3rd August 2010, 11:24 AM
NAKUL JOSHI

Any difference between MCA and MSc IT? What are the job prospects after MSc IT?

Is there any difference bitwin MCA and MScIT.What are the job prospectus after MScIT.

31st August 2011, 05:32 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Default Re: Any difference between MCA and MSc IT? What are the job prospects after MSc IT?

Dear friend,

key differences between both the subjects are:-

msc computer science is 2 years course where as mca is a 3 year course.mca deals with computer application i.e. Software related. Msc in inforamtion technology on the other hand deals with the theoretical details of hardware and software along with logic & algorithm. Those having a strong computational and scientific background opt for this field. The course also provides an excellent grounding for further research, either through phd study or in a commercial setting.

- an mca is well recognised in the industry and covers application oriented courses. The course in m.sc. Has a greater stress on theory. However depending on personal competence, it is possible to get a good job in the it sector with either of the two degrees. Value both options and and the take an informed step in the best of your interest.

-there are a lot of career avenues you can go for after m.sc computer science. Due to the vast growth in computer based sectors there is huge growth potential in m.sc computer science.

As you are a post graduate you can also join in other government services like ias, ips, teaching, banks etc.

Some jobs in computer related sector-

1. Psus offer various computer related posts to candidates with m.sc in information technology.

For example-

ongc
ntpc
nic
hal
ofb
drdo etc.

-there are various government department vacancies for posts like programmer, system administrator , etc.

1.civil service exam to join as a ifs, ias, ips etc.
2. Bank p.o & clerk

-msc in computer science covers various areas which can be applied to various areas like technology, science, business and education. Msc in information technology will provide opportunities in software development, testing and networking.

-companies such as oracle, hp, wipro, ibm, compaq etc. Are hiring people with msc in it qualification.

-a person who is very much interested in teaching computer science or doing research in the field of computer should definitely go for msc in information technology...

I think after mca & msc it your skills are more important.....so give attention to your knowledge and skills....they will give you the right job...."

good luck..
1st September 2011, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Any difference between MCA and MSc IT? What are the job prospects after MSc IT?

presently i m in 12th having comm with computer science but without maths...a want to go for bca after 12 so without maths is it possible...........after completion of bca what are the job offers ? and what sort of diffrence is there in bsc it and bca ?
1st September 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

presently i m in 12th having comm with computer science but without maths...a want to go for bca after 12 so without maths is it possible?
what sort of jobs are offered for bca students? as i told that i m without maths ..so could i go for any diploma after 12th by which i could cover all my missed syllabus due to maths?
4th May 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

is msc IT is good after bca.please tell about good colloges of msc in punjab.
24th February 2013, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

I am doing BSc(comp Sci.).. What should i do after it? MCS or MCA I am very confused about it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?