6th September 2019, 07:50 AM
Unregistered

Are Arts student eligible to join OTA?

I am from Arts stream. Can I join OTA (Officers Training Academy)? If yes, then what is the application procedure? What is the admission charges? And, which all documents do I need to submit with my application form?

9th September 2019, 06:47 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Default Re: Are Arts student eligible to join OTA?

Yes graduated students from any stream are eligible for CDS examination. Which examination will lead you to OTA . You can follow joinindianarmy.nic.in website to know the official notification of CDS exam. The application charge for this examination is very less.
9th September 2019, 10:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are Arts student eligible to join OTA?

OTA stands for Officer's Training Academy and to join the same one needs to qualify CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for the CDS entrance examination in order to join OTA are as below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 25 years.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must hold the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement standards.

So, degree holders in Humanities/Arts stream are eligible to join OTA provided they satisfy the other requirements too.

Also, to apply for CDS entrance examination, you need to fill its online application form by referring to the link www.upsconline.nic.in during the application period. Also, the application charges for the same examination is Rs 200/- for all candidates except Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from
payment of fee.

For detailed information regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?