19th October 2010, 06:17 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Automation tester in IT or Bank PO? Which one is a better option for a computer science engineer?

I want to know which is a good option for career growth for an computer science engineer .
As an automation tester in IT company like Tech Mahindra or PO in a bank like SBI, PNB, govt. bank?

20th October 2010, 12:21 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Automation tester in IT or Bank PO? Which one is a better option for a computer science engineer?

Automation testing have a good future,as today automation testing has become
very important inorder to achieve the perfection.Being a computer science engineering student it be no doubt a good field for you provided you get it right.
on the other hand the job of a PO in banks is not related to an engineering branch but due to the enormous openings and the decent packages at present,it too is not a bad career to choose.If you are selected in some Govt banks that would definitely be a secured future of yours. But if want to stay in your branch related then you should go for the Automation tester.It also depends on your interests.
Good luck.
20th October 2010, 06:03 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Default Re: Automation tester in IT or Bank PO? Which one is a better option for a computer science engineer?

Both posts are entirely different . In po ur job will be royal and satisfactory salary but very little chances of promotion which entirely depends on ur work quality. On the other hand automation tester is not a royal job but still u will have the chances of promotion so go for it. Good luck
20th October 2010, 11:03 AM
neeraj_m
Senior Member+++++

Hi

There is always a chance to grow your skill-set in an IT company. As an automation tester, you are suppose to automate the manual testing process and for that you need to learn any of the scripting languages like Perl, Python or Ruby. And Since because you are from Computer Science Background, you will achieve it without much difficulty.

Whereas In PO, you will have to work on Probation for two years, where in you will be expected to do anything related to banking. Once you are confirmed, you'd be assigned tasks like advances, passing, posting or scrolling or anything.

In short, both of these domains are very lucrative, but it surely matters which way you'd want to go......Continuing which you started or did in your four years of Engineering or starting something afresh. The choice is all yours! Good Luck!

Regards

Neeraj
20th October 2010, 03:03 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

autoamtion tester as well as bank po...both the posts are equally good....But since you are a CSE student...being a IT tester will help you..and will make things easy for you...
21st October 2010, 06:57 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

There is wide range of options available for you as a computer science engineer. You can work in an IT company part of the IT support, obtain Masters in computer science from India or abroad, attempt Civil Services Exam to join the IAS or join in a bank as a PO. It is advisable to take up masters and build up a career in the areas based on your studies rather than taking deviations.
22nd February 2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

I am in software for 3 years and earning 35 k pm but my interest in Govt jobs.Sud i go for Bank PO or not?I m really confused
13th March 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Question Is Bank PO considered as an under employment for an engineer?

I was software engineer but i quit it and now taken many Bank exams....But my relatives who hear my decision comments telling that it is an under employment for an engineer.
23rd April 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

I have done my Intermediet with PCM and I want to chose bank as my career .Which is better option for me, BBA or BCA?
14th May 2011, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

i'm a graduated student of computer engineering ,not very keen with software programming skills & want to make my career in banking .what is the appropriate answer to the question for a computer science student wanting to make a career in banking ?
Please reply immediately.
14th May 2011, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

i'm a graduated student of computer engineering not very keen with the software programming languages & want to make a career in banking . what is the appropriate answer to the question for a computer science student wanting to make a career in banking?
Please reply immediately on [email protected]
19th May 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in software for 3 years and earning 35 k pm but my interest in Govt jobs.Sud i go for Bank PO or not?I m really confused
If ur salary is still 35k after three yrs either go for SBI PO{only SBI nothing else} or serach for a good IT job
18th June 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

another automation tester with same dilemma... not able to focus on one thing... prepared for bank po for the last 5 months ... took lot of exams... now there is a chance for onsite if i work hard... where should i put focus?? in automation testing or bank po exams??

i looked for a change to get a 8 hrs job... will this bank po provide me ...work pressure job? where i can take leave when i want??
11th November 2011, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Hi..,
I was completed my B.Tech with branch CSE 2009
and I'm working in private company as an Automation Tester
I have 1 and half year experience
can i get job in MNC company
16th December 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

i m good in maths ,chemistry and also in drawing ,which courses should i opt for b.tech, pls help me out, i m in great confusion
15th January 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

is PO better then chargeman tech (central govt.)?
21st April 2012, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

now i am giving exms of BE(CSE) final sem. and i want to ask that how many posts are for Computer science engineering students in banking sectors.......
12th January 2017, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

I have worked in it for 2 years was preparing for bank parallel. I am from ece branch not good at coding also looking for a location change. Should I leave my job and prepare full time or do it with my job?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?