
Paper-I One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 22 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)

Paper-II English (Qualifying Paper)

Paper-III Essay [in the medium you choose]

Papers IV & V General Studies

Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects mentioned in the notification.
9th December 2010, 09:58 PM
lavanyaratala

inorder to write civils exam...you should have a minimum age of 21 years/......so first compplete any UG course
9th December 2010, 10:32 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Exclamation Re: I am 18 years old : Will I be allowed to answer IAS exam? If allowed then what do I have to study?

Quote:
Dear friend,
you are not eligible for IAS exem,because the age limit for IAS is 21 to 30 years,and you are only 18...
And also the applicant should be graduate...
17th December 2010, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

hello friend
20th March 2011, 08:56 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2011 for going through the CSAT examination conducted by the UPSC.You even need to complete your graduation for going through this exam.

Since your just 18 hence your not eligible for the examination.Its better that you start your preparation now itself so that you secure good marks in the CSAT examination.
20th March 2011, 09:22 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

You are not eligible to apply for IAS exam.

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:
  • Age should be 21 to 30 years
  • Minimum education qualification should be graduation
I think you have completed 12th standard,12th standard qualification is not sufficient to apply for IAS exam,you should have another 3 years education qualification.

If you are really interest do any three years degree course from any UGC recognized university.

By the time you finish the your graduation course,you will be having 21 years.

Then you can apply for IAS exam.

As you have three more years to apply for the exam,so start preparing for IAS exam from now itself.
If you start early you can remember the concepts very well,so that you crack the exam easily.

Go through this official website for more information about IAS exam:

http://www.upsc.gov.in/
20th March 2011, 10:17 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: I am 18 years old : Will I be allowed to answer IAS exam? If allowed then what do I have to study?

Quote:
No,you cannot join for IAS exam as minimum education qualification for IAS is Graduate from a recognised university or a college in India........

He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

UPSC conduct CIVILSERVICE exam for top service like IAS,IPS,IFS and for other government jobs.

So, try to do at least complete your graduation and then try to do JOB this is the time of study rather that searching for a job!!
20th March 2011, 10:21 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

No, You can't give IAS exam because the minimum age required for IAS
exam is 21 years at the time of appearing of UPSC exam and the minimum qualification is graduation. Details information is available on the website
Of UPSC. Please see the official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st March 2011, 01:02 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Quote:
No dear you are not at all eligible for appearing in IAS exam.

The most important & basic criteria for IAS is
  • They should be of age between 21 to 30 years.
  • They should have completed there graduation.

As you are of 18 years you would have surely not completed your graduation nor do you satisfy the criteria of being 21 years old.

So now i think so that you got my point.

Right now you can prepare for cracking the IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC.

For more details visit the following website:

www.upsc.gov.in
21st March 2011, 01:32 AM
soumyasmruti

Location: Flat No:- 205, Omm Ville, Shree vihar, BHUBANESWAR, Orissa, India

UPSC civil service is only for individuals within a age range of 21 to 30 years.
And you should also posses a bachelors degree which is not possible until you are 20/21.
So wait for another two years and give a go. Success will be yours.
ALL THE BEST.
21st March 2011, 01:41 AM
Shine_14

The IAS exam is conducted under UPSC and for appearing to IAS exam you maust complete your degree, and also the age limit sould be minimum 21 years, so i suggest you complete first your graduation, another thing that if you decided to appear in the IAS exam then you must start prepering for the exam right from now, hopfully you have a lot of time to prepare in proper way for the exam.
21st March 2011, 08:34 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Hello friend,

You should have to cleae your graduation first then only you can apply for this exam.

Only after graduation you can prepare yourself for this.

But as you said you want to becoime an IAS officer then keep a good commond on current affairs of G.K.

From this year pattern has changed.

I am sending you the files please see it by download.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf csp2011-syll.pdf(13.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: pdf CSAT_Sample_Paper.pdf(197.1 KB, 66 views)
21st March 2011, 10:54 AM
ravisaravanan

Quote:
sorry friend..
you cant not write IAS exam..minimum age limit is 21 years..
and you should hold an UG degree also so dont loose your hope wait for 3 more years..sure you will become an ISA officer in future..
Al the best..
21st March 2011, 03:41 PM
daks narang

Quote:
My dear friend, i would appreciate your dream to become IAS officer,but you need to be of atleast 21 yrs.then you will be able to appear in exam conducted by UPSC, then prelims then finally mains.
You can start preparing for that from now on-read newspaper daily for current affairs,learn languages,read history, civics, political science,economics,mathematics books of class 5th-12th classes.Most importantly do graduation and get degree and then get training for IAS in an institute.It can be 'RAU'S IAS TRAINING INSTITUTE,CHANDIGARH'.

Hope you're satisfied with my ans.
"Dakshi"
21st March 2011, 10:54 PM
asishkumar

hi...
The age limit for appearing in CSE is the candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.
Since you are less than 21 years of age so you have to wait for atleast 3 years to become an IAS officer.
15th April 2011, 10:00 PM
devendergora

No, age limit for Civil service is 21-30 years and also you have to be graduate to eligible for this exam.
You can do graduation in any field from govt recognized university.
29th April 2011, 03:47 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Smile Re: I am 18 years old : Will I be allowed to answer IAS exam? If allowed then what do I have to study?

Sorry you have to wait now...First complete your graduation and be 21 year old then you are eligible for IAS exam,.....
6th May 2011, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

what are the UG courses we can take.. after 12th which will very helpful in preparing civil services exams?...
10th May 2011, 06:28 PM
Roysons

Dear,
Sorry to say but you are not eligible for the IAS exam as the minimum eligibility criteria says that you must be atleast a graduate .
Age limitation is between 21-30 years with 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST candidates and 3 years for the OBC candidates.
General candidates get 4 while reserved categories get 7 attempts for cracking the exam.
So first complete your graduation and then go for the IAS exam.
For preparation , general knowledge is very important in this.
Reading newspapers will help you a lot in this.

Thanks.
12th September 2011, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by saswata06 View Post
No,You are not eligible to appear in the IAS exam as the minimum age is 21 years.So keep ypur hard work going for next 3 years!
i think u r wrong bcog d minimum age for ias is 18
12th September 2011, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

what is the minimum age for ras exam
2nd May 2012, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i have got delhi centre for my upsc exam on 20th may iwant to change to banglore .is it possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?